United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:19 PM
armchair

Default the race for 6th

we're not going to make 4th so I'd rather we miss out on the intertoto completely and try again next season. It's a joke of a comp, the league cup of europe.

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:22 PM
Jez Quigley

Yup - it's better to properly regroup IMHO.

Need to cleanse the palate.

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:24 PM
morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Yup - it's better to properly regroup IMHO.

Need to cleanse the palate.
Quick palate cleanser and we go again

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Big Norm

Are you talking about the trophy Liverpool are about to win which will confirm their manager as the reincarnation of Christ?

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:26 PM
Nelson

Won't we be in it regardless, when we win the FA Cup?

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:26 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan
Quick palate cleanser and we go again

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:27 PM
morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Barrettine-0...ustomerReviews

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:29 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
we're not going to make 4th so I'd rather we miss out on the intertoto completely and try again next season. It's a joke of a comp, the league cup of europe.
I disagree.

A trophy is a trophy and a european night is a european night

Whats wrong with winning the Europa league ?

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:38 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Are you talking about the trophy Liverpool are about to win which will confirm their manager as the reincarnation of Christ?
No, the trophy that people think is beneath us now we're not in it but would be delighted to be in if we still were. See also the FA cup

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:42 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
I disagree.

A trophy is a trophy and a european night is a european night

Whats wrong with winning the Europa league ?
Absolutely...never understood this stupid mentally of not wanting to win a competition you're in....and playing weakened teams

Having said that...im not arsed about finishing 4th....it still means we are losers and if we did qualify to play CL, we'd only humiliate ourselves next season...at least , if we took the EL seriously, we'd have a decent shot at it.

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:42 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
No, the trophy that people think is beneath us now we're not in it but would be delighted to be in if we still were. See also the FA cup
The fa cup is a far superior competition in that it doesn't exclude the top teams. If the fa cup was just the lower leagues and all the teams finished below 5th in the pl it would be a stupid pointless competition too.

The also ran cup

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:44 PM
ScarFace

its more to do with it £#%&!ing your league season up.

that being said its our best way of getting into the ecl doh.

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:46 PM
20 times

Quote:
So you don't want us to win the FA Cup?

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:47 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
Absolutely...never understood this stupid mentally of not wanting to win a competition you're in....and playing weakened teams

Having said that...im not arsed about finishing 4th....it still means we are losers and if we did qualify to play CL, we'd only humiliate ourselves next season...at least , if we took the EL seriously, we'd have a decent shot at it.
it's a competition for losers. £#%&! that.

it's like those participation awards. sorry no. I'd prefer to win nothing than win a competition amongst all the second rate teams of europe. I think United should be ashamed to be even in the comp.

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:47 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
The fa cup is a far superior competition in that it doesn't exclude the top teams. If the fa cup was just the lower leagues and all the teams finished below 5th in the pl it would be a stupid pointless competition too.

The also ran cup
The only thing wrong with the Europa league is the fact they drop the CL rejects into it ....twice.

That should stop ...there was nothing wrong with the old uefa cup

If the truth be known, 2nd, 3rd n 4th shouldn't be in the CL either.....

Old school

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:48 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
So you don't want us to win the FA Cup?
where did i say that?

tbh i don't care much about the fa cup. I care about the league and champions league.

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:49 PM
saffers

With City winning the league cup even 6th gets you european football now.

But looking at how we played v Spurs and supposedly v Villa(only saw bits) then I think 7th place is achievable.

20 times

Quote:
where did i say that?

tbh i don't care much about the fa cup. I care about the league and champions league.
You said you'd rather we didn't qualify for the intertoto. Winning the FA Cup will mean we do

morgan

Quote:

The also ran cup
There is a place for a second tier european comp, if only they would scrap the absolutely #@&%!ed current format.

Sift through the dross in pre-qualifiers and then have the best 32 teams in a two-legged knock out. The teams involved in the latter stages are usally all pretty decent

Unread 16-04-2016, 10:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
where did i say that?

Tbh i don't care much about the fa cup. I care about the league and champions league.
jcl
Closed Thread