United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 22-09-2021, 09:53 PM
sweetleftfoot

Worrying how younger players we bring in don't seem to develop currently. Dalot, VdB, Telles and Sancho hardly setting the world on fire. With the policy of buying young, development is everything...

And Martial is a spent force, a burnt match, a waste of a shirt. Utter shit.

Unread 22-09-2021, 09:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Oh come on, as if his detractors would have been going at the end of the season “Well yeah, he’s been pretty shit but he did win us that Carabao Cup, which has answered a few questions!”
I don't give a £#%&! what his "detractors" are saying. He's manchester United manager, he's been given some unbelievably talented players to work with and he'll be judged on winning trophies.

Nice bloke, club legend, probably a great man manager, but he's way short of the top coaches in this league.

Unread 22-09-2021, 09:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Worrying how younger players we bring in don't seem to develop currently. Dalot, VdB, Telles and Sancho hardly setting the world on fire.

Long season, but the above does give concern.
He’s 28.

saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't give a £#%&! what his "detractors" are saying. He's manchester United manager, he's been given some unbelievably talented players to work with and he'll be judged on winning trophies.

Nice bloke, club legend, probably a great man manager, but he's way short of the top coaches in this league.
Spot on.

jem

elanga looked good, too. solid effort from him.

Unread 22-09-2021, 09:56 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He’s 28.
Makes him no less shite. In fact, makes it worse.

Unread 22-09-2021, 09:57 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
elanga looked good, too. solid effort from him.
Agree

Not afraid to get stuck in and made some decent runs.

Should have come on early with Greenwood

Mason up top, elanga left, Jesse central and Sancho on the right (apparently he best position).

Unread 22-09-2021, 09:59 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I think a cup final win and day out at wembley would buy him time. It would also add a buzz to the squad.
He doesn’t need time buying

A carling cup, with the squad we’ve assembled, would have been seen as a failure at the end of the year imo.

Unread 22-09-2021, 09:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Agree, But you said younger players.

He was proper shit tonight nqat.

Unread 22-09-2021, 10:00 PM
Ethers

Quote:

So you’d be happy at the end of this season if all he’s done is won the league cup? Absolute horseshit and you know it.

Unread 22-09-2021, 10:01 PM
atticusgrinch

There's plenty of reasons to give the manager shit. Getting knocked out the of the league cup isn't one of them ffs.

Unread 22-09-2021, 10:01 PM
Dr Stranger

I thought Sancho got better as it went on. Plenty were decent, but far too passive again against a team with ten behind the ball.

Disappointing, but not too much to read into it. West Ham wanted it a bit more after the weekend. Normal service on Saturday lunchtime and nobody will care.

Unread 22-09-2021, 10:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
So you’d be happy at the end of this season if all he’s done is won the league cup? Absolute horseshit and you know it.
i don't think we're in the position to pick and choose mate. I'd take the league cup over nothing.

Because this lot ain't winning the league or the european cup, that's for £#%&!ing sure.

Unread 22-09-2021, 10:05 PM
saffers

Quote:
He doesn’t need time buying

A carling cup, with the squad we’ve assembled, would have been seen as a failure at the end of the year imo.
It would be progress.

Nothing is worse than the carling cup.

Unread 22-09-2021, 10:05 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Oh come on, as if his detractors would have been going at the end of the season “Well yeah, he’s been pretty shit but he did win us that Carabao Cup, which has answered a few questions!”
With you in general but it’s tough to take any positives from it (apart from a bit of fixture easing).

It’s certainly not great for ole and he needs a bit of positive stuff going on or the whole things starts to wobble.

Win Saturday and it’s probably quickly forgotten. £#%&! up and it’s another nail.

Unread 22-09-2021, 10:06 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
There's plenty of reasons to give the manager shit. Getting knocked out the of the league cup isn't one of them ffs.
Everyone of those players is fighting for a team in the starting XI. The attitude from martial was extremely poor. Not even trying to run the channels , hold the ball up , nothing.

Lingard scored his goal and how is chuffed. Tried to score every time he had an opportunity to do so or misplace the pass

Sancho still finding his feet -give him a pass.

Mata was ok but typical mata, luxury player .

Greenwood came out and stayed wide not coming central like mata/lingard and the game got better. However he was the only one making runs. Whether it me wide or the one through the middle where VDb played him through.

If we had a proper CF we would have won and scored.

Think lindelof did well and VDb shows at the very least he should be given a chance ahead of Fred to play at CM as he can pass forward ( not a difficult task but Fred seems to struggle)

Unread 22-09-2021, 10:07 PM
red in cumbria

Cavani instead of Martial and it might have been a different result. Where is he FFS?

Unread 22-09-2021, 10:07 PM
Stickman

Quote:
They tell me he wasn’t a poor signing

Unread 22-09-2021, 10:11 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
With you in general but it’s tough to take any positives from it (apart from a bit of fixture easing).

It’s certainly not great for ole and he needs a bit of positive stuff going on or the whole things starts to wobble.

Win Saturday and it’s probably quickly forgotten. £#%&! up and it’s another nail.
I think that’s fair. All about Saturday now.

I don’t think he’s in a bad enough position that tonight really mattered in terms of anything though tbh.

Unread 22-09-2021, 10:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
i don't think we're in the position to pick and choose mate. I'd take the league cup over nothing.

Because this lot ain't winning the league or the european cup, that's for £#%&!ing sure.
The team we put out tonight ain't winning £#%&! all in a million years, I quite agree.