United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:04 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Not sure if you're being ironic, I'm not the one getting worked up about social media posts that aren't mandatory viewing.
Apologies if that sounded facetious, it wasn’t my intention. My point was that’s getting wound up about people getting wound up about something is basically the same thing. I agree with you bit I also agree with the people who it winds up.

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:06 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
It's not just a generational gap imo. People aren't saying the same shit about rashford or other young lads.

There were giddy clowns like Jesse during all generations.

Genuinely do not have any dislike toward him really but he's absolutely a clown and with the club in the state it's in, it's not received well.
How many 26 year olds do you see acting like that? Aside from the mentally challenged ones.

It’s Rashford I feel most for. Imagine choosing that as your style mentor. Poor kid.

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:08 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You don’t have to read them
Exactly. All the people saying you don't have to watch his vids, same applies to the posts criticising him.

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:08 PM
barca99

@#%&! @#%&! @#%&!

Using the club to elevate his 'brand'

Hes a modern day instagram, social media @#%&! who sometimes plays football.

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:09 PM
shenwen

Thumbs up

Quote:
Not sure if you're being ironic, I'm not the one getting worked up about social media posts that aren't mandatory viewing.
Quite a few on this thread getting worked up about others getting worked up tbf.

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:09 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
It's not just a generational gap imo. People aren't saying the same shit about rashford or other young lads.

There were giddy clowns like Jesse during all generations.

Genuinely do not have any dislike toward him really but he's absolutely a clown and with the club in the state it's in, it's not received well.
He's a clown who has made a brand for himself off the back of a good 5 or 6 weeks. Got to give him that even if it is reluctantly. In a few years kids wearing JLingz gear will be bullied so can you blame him for milking whatever appeal he has now? It's business!

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:14 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Apologies if that sounded facetious, it wasn’t my intention. My point was that’s getting wound up about people getting wound up about something is basically the same thing. I agree with you bit I also agree with the people who it winds up.
I'm not wound up by it, I just find it odd behaviour. I know this forum is about repeating yourself endlessly and I'm as guilty as the next man but people seem to genuinely loathe the bloke and yet eat up anything he posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Two reasons as far as I can see. When you’re a United player you’re a United player, and represent the club 24/7. Is this how you want to be represented, especially given that we’re already suffering with what’s happened the last 6 years?
Honestly, I think he has some attributes both on and off the pitch that I would want any United player to represent. It's not enough to earn you a first team spot but local lad and academy product from the age of 8 are a distinguishing feature of our history and almost unique among top clubs. On the pitch he is good technically, sounds basic but when you consider that we have a £75m striker incapable of using his weaker foot, controlling a ball or weighting a pass you realise you can't take it for granted. I'd love him to score more goals of the likes he has scored previously but I'm under no illusions that he is good enough to be consistent enough to do that. Still prefer him to watching Mata mind.

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:14 PM
utd99

Quote:
Is it possible that none of us are actually getting worked up at all; merely commenting on the state of the club? Isn’t that what this place is for?

Let’s test it out..”Woodward is a chinless cretin who should never have been allowed to escape from the the accountant’s cubicle he was spawned in.”

Yep, resting HR 58, same as before....

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:18 PM
Buck

Quote:
I'm not wound up by it, I just find it odd behaviour. I know this forum is about repeating yourself endlessly and I'm as guilty as the next man but people seem to genuinely loathe the bloke and yet eat up anything he posts.

Honestly, I think he has some attributes both on and off the pitch that I would want any United player to represent. It's not enough to earn you a first team spot but local lad and academy product from the age of 8 are a distinguishing feature of our history and almost unique among top clubs. On the pitch he is good technically, sounds basic but when you consider that we have a £75m striker incapable of using his weaker foot, controlling a ball or weighting a pass you realise you can't take it for granted. I'd love him to score more goals of the likes he has scored previously but I'm under no illusions that he is good enough to be consistent enough to do that. Still prefer him to watching Mata mind.
Someone has to replace Fellaini

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:27 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
@#%&! @#%&! @#%&!

Using the club to elevate his 'brand'

Hes a modern day instagram, social media @#%&! who sometimes plays football.
Yep, if he was playing at a club that was a his level he wouldn't have this brand.

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:27 PM
Hema

Quote:
I would have zero thoughts on the matter if this thing wasn’t stealing a shirt from a proper footballer every game or so.

Like it or not he represents our club.
This

Quote:
I don’t follow him but I’ve probable seen everyone of his videos on here. I’m also not arsed about what he does I just think he epitomizes everything that’s wrong with the club, or even just football/life in general. Why anyone wouldn’t be able to have a gripe about that is a bit strange.
And this

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:29 PM
utd99

Quote:
Fair enough, but it IS possible to have an opinion on Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez and Lingard simultaneously - unless you’re Siders that is.

Lingard got grandfathered into the team because of a perfect storm of us being shit, slow and unsuccessful. The fact he was a homegrown that ran a lot and had energy in spades; but even from the beginning his movement was married with some of the worst positional discipline I’ve even seen in a United player. He rarely contributes game changing shifts, and if his performances could be evaluated with out the rose-tinted glasses of academy nostalgia he wouldn’t have made it past half a season - which would have been consistent with his time at Birmingham, Brighton and Derby.

He’s a Man Utd player, but he would never get near a serious Man Utd team. As for getting “wound up”, well any human with self awareness would realize that now is not the time for this nonsense. Any time he chooses to appear #@&%!ed in public some of it rubs off on the club.

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:40 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Is it possible that none of us are actually getting worked up at all
It's possible, just seems pretty vitriolic.

Quote:

Lingard got grandfathered into the team because of a perfect storm of us being shit, slow and unsuccessful. The fact he was a homegrown that ran a lot and had energy in spades; but even from the beginning his movement was married with some of the worst positional discipline I’ve even seen in a United player. He rarely contributes game changing shifts, and if his performances could be evaluated with out the rose-tinted glasses of academy nostalgia he wouldn’t have made it past half a season - which would have been consistent with his time at Birmingham, Brighton and Derby.

He’s a Man Utd player, but he would never get near a serious Man Utd team. As for getting “wound up”, well any human with self awareness would realize that now is not the time for this nonsense. Any time he chooses to appear #@&%!ed in public some of it rubs off on the club.
We'll have to disagree there, of all our players he is one of the more likely (again extremely low bar) to change the the shift and create some intent. As for self-awareness, I don't many of our players have it.

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:44 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Fair enough, but it IS possible to have an opinion on Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez and Lingard simultaneously - unless you’re Siders that is.

Retweeted for truth

Quote:
It's possible, just seems pretty vitriolic.

We'll have to disagree there, of all our players he is one of the more likely (again extremely low bar) to change the the shift and create some intent. As for self-awareness, I don't many of our players have it.
Beanz Beanz beans. Hi jess.

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:47 PM
utd99

Quote:
Don’t players like this accidently create and score goals every now and then?

As a player he’s all hat, no cowboy.

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:48 PM
Whip Hubley

I don't need insta to tell me he's a bit shit and a bit thick

I wish I cared enough about any of our players to get wound up about their social media tbh

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:51 PM
utd99

Why would anyone, in any profession, whose role requires intelligence and creativity actively choose to appear educationally challenged?

It’s mystifying.

Unread 16-06-2019, 12:58 PM
believe

Quote:
Why would anyone, in any profession, whose role requires intelligence and creativity actively choose to appear educationally challenged?

It’s mystifying.
Some of the best players we’ve had have been thick as pigshit.

Unread 16-06-2019, 01:03 PM
utd99

Quote:
Some of the best players we’ve had have been thick as pigshit.
Ok, but did they go out of their way to display it for all to see?

Unread 16-06-2019, 01:20 PM
believe

Quote:
Ok, but did they go out of their way to display it for all to see?
They didn’t have the means but I think you’re missing the point a bit. I doubt most people would care if he did kids parties as a sideline or knocked about with Harvey Price as long as he did his bit on the pitch. Beckham, Best, Cantona, Keane just to name a few all had their issues off the pitch but no one gave a flying £#%&! because they were busting their %@#$&!s off week I week out to help us win league titles.
Closed Thread