United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 25-06-2023, 02:16 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill View Post
That is also my biggest fear, as it would be typical of, United to go & pay, Everton a record fee for, Pickford, of whom is'nt much of an upgreade on, De Gea's foarm of the last 4 season's.
It would be a regression to get Pickford.

And than add in the fact he is a massive @#%&!.

Unread 25-06-2023, 02:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill View Post
That is also my biggest fear, as it would be typical of, United to go & pay, Everton a record fee for, Pickford, of whom is'nt much of an upgreade on, De Gea's foarm of the last 4 season's.
Do you know what commas are for?

Unread 25-06-2023, 03:44 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
Do you know what commas are for?
No wonder people prefer getting an Uber.

Unread 25-06-2023, 03:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao View Post
No wonder people prefer getting an Uber.
Such rapier-like wit

Unread 25-06-2023, 03:49 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by coracao View Post
no wonder people prefer getting an uber.
😁

Unread 25-06-2023, 04:05 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Such rapier-like wit
Sorry pal. Maybe I should have attempted to critique someone who clearly struggles with written English in an attempt to get the 'lolz' instead.

Unread 25-06-2023, 04:13 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Sorry pal. Maybe I should have attempted to critique someone who clearly struggles with written English in an attempt to get the 'lolz' instead.

Unread 25-06-2023, 04:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yeah it's much more honourable to have tired-old personal digs about someone's job eh, captain morality.

Unread 25-06-2023, 04:32 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Yeah it's much more honourable to have tired-old personal digs about someone's job eh, captain morality.
One comma, wrong place. I think. English isn’t my strong suit.

Unread 25-06-2023, 04:37 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Such rapier-like wit
Do you know what full stops are for?

Unread 25-06-2023, 04:40 PM
armchair

I watched a video of his Ajax saves earlier. Not many incredible saves but this comment struck me:
Quote:
Onana makes goal keeping look very easy and less stressful

Unread 25-06-2023, 04:42 PM
Bunker Buster

When's this magnificent bastard coming ? He was class at Ajax, lost some form after his time out...

But he's an absolute warrior, de geas negative ...

Unread 25-06-2023, 04:45 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
When's this magnificent bastard coming ? He was class at Ajax, lost some form after his time out...

But he's an absolute warrior, de geas negative ...
Reported.

Unread 25-06-2023, 04:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
I watched a video of his Ajax saves earlier. Not many incredible saves but this comment struck me:

https://youtu.be/3s1htwiKqR4
I must admit that i've seen virtually nothing of this bloke.

I know we need a keeper who can kick accurately and deal with the ball at his feet....

I'm a little less sure we need one who's going to be doing step overs on the halfway line and trying to dribble past attackers.

Unread 25-06-2023, 04:50 PM
Sapien

Quote:
I've always assumed that he was using some sort of voice recognition software

Unread 25-06-2023, 04:58 PM
jem

Quote:

Onana makes goal keeping look very easy and less stressful
yeah, but... no. his ball-playing skills will stress a lot of people.

imagine de gea's highlights reel.

happy enough if we get him.

incidentally, how £#%&!ing slow are the ajax d?

Unread 25-06-2023, 05:04 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
yeah, but... no. his ball-playing skills will stress a lot of people.

imagine de gea's highlights reel.

happy enough if we get him.

incidentally, how £#%&!ing slow are the ajax d?
DeGea can make saves other keepers don't but he's a liability on the deck, doesn't come for crosses and his positioning is dubious. And now he's making huge mistakes.

Unread 25-06-2023, 05:12 PM
jem

Quote:
DeGea can make saves other keepers don't but he's a liability on the deck, doesn't come for crosses and his positioning is dubious. And now he's making huge mistakes.
yes, indeed. however, his highlights reel would look magnificent.

my point is that onana is not a low stress keeper - some people will have kittens. and he will give away some really stupid goals trying to take players on. as I said, I'll be happy enough if we get him, but the idea that it will be relaxing is nonsense.

Unread 25-06-2023, 05:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
yes, indeed. however, his highlights reel would look magnificent.

my point is that onana is not a low stress keeper - some people will have kittens. and he will give away some really stupid goals trying to take players on. as I said, I'll be happy enough if we get him, but the idea that it will be relaxing is nonsense.
Are you calling him the black barthez ?

Unread 25-06-2023, 05:14 PM
Coracao

Quote:
You deserved it.