Unread 05-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Fat Al

Default THIS is why football is £#%&!ing shit now

**SPOKESPEOPLE AVAILABLE **

ISSUE: THE LACK OF 3pm KICK-OFFS IN PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTBALL THIS SATURDAY

AVAILABLE: Gershon Portnoi - Sport Editor at Nuts magazine

Hans Seeberg - Deputy Editor of Nuts magazine

WHEN: From Friday 5th October

WHO CARES THAT ONLY ONE PREMIER LEAGUE GAME KICKS OFF AT 3pm ON SATURDAY? NUTS MAGAZINE SAYS THE MORE GAMES THAT ARE SHOWN ON TELEVISION THE BETTER!

Only one Premier League game kicks off at 3pm this Saturday which has led to many pundits bemoaning the death of the traditional kick-off time in top-flight English footy.

But staff at Nuts magazine - the voice of the young British man - say 'who cares'? The more games that are on television the more time you can spend in the pub watching the football with your mates!

There are only two Premier League games taking place this Saturday: Aston Villa hosting West Ham at 3pm and Man Utd taking on Wigan Athletic at 12.45pm.

All the other Premier League teams play games at varying times on Sunday because of European commitments, policing issues and because of games being broadcast on television.

Nuts magazine Sport Editor Gershon Portnoi and Nuts magazine Deputy Editor Hans Seeberg are available to talk about all the issues surrounding this weird day for English football, including:

-How television and varying kick-off times have changed the match-day experience for young football fans,

-How most Nuts readers can't really afford to go to the football anyway, so the more games that are on television the better it is for them

-And what it means for the future of the Premier League and English football.

Gershon explained: "Going to the football is financially out of the reach for so many young men anyway - so the fact that so few Premier League games are taking place on Saturday afternoon is not the huge issue that some people make it out to be.

"In fact, the new generation of football fans see televised football on the box - particularly on Sunday afternoons - as a tradition that is equally important as the 3pm kick off.

"Times change. Our readers have grown up watching football on Sky Television, sot they've just not got that deep emotional attachment to the 3pm kick-off that many older fans have."

An example of a Nuts magazine reader's ideal weekend of football watching would be:

SATURDAY

Time: 11am kick-off

Where: At home, with a full English breakfast watching the first game of the day.

Time: 12.45pm kick-off

Where: Still at home but with a few mates, cracking open the first beer of the day on the sofa in front of the box

Time: 3pm kick-off

Where: Down the local boozer watching a game on the big screen with the regulars

Time: 5pm kick-off

Where: At a pub in town (the one with the fit barmaid), watching the game with a premium lager

Time: 7.30pm kick-off

Where: At a trendy bar in town watching the game on an expensive plasma screen television - getting warmed up for a night on the tiles

SUNDAY

Time: 12am kick-off

Where: Watching the game at home with a big mug of tea and a sore head, recovering from Saturday night

Time: 1.45pm kick-off

Where: At home, with mum's huge roast dinner on your lap, with extra Yorkshire puddings

Time: 4pm kick-off

Where: Down the local boozer, catching up with the crew and recounting some stories from Saturday night

Time: 6pm kick-off

Where: At a pub in town (the one with the fit barmaid), watching the game and trying to remember exactly what you said to the fit barmaid as you were trying to pull her last night

Time: 8.30pm kick-off

Where: Back down the local pub to wrap up the weekend in style

If you would like to speak to Nuts spokespeople regarding this, or any other football or entertainment related issue in the future, please do not hesitate to contact Paul Drury at Idea Generation on 020 7749 6855 or HYPERLINK "mailto[email protected]"pauld@ideagener ation.co.uk

Unread 05-10-2007, 03:02 PM
believe

Because it's being reported in Nuts magazine?

Unread 05-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
**SPOKESPEOPLE AVAILABLE **

ISSUE: THE LACK OF 3pm KICK-OFFS IN PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTBALL THIS SATURDAY

AVAILABLE: Gershon Portnoi - Sport Editor at Nuts magazine

Hans Seeberg - Deputy Editor of Nuts magazine

WHEN: From Friday 5th October

WHO CARES THAT ONLY ONE PREMIER LEAGUE GAME KICKS OFF AT 3pm ON SATURDAY? NUTS MAGAZINE SAYS THE MORE GAMES THAT ARE SHOWN ON TELEVISION THE BETTER!

Only one Premier League game kicks off at 3pm this Saturday which has led to many pundits bemoaning the death of the traditional kick-off time in top-flight English footy.

But staff at Nuts magazine - the voice of the young British man - say 'who cares'? The more games that are on television the more time you can spend in the pub watching the football with your mates!

There are only two Premier League games taking place this Saturday: Aston Villa hosting West Ham at 3pm and Man Utd taking on Wigan Athletic at 12.45pm.

All the other Premier League teams play games at varying times on Sunday because of European commitments, policing issues and because of games being broadcast on television.

Nuts magazine Sport Editor Gershon Portnoi and Nuts magazine Deputy Editor Hans Seeberg are available to talk about all the issues surrounding this weird day for English football, including:

-How television and varying kick-off times have changed the match-day experience for young football fans,

-How most Nuts readers can't really afford to go to the football anyway, so the more games that are on television the better it is for them

-And what it means for the future of the Premier League and English football.

Gershon explained: "Going to the football is financially out of the reach for so many young men anyway - so the fact that so few Premier League games are taking place on Saturday afternoon is not the huge issue that some people make it out to be.

"In fact, the new generation of football fans see televised football on the box - particularly on Sunday afternoons - as a tradition that is equally important as the 3pm kick off.

"Times change. Our readers have grown up watching football on Sky Television, sot they've just not got that deep emotional attachment to the 3pm kick-off that many older fans have."

An example of a Nuts magazine reader's ideal weekend of football watching would be:

SATURDAY

Where: At home, with a full English breakfast watching the first game of the day.

Where: Still at home but with a few mates, cracking open the first beer of the day on the sofa in front of the box

Where: Down the local boozer watching a game on the big screen with the regulars

Where: At a pub in town (the one with the fit barmaid), watching the game with a premium lager

Where: At a trendy bar in town watching the game on an expensive plasma screen television - getting warmed up for a night on the tiles

SUNDAY

Where: Watching the game at home with a big mug of tea and a sore head, recovering from Saturday night

Where: At home, with mum's huge roast dinner on your lap, with extra Yorkshire puddings

Where: Down the local boozer, catching up with the crew and recounting some stories from Saturday night

Where: At a pub in town (the one with the fit barmaid), watching the game and trying to remember exactly what you said to the fit barmaid as you were trying to pull her last night

If you would like to speak to Nuts spokespeople regarding this, or any other football or entertainment related issue in the future, please do not hesitate to contact Paul Drury at Idea Generation on 020 7749 6855 or HYPERLINK "mailto[email protected]"pauld@ideagener ation.co.uk
What a £#%&!ing tosser.

Unread 05-10-2007, 03:03 PM
carlosartorial

Al, where's that from?

Unread 05-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Al, where's that from?
Sent to UWS, apparently.

Unread 05-10-2007, 03:10 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan_Tier2
one question........ can someone explain what a premium lager is too me?
it's what real men drink. apparently.

Crumps

Quote:
I assume one over 4%. Most lager drinkers/Nuts reader fall to pieces over anything stronger and will almost certainly piss in a wardrobe and or be violently sick after 6 pints.

Bunker Buster

It has to be a WUM........its £#%&!ing cringe worthy...

Except i do still require a link to the barmaid.

Unread 05-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It has to be a WUM........its £#%&!ing cringe worthy...

Except i do still require a link to the barmaid.
Impeccable source.

The WUMmery could be from Nuts, just to get some reaction & column inches.

Unread 05-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Carling

Unread 05-10-2007, 03:13 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
SATURDAY

SUNDAY

What kind of sad, pointless lifestyle is that?

Anyway, how many of you regulalrly watch Premier League matches not involving United? Apart from our away games and La Liga, I very rarely watch any other side in our League

Unread 05-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Impeccable source.

The WUMmery could be from Nuts, just to get some reaction & column inches.
Wouldn't be supised if it was followed by 'To share your views text 'numpty' to 8080 (texts charged at £1 plus standard network rate)'

Unread 05-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Anyway, how many of you regularly watch Premier League matches not involving United?
I do.

Unread 05-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Crumps

Quote:

Anyway, how many of you regulalrly watch Premier League matches not involving United? Apart from our away games and La Liga, I very rarely watch any other side in our League
I watch very little football now compared to when I was younger. Mostly will watch a match if one happens to be on when in the pub rather than going out specially to watch a match.

Fat Al

Quote:

Exactly. I CANNOT watch Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal playing on TV, unless it is against United.

carlosartorial

Quote:
... I very rarely watch any other side in our League
Neither does any normal person. The £#%&!witted 'footie' watching Nuts demographic, however...

Unread 05-10-2007, 03:17 PM
</forzagarza>

I can't help think that was written by a three year old.

Unread 05-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Neither does any normal person. The £#%&!witted 'footie' watching Nuts demographic, however...
I watch other games.............

I am normal....

Unread 05-10-2007, 03:19 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Exactly. I CANNOT watch Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal playing on TV, unless it is against United.
Same here. If a game effects United (arse vs chelsea last season for instance), then fair enough. But liverpool and chelsea are £#%&!ing gash to watch. Arsenal are a decent side, but the endless fawning over them by the comentators really winds me up.

calo - Agreed.

Unread 05-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Same here. If a game effects United (arse vs chelsea last season for instance), then fair enough. But liverpool and chelsea are £#%&!ing gash to watch. Arsenal are a decent side, but the endless fawning over them by the comentators really winds me up.

calo - Agreed.
Can't watch them in any domestic games. Can stomach mebbe Chelsea in Europe, but not the vermin nor Arsenal. Not even if the result has a huge effect on United.
Closed Thread