United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-09-2019, 04:58 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I don’t think you can watch Keane’s account of anything and believe it’s the unfiltered truth. Neville pretty much went as far as he dared in calling him a liar.
i wouldn't necessarily disagree with that, but people going on about what he's saying about jonathan walters as being out of order? do me a favour.

(said in a roy keane voice)

Unread 05-09-2019, 04:59 PM
Seamus

there wasnt much sympathy going around when Triggs passed

Unread 05-09-2019, 05:00 PM
Chris Quayd

By his own admission his legs had gone by the end of his time here and he couldn't hack it in Scotland so I don't know what he expected from the club. He was the one that said players should have been sold after the treble and that p45's should have been given to members of the '01 team after they had won 3 in a row, one rule for one...

Unread 05-09-2019, 05:03 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i wouldn't necessarily disagree with that, but people going on about what he's saying about jonathan walters as being out of order? do me a favour.

(said in a roy keane voice)
If Fergie had come to me and said something like ‘listen, we’re winding down now, let’s give it until January and we’ll shake hands and parts ways’....

Yeah, ok Roy

Does that a lot does Keano. I wonder how much he trained when he was injured, and whether he thinks that’s a good idea or not.

Unread 05-09-2019, 05:03 PM
Ethers

He was still our best player in his last game for us iirc.

I don’t think you can judge him on Scotland tbh, he clearly saw it as a jolly.

Unread 05-09-2019, 05:04 PM
ScarFace

Wonderful player. Mental personality. Unless he constantly won as a manager, he was always going to be doomed.

Unread 05-09-2019, 05:27 PM
Stickman

Those interviews are absolutely brilliant viewing.

Couldn’t help but think of Brent on the hotel room bed though when he starts waving his finger and putting the world to rights at times, so good

Unread 05-09-2019, 05:28 PM
armchair

Unread 05-09-2019, 05:35 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

I reckon Roy just genuinely calls it as he sees it as opposed to projecting in a way he'd like to be seen or for effect. There are few people out there like that because most do, or have to, consider how what they say will go down or be judged. Roy doesn't give a monkey's and by virtue of the levels he reached and what he's achieved, he doesn't feel he has to. Fair £#%&!s to him.

Unread 05-09-2019, 05:36 PM
Vedder

I adore the bloke. In great form here.

“My daughter is in the crowd, she’ll back me up on this, she was one at the time but she’ll back me up” ffs

Unread 05-09-2019, 05:50 PM
windy waffles

I wonder if Gary Neville cringes when he sees the footage in the Highbury tunnel when Keano had to fight Vieira for him?

Unread 05-09-2019, 05:53 PM
Sparky***

I've always wondered on what basis Vieira cultivated this image as a 'hard man'?

I watched him throughout his entire career and he was never at any stage what you'd call particularly tough or aggressive. Lets not forget this was the man who was bullied out of a game at old trafford by phillip Neville.

He was a very cultured footballer, who could pass about, tackle if he needed and was also very, very £#%&!ing dirty and snidey like most of that Arsenal team he played in. All smiles while everything was going their way but as soon as teams stopped sitting back and admiring them, they threw their toys out the pram.

Unread 05-09-2019, 05:54 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I've always wondered on what basis Vieira cultivated this image as a 'hard man'?

I watched him throughout his entire career and he was never at any stage what you'd call particularly tough or aggressive. Lets not forget this was the man who was bullied out of a game at old trafford by phillip Neville.

He was a very cultured footballer, who could pass about, tackle if he needed and was also very, very £#%&!ing dirty and snidey like most of that Arsenal team he played in. All smiles while everything was going their way but as soon as teams stopped sitting back and admiring them, they threw their toys out the pram.
Keano would have had him all day long.

Only player I reckon who could have had Roy back in the day was Big Dunc.

Unread 05-09-2019, 06:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He was still our best player in his last game for us iirc.

I don’t think you can judge him on Scotland tbh, he clearly saw it as a jolly.
And he still did enough to get a league medal tbf.

Unread 05-09-2019, 06:29 PM
Harry Flashman

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Keano would have had him all day long.

Only player I reckon who could have had Roy back in the day was Big Dunc.
Probably
However, one other player Roy never took any liberties with was John Hartson

Unread 05-09-2019, 06:39 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry flashman
probably
however, one other player roy never took any liberties with was john hartson

Unread 05-09-2019, 06:39 PM
Brucie

Ha, Darren Ferguson has more league medals than Gerrard.

Madness

Unread 05-09-2019, 06:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Neville at 10:50

Unread 05-09-2019, 06:46 PM
Patty_b

Love him (Keane, not Gary), didnt see anything wrong with anything he said throughout that.

Top guy. Mad as £#%&!, but top guy.

Unread 05-09-2019, 06:51 PM
utd99

I wonder how Keano himself would react to a bit of Keano snide.
Closed Thread