United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-06-2019, 09:16 PM
armchair

break the bank for him. twice the player Djemba-Djemba was. Djemba-Djemba-Djemba-Djemba

Unread 15-06-2019, 09:18 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
The way to success according to some on here...
I can understand the logic of 1 or 2 signings of utter non-entities. But at the moment it looks like we could be spending £150m on Mid-Table Mickeys ffs

Unread 15-06-2019, 09:57 PM
messhead

Hold up, Diop was considered a top prospect 2/3 years ago, well before he went to West Ham. No problem with him signing for us whatsoever. Would be an improvement on Jones/Smalling/Bailly/Rojo straight away. We've done the whole "buy big" thing for the past few years and I don't think it's really worked out for us. Unless you're referring to De Ligt, in which case I think PSG offering 350k a week might swing it.

Unread 15-06-2019, 10:32 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Have you seen some of the shit posted....

Why have we turned into Everton overnight ?

£#%&! these absolute cretins off and start buying big

Unread 15-06-2019, 11:09 PM
AK14

People were pissed off when we were signing over 28 year olds journeymen under Mou and now they’re unhappy we’re trying to sign talented players under 23 this summer?..

This place..

Unread 15-06-2019, 11:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
People were pissed off when we were signing over 28 year olds under Mou and now they’re unhappy we’re signing players under 23 this summer?..

This place..
He is a good player and better than we have now for the most part. Of course, we will likely ruin him in short order but that is another issue

Unread 15-06-2019, 11:21 PM
AK14

Btw...

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=57

Think sky might be lurking and making shit up?...

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:31 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Btw...

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=57

Think sky might be lurking and making shit up?...
Don't flatter yourself pal.

Unread 16-06-2019, 05:12 AM
Part 36 Offer

Good player tbf but if we are after him he’s shite of course.

Unread 16-06-2019, 05:31 AM
shenwen

Yeah, let's go out and buy big. Worked wonders for us over the past five years. Why change a winning formula? Any more Di Marias and Pogbas out there?

We can avoid paying 60m for likes of Diop and AWB, and that's through buying them at an earlier stage. Like we've done with James. But of course it shows a lack of ambition sniffing around Swansea and Leicester. Quite fancy Neves but he plays for Wolves so we should stay well clear.

I'm not keen on dropping 60m on a player I've no idea about, but that's just money. As long as we back up with a couple of more established signings, I don't see the issue. Unless some think that James, Diop and Longstaff would be our only signings

Unread 16-06-2019, 05:33 AM
armchair

leicester won the league with shit players like diop

Unread 16-06-2019, 06:03 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Yeah, let's go out and buy big. Worked wonders for us over the past five years. Why change a winning formula? Any more Di Marias and Pogbas out there?

We can avoid paying 60m for likes of Diop and AWB, and that's through buying them at an earlier stage. Like we've done with James. But of course it shows a lack of ambition sniffing around Swansea and Leicester. Quite fancy Neves but he plays for Wolves so we should stay well clear.

I'm not keen on dropping 60m on a player I've no idea about, but that's just money. As long as we back up with a couple of more established signings, I don't see the issue. Unless some think that James, Diop and Longstaff would be our only signings
Absolutely spot on. I think people have forgotten what United is all about. We are the unearthers of talent; the platform for greatness to be achieved. This strategy of buying supposed 2nd rate top players at their peak does not £#%&!ing work. We are about talent; youth; progression; hardwork; grit; winning. Not this prima Donna bullshit. I’m up for a few years of hardwork and grit to get back to the top. Not phased in the slightest. The players we are linked with now are the most encouraging links since ferie. Proper players, proper characters.

Unread 16-06-2019, 09:49 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Don't flatter yourself pal.
Reported.

Unread 16-06-2019, 11:14 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Absolutely spot on. I think people have forgotten what United is all about. We are the unearthers of talent; the platform for greatness to be achieved. This strategy of buying supposed 2nd rate top players at their peak does not £#%&!ing work. We are about talent; youth; progression; hardwork; grit; winning. Not this prima Donna bullshit. I’m up for a few years of hardwork and grit to get back to the top. Not phased in the slightest. The players we are linked with now are the most encouraging links since ferie. Proper players, proper characters.
Can you give me an example of someone in the last 20 years?

Unread 16-06-2019, 11:16 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Can you give me an example of someone in the last 20 years?

Unread 16-06-2019, 11:17 AM
Bunker Buster

Proper players, proper characters......

Yep, if there's one thing you can say about Newcastle's Longstaff, who had 7/8 games last season is.....what a bloody character he is, Enid blytons famous five stalwart....absolute guy .

Unread 16-06-2019, 11:19 AM
messhead

Quote:
Proper players, proper characters......

Yep, if there's one thing you can say about Newcastle's Longstaff, who had 7/8 games last season is.....what a bloody character he is, Enid blytons famous five stalwart....absolute guy .
Can understand your trepidation there but Diop? He settled straight into the West Ham defense, bossed a fair few games and did it with some absolute dross around him. He's only young so will be a top top player imo, that and the fact he's already proven himself in the PL makes him a good buy.

Edit: better than maguire anyway.

Unread 16-06-2019, 11:29 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Can understand your trepidation there but Diop? He settled straight into the West Ham defense, bossed a fair few games and did it with some absolute dross around him. He's only young so will be a top top player imo, that and the fact he's already proven himself in the PL makes him a good buy.

Edit: better than maguire anyway.
Anything is better than Maguire, I maybe being harsh on this Diopy lad....really not seen enough of him...

It's the feeling though that Manchester United are now after players from clubs we used to crush week in week out...

Someone further up said these type of signings won't be our only signings.

I'm not too sure.....make enough noises that this is fine now and you're staring at a smiling Ed and 10th place finishes....

Unread 16-06-2019, 11:35 AM
puressence

Think he was the one Jose was bleating about after the 3-1 defeat when he outed the scouting system saying how good West Ham’s scouts are 🤣🤣🤣

Unread 16-06-2019, 11:40 AM
messhead

Quote:
Anything is better than Maguire, I maybe being harsh on this Diopy lad....really not seen enough of him...

It's the feeling though that Manchester United are now after players from clubs we used to crush week in week out...

Someone further up said these type of signings won't be our only signings.

I'm not too sure.....make enough noises that this is fine now and you're staring at a smiling Ed and 10th place finishes....
Oh I definitely agree to an extent. But didn't Carrick come through at West Ham before we bought him from Spurs? I really do rate this Diop kid, especially when taking into consideration defenders tend to develop a bit later in their career. Sure, he isn't De Ligt but I think he could be a beast for us.

What worries me is that whilst some are reading into it that we've "learnt our lesson" from buying the "superstars", I can't help but think we've just veered into a totally different direction whilst still not having much of a plan. Isn't that James kid yet another predominantly left winger? And I know we're being linked with full backs but considering we don't have a RB (Darmian doesn't count) we should really have made that a priority. Can't help but worry that we are in danger of spending all summer speculating and haggling blah blah blah but by the time the season starts we end up with Youngy running things from the fullback position again.

God I hate football right now.
Closed Thread