United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-12-2023, 02:56 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
The manager hasn’t spent the money (and his watch is nowhere £#%&!ing near a billion). He requested players because he was asked who he wanted instead of having a functional football structure above him that would do these things. The fees paid were 100% the responsibility of the people above him. Even then the money that has been spent would have been totally inconsequential if it was the club’s money from the club’s turnover. Instead most purchases have been made with increased debt that has in turn placed increasing restriction on our ability to spend in line with FFP. This in turn leaves the manager not even getting the players he asked for and having to show-horn stop gaps into critical roles.

I’m far from excusing every aspect of our current position but there are a lot of mitigating factors. Very significant ones. Your tedious and blinkered charge toward anything that can be considered negative toward he manager, is an argument assembly akin to that of a 14 year old. Man, I have a lot of time for many of the points you make but this is getting silly now. Maybe go have a cry and a £#%&! or something. It may help.
The points you made there are totely bang-on & even Fergie would have been reduced to doing the same type of things & he could see what an impossible job it was gonna become & that is another reason why he called it a day when he did

Unread 22-12-2023, 04:20 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I subscribe to the athletic so read it when it dropped.

£#%&!ijg hell is amateur night at the Apollo at carrington.

but then again dunk and Co said we had a good team in place with my tough and fletcher when i was calling for director of football when ETH joined.
It goes back further pal. The Glazers said that they'd appoint a director of football when Ole arrived as caretaker. Ole should have remained as caretaker until the end of the season, an experienced DoF appointed who would then help advise on potential managers. Woodward and the Glazers saw cheap and shiny and didn't bother, which is why we're still in the same boat years down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Ferguson? What’s he got to do with anything?
He's on the board of directors and still an influence at the club. Jude would have been impressed more by him than a Woodward-enabled chancer.

Unread 11-02-2024, 09:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Gone from not looking like he’s going to get chances to looking like he can score every game. Starting to get those scruffy goals regularly now.

Unread 11-02-2024, 09:16 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Fast becoming my favourite player.

Not just top-notch ability, but his attitude and personality look exemplary.

Looks like he could be the complete centre-forward, as he scores all types of goals.

Unread 11-02-2024, 09:23 PM
Stickman

Loved his wumming of the crowd going off right in front of Luiz

Unread 11-02-2024, 09:24 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Fast becoming my favourite player.

Not just top-notch ability, but his attitude and personality look exemplary.

Looks like he could be the complete centre-forward, as he scores all types of goals.
He’s magnificent. Like you say it’s not just the ability, it’s the attitude and the desire. Never see him with his head down or giving less than 100%, and it’s paying off for him now.

Unread 11-02-2024, 09:25 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Was superb. Who was the idiot in the Villa coat screaming at him though?

Unread 11-02-2024, 11:32 PM
The taste of...

Stapleton headers and lay offs
Whiteside turns,
Ruud poaches
Sparky around the edge of the box

All for what, 70 million

Unread 11-02-2024, 11:34 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Was superb. Who was the idiot in the Villa coat screaming at him though?
Think it was Chris Sutton.

Unread 12-02-2024, 02:00 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Yeah and shushed them when scoring too

Unread 12-02-2024, 05:45 AM
shenwen

Evra called it: he's fearless.

Still not getting anywhere near the service he should. Will be fun once the rest of the team figure that out.

Unread 12-02-2024, 08:49 AM
MUFC One Love

He is going to be a very good player, he’s a complete forward.

He was unlucky when he came in with the injuries etc behind him. The team was poor and struggling to be fair.

I’d still get another striker this summer, have two for options.

Unread 12-02-2024, 08:52 AM
Offerington

Thought that this lad was supposed to be shite MArls?

Unread 12-02-2024, 08:56 AM
Ethers

Imagine if he could strike a football cleanly. Could have as many goals as Broja.

Unread 12-02-2024, 09:17 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Imagine if he could strike a football cleanly. Could have as many goals as Broja.

Unread 12-02-2024, 08:53 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington View Post
Thought that this lad was supposed to be shite MArls?
I don’t think he is is great or exceptional but he is getting a decent amount of goals.
he isn’t setting the place on fire or a late entry for young player of the year. He is just scoring goals.

I know under ETH we haven’t had strikers that score goals so to you lot he is the best thing ever.

but I’ll reserve my judgment until it’s consistent and really impressive.

if he slaps on 20 all comps then yeah we have a beast here.

Didn’t you learn from gassing up rashford.

Unread 12-02-2024, 08:56 PM
larry

saying he might go the same way as rashford (who has always been shit) just proves what a stupid @#%&! you are

Unread 12-02-2024, 09:18 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
I don’t think he is is great or exceptional but he is getting a decent amount of goals.
he isn’t setting the place on fire or a late entry for young player of the year. He is just scoring goals.

I know under ETH we haven’t had strikers that score goals so to you lot he is the best thing ever.

Unread 12-02-2024, 09:48 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Unread 12-02-2024, 09:56 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote: