United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:13 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Think 7/10 is a stretch. Would snatch your hand off for some of those…

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:16 AM
Finport Red

He did ok last night. Wasn’t brilliant, but was certainly as good or better than anyone else in our attack, so that’s something I suppose.

Still think there’s a player in there, just needs a bit of confidence back.

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:18 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
He did ok last night. Wasn’t brilliant, but was certainly as good or better than anyone else in our attack, so that’s something I suppose.

Exactly (there is a player there btw)

Everyone wanted him drop
Manager drops him
Comes back in, plays well

"ZERO attacking threat..."

It's like listening to Scousers or really bad Wums...some people would have preferred us best lady night and him to have a stinker....

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:19 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red

Is confidence the problem? Or has he been figured out?

The Premier League is a much higher standard and his trick of trying to cut in on his left and score doesn't take too long to stop. I litereally don't see anything else in his arsenal.

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:22 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Exactly (there is a player there btw)

Everyone wanted him drop
Manager drops him
Comes back in, plays well

"ZERO attacking threat..."

It's like listening to Scousers or really bad Wums...some people would have preferred us best lady night and him to have a stinker....
Dude he didn’t play well. He just didn’t play bad. 5/10 - 6 if we’re being really generous.

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
Dude he didn’t play well. He just didn’t play bad. 5/10 - 6 if we’re being really generous.
Set up and involved in three clear cut chances in the first 20 minutes....

He was our biggest attacking threat and did his defensive dutysvtoo.

"dude"

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:26 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

He was our biggest attacking threat
World’s tallest dwarf cuz. We were cack going forwards. I think McTom was actually the biggest threat and he had 4 touches in their box.

I’m sticking at 5/10 bro.

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:33 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
Is confidence the problem? Or has he been figured out?

The Premier League is a much higher standard and his trick of trying to cut in on his left and score doesn't take too long to stop. I litereally don't see anything else in his arsenal.
That's the point. We can kid ourselves that he needs confidence, game time or whatever, but that's all nonsense. Doesn't mean he can't get better but he needs some serious coaching. That little cut inside just isn't going to erm, cut it against PL defenders. Too easy to read. It's the big difference between him and Garnacho.

He's generally good at the little passes and can be a tidy player but his lack of a right foot means if the left is blocked, he's too often turning out of trouble and playing the ball backwards. Very frustrating.

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:34 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post

He was our biggest attacking threat and did his defensive dutysvtoo.

"dude"
or missed a sitter and chose a horribly wrong pass in the first 20 mins.

he actually did better defensively.

dalot was our biggest attacking threat.

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post
Nice little appearance bonus for him. Good management.
Definitely a bit of psychologically in that

Get them on the stage without expectations. Crossing that white line when low in conf… not talking about @#%&!s like Pogba, Martial, Rashford etc

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Hyman_Roth

He was somewhere between ok and shit. If people are marking him as 7/10
for last night then we’re well and truly £#%&!ed as a club. He was at best average in another calamitous team performance. He disappeared entirely in the second half apart from chasing back a few times.

He’ll be out of the door as soon as anyone competent with actual eyes gets control of this squad.

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell View Post
Definitely a bit of psychologically in that

Get them on the stage without expectations. Crossing that white line when low in conf… not talking about @#%&!s like Pogba, Martial, Rashford etc
Don’t think any player gets a confidence boost from being brought on in the dying seconds.

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:52 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
Don’t think any player gets a confidence boost from being brought on in the dying seconds.
The 98th minute.

‘Go on Ant, get on there and give it to them…’

‘Phweeep’

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:54 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Manager best lady night
I can usually work the typos out but 'best lady' has done me.?

'Dude, cuz, bro' can go straight on ignore

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:57 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post

"Beat last night" *

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:58 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post

Harsh that laa…

Unread 29-02-2024, 12:14 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
He was somewhere between ok and shit. If people are marking him as 7/10
for last night then we’re well and truly £#%&!ed as a club. He was at best average in another calamitous team performance. He disappeared entirely in the second half apart from chasing back a few times.

He’ll be out of the door as soon as anyone competent with actual eyes gets control of this squad.
I was considering 7/10 to be average. Was trying to be nice to the lad. . My point being even when he apparently plays okay, it's nowhere near any standard we should be aiming for. Agree with the last line. No decent coach is going to settle for a one footed winger who struggles to put a shot on target even with his good foot. Not even those three 10-yard passes in one game are going to save him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
For me this is a stretch, and a very low bar at that. He was OK and hopefully a good platform for him to grow.

You could argue that he missed the target when he hit the bar, should have kept it down and we'd all probably be celebrating a goal.

If he can play a bit part role till the end of the season then great and we get a bit more money for him because from what I've seen he's not up to it. Its a shame because his effort supporting the full back is as good as I've seen, but that's not enough.
There's no argument. It was a miss.

Unread 29-02-2024, 12:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
There's no argument. It was a miss.
the bar was set too low. not his fault.

Unread 29-02-2024, 12:24 PM
Time For Heroes

4 attempted dribbles last night, 0 successful. He can't beat a man so he cuts inside, every, single, time. (or lays it off back to FB).

Unread 29-02-2024, 12:44 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes View Post
4 attempted dribbles last night, 0 successful. He can't beat a man so he cuts inside, every, single, time. (or lays it off back to FB).
Being too weak and slow to beat a full back is a real hinderance to being a winger in this profession.

Are the full backs all really slow and weak in the Eredivisie and Ten Hag didn't realise the difference?