United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-08-2022, 12:36 PM
MUFCOK

Even if we got De Jong (which we won't) we still need another midfielder. The same as the last 4 summers, we need two midfielders who are comfortable on the ball and can control and dictate the game.

Until we get the midfield sorted we'll be going no where fast.

Unread 02-08-2022, 12:38 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
That's the weirdest part of all this shite. Maybe FDJ doesn't fancy it because he doesn't think that highly of Hag. It seems unlikely after the team they built but something isn't right in all of this.
De Jong contacted ajax asking to be in the video of players sending tan hag best wishes when he left for United. Ten hag also made de Jong’s career by moving him into midfield.

What isn’t right is Barca and the deferred wages.

My own impression from a mixture of facts and speculation that we’ve seen all summer is that de Jong’s preference all summer has been to sign for ten hag; otherwise ten hag wouldn’t have kept up the pursuit, other clubs would have been publicly in for him along with us, and Chelsea would have made a move weeks ago after meeting Barca.

Ever since that Chelsea meeting, I think Barca have likely been trying to force de Jong away from United by being a @#%&! with him. Probably because a club like Chelsea offered to help solve Barca’s issue with the deferred wages somehow, whereas united haven’t played ball because they know de Jong prefers them.

Chelsea is likely now being presented to de Jong as he escape route, the compromise solution in his standoff with Barca, where he gets what he’s owed if he goes there instead. Which is why Chelsea are now supposedly making their move after Barca have treated de Jong like shit since that Chelsea meeting. So it’s a question of how committed de Jong is to joining ten hag at united over any alternative compromise offers from clubs Barca prefer because they’re offering Barca a better deal, and how much balls he has in making a stand that could leave him high and dry if Barca don’t blink over the United situation.

I suspect he’ll compromise and go to Chelsea. Barca get what they want, player gets the money and probably a shitload in wages and signing on fee. Can’t see him being that resistant to London and the champions’ league, no matter how much he’d have preferred ten hag. Up to ten hag to decide what to do in response, as I’m sure de Jong will tell ten hag before anything is done and dusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Its obvious De Jong is a scheming little @#%&! and has played ETH, sold him a pup
For what purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
He probably got told by someone who saw a tweet from the Barca media, the never ending loop of bullshit.
Neville posting third hand information ffs. And apparently taking it seriously.

Chelsea would have made a move a month ago if he preferred them. Doesn’t mean he won’t go there, but it doesn’t look his preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I didn't say he wasn't as good as Carrick, dumbo.
Yeah, right.

Unread 02-08-2022, 12:48 PM
ragnorak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
De Jong contacted ajax asking to be in the video of players sending tan hag best wishes when he left for United. Ten hag also made de Jong’s career by moving him into midfield.

What isn’t right is Barca and the deferred wages.

My own impression from a mixture of facts and speculation that we’ve seen all summer is that de Jong’s preference all summer has been to sign for ten hag; otherwise ten hag wouldn’t have kept up the pursuit, other clubs would have been publicly in for him along with us, and Chelsea would have made a move weeks ago after meeting Barca.

Ever since that Chelsea meeting, I think Barca have likely been trying to force de Jong away from United by being a @#%&! with him. Probably because a club like Chelsea offered to help solve Barca’s issue with the deferred wages somehow, whereas united haven’t played ball because they know de Jong prefers them.

Chelsea is likely now being presented to de Jong as he escape route, the compromise solution in his standoff with Barca, where he gets what he’s owed if he goes there instead. Which is why Chelsea are now supposedly making their move after Barca have treated de Jong like shit since that Chelsea meeting. So it’s a question of how committed de Jong is to joining ten hag at united over any alternative compromise offers from clubs Barca prefer because they’re offering Barca a better deal, and how much balls he has in making a stand that could leave him high and dry if Barca don’t blink over the United situation.

I suspect he’ll compromise and go to Chelsea. Barca get what they want, player gets the money and probably a shitload in wages and signing on fee. Can’t see him being that resistant to London and the champions’ league, no matter how much he’d have preferred ten hag. Up to ten hag to decide what to do in response, as I’m sure de Jong will tell ten hag before anything is done and dusted.

For what purpose?

Neville posting third hand information ffs. And apparently taking it seriously.

Chelsea would have made a move a month ago if he preferred them. Doesn’t mean he won’t go there, but it doesn’t look his preference.

Yeah, right.
I think that is pretty much how I see it, I have no reason to second guess Ten Hag so just let them get on with it and see how it shakes out. Hope he does come though

Unread 02-08-2022, 12:50 PM
dunk

Wow so much utter nonsense.

FDJ will join United if he has to, would much rather stay at Barca but it’s clear that option isn’t there so is playing hardball for his money. If he gets it, he’ll arrive at OT, if he doesn’t he stays and absolutely £#%&!s Barca all ends up on €540k a week (apparently they don’t pay wages monthly but 6 monthly and have to send the money to a sort of holding area or escrow well in advance, so they currently have absolutely millions tied up for Frenkie that they get back, plus interest, if they manage to sell him).

Chelsea won’t be signing him. They’re trying to chuck £150m at defenders and need a striker. I’d be more worried about them stealing Sesko tbh.

Ngl, I’m at the point where I half want to see him stay at Barca to see the fall out

Unread 02-08-2022, 01:21 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wow so much utter nonsense.

FDJ will join United if he has to, would much rather stay at Barca but it’s clear that option isn’t there so is playing hardball for his money. If he gets it, he’ll arrive at OT, if he doesn’t he stays and absolutely £#%&!s Barca all ends up on €540k a week (apparently they don’t pay wages monthly but 6 monthly and have to send the money to a sort of holding area or escrow well in advance, so they currently have absolutely millions tied up for Frenkie that they get back, plus interest, if they manage to sell him).

Chelsea won’t be signing him. They’re trying to chuck £150m at defenders and need a striker. I’d be more worried about them stealing Sesko tbh.

Ngl, I’m at the point where I half want to see him stay at Barca to see the fall out
The goal machine who scored 5 goals last season?

Unread 02-08-2022, 01:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
The goal machine who scored 5 goals last season?
A striker Windy. A striker. We need one, so do Chelsea, options are thin on the ground. This lad appears to be the one that can be got.

When I say ‘worried’ it’s relative to my concern about FDJ to Chelsea, which I’m not arsed about at all.

Unread 02-08-2022, 02:09 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
De Jong a water carrier and not as good as carrick
Carrick was a very underrated player.

Unread 02-08-2022, 02:16 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Carrick was a very underrated player.
No he wasn’t, literally everyone in world football rated him by the end of his career

Unread 02-08-2022, 02:18 PM
utd99

Midfield is not a problem area for Chelsea. If they whack out a load on de Jong and lose a couple more defenders in the process just because this new bloke is getting desperate then I could easily see them fall out of contention and Tuchel sacked before the weather turns warm again. Tommy T doesn't strike me as the type who deals well with adversity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
No he wasn’t, literally everyone in world football rated him by the end of his career
Shocking how few caps he got.

Obviously I've only seen de Jong a fraction of the times I've seen Carrick, but a choice between the two - in Carrick's prime - isn't a choice at all imo.

Unread 02-08-2022, 03:35 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Carrick was better than FDJ absolutely NQAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Midfield is not a problem area for Chelsea. If they whack out a load on de Jong and lose a couple more defenders in the process just because this new bloke is getting desperate then I could easily see them fall out of contention and Tuchel sacked before the weather turns warm again. Tommy T doesn't strike me as the type who deals well with adversity..

Midfield is a problem for them. Kante always injured. Only really Kante + Kovacic who are decent at the club.

Unread 02-08-2022, 03:48 PM
windy waffles

The thing I find the most remarkable in all of this is that we have no backup plan.

At least bid for another midfielder so that we have something lined up when he signs for Chelsea...

Unread 02-08-2022, 03:51 PM
dunk

We’d snatch anybody’s hands off for a 25 year old Carrick right about now.

Could play him in a 2 with Eriksen.

Unread 02-08-2022, 03:54 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Carrick was better than FDJ absolutely NQAT

Midfield is a problem for them. Kante always injured. Only really Kante + Kovacic who are decent at the club.
Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek, Conor Gallagher and Gilmour also in that position

Unread 02-08-2022, 04:08 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek, Conor Gallagher and Gilmour also in that position
Yes Jorginho I missed .. other 3 are not CMs or not at any decent level of football expected for top-half table club (would therefore walk into our squad, naturally)

Unread 02-08-2022, 04:24 PM
the heathen

Quote:
The thing I find the most remarkable in all of this is that we have no backup plan.

At least bid for another midfielder so that we have something lined up when he signs for Chelsea...
The thing I find most remarkable is that you think you know whether or not United have a backup plan.

Unread 02-08-2022, 05:11 PM
utd99

Poor Koppas.

Unread 02-08-2022, 05:12 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heathen
The thing I find most remarkable is that you think you know whether or not United have a backup plan.

Unread 02-08-2022, 05:38 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heathen

Yeah because we are so well run and organised...

Unread 02-08-2022, 06:38 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Yeah because we are so well run and organised...
As the bigger and better man - I’m not going to retaliate to the bad rep you sent me for posting a smiley. But it has been noted that you’re clearly a sensitive little soul who can dish it out but can’t take it back.

Personally still think that Frenkie will sign, not sure I care what Gary Neville has to say, but if it doesn’t happen then it might be time to dust the pitchforks off as we really needed a solid DM about 5 years ago - enough is enough.

Unread 02-08-2022, 06:50 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
As the bigger and better man - I’m not going to retaliate to the bad rep you sent me for posting a smiley. But it has been noted that you’re clearly a sensitive little soul who can dish it out but can’t take it back.

Personally still think that Frenkie will sign, not sure I care what Gary Neville has to say, but if it doesn’t happen then it might be time to dust the pitchforks off as we really needed a solid DM about 5 years ago - enough is enough.
I didn't dish anything out. I was saying we don't have a back up plan.

Stop terrorising me you monster.
Closed Thread