United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 16-04-2024, 11:27 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of... View Post
This… well in Nedward

I can’t stop laughing at the posts that moan on and on that Manchester United FC struggle against Bournemouth or Brighton….clubs that have had a philosophy and buying strategy for years….. that new coaches walk into and run with, squads that are physically suited to PL demands with players that aren’t laughingly brushed off the ball and out of possession
e

Brighton 10th
Bournemouth 13th

Unread 16-04-2024, 11:30 AM
atticusgrinch

He could and should have been sacked 10 times over the bald @#%&!.

Having said that, i don't hate him, and am sort of numb to the repeated shit performances and results now, so he might as well carry on into next season. It's not like we could get much worse.

Unread 16-04-2024, 11:32 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

3 cup finals in 7months is good going tbf.

Manipulates time and space like Dr Who this fella…

We’ve had every CB from the 18yr olds to the 35 yr olds turned inside out mate. And the lbs and the rbs .

At the other end we’re awful. Less goals than wolves or some shite. We were bad for the start of last season and awful for the end of it and all of this. At what point does he shoulder the responsibility for that?

Yes he won the league cup and got us to the cup final. But that’s not enough to keep us moving forwards given the amount of shit in the negative pile. I wanted him to do it I promise you. I was still LVG in even at the end because even though the football was bad I could see what he was trying to do and still believed it would click.

Im not sure I have any idea what Erik is trying to do. I don’t believe Martinez coming back gets us challenging for the league or to the semis of the CL. Even if we bought belinghsm and mpabbe I wouldn’t feel confident that Erik would get us up there. I don’t feel confident in him buying or selecting players. I don’t feel confident in him getting the best out of them tactically, physically or mentally.

So for those reasons I think it’s best he goes.

Unread 16-04-2024, 11:37 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic

Unread 16-04-2024, 11:42 AM
suedeshoes

3 cup finals?

Unread 16-04-2024, 11:44 AM
magic_cantona

Thing is, I'll be £#%&!ing delighted if he succeeds and makes me look like a @#%&!. I just can't see it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Efficiency, turnover, profitability. Streamlining the whole ongoing enterprise..
You're not looking at the whole pie, Zorg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post

Brighton 10th
Bournemouth 13th
This is Moyes-esque "we aspire to be....." talk.

(Not you, obvs)

Unread 16-04-2024, 11:58 AM
Stickman

Quote:

Brighton 10th
Bournemouth 13th
Absolutely cooked

When you can no longer defend him, just wing it.

I wonder what ETH could achieve with the Bournemouth squad….
Down.

Unread 16-04-2024, 12:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post

We'd been to two when magic posted his predictions....

Fully behind the manager, finishing second in the league, going another cup final, hoping injuries held off...

7 months later him and the other outers are done .

Fickle ? Spoilt ? Influenced ? Who knows..

Unread 16-04-2024, 01:01 PM
shenwen

Quote:

Brighton 10th
Bournemouth 13th
We are now re-entering the twilight zone where people will say anything to justify their bad take. I recall Dunk arguing at the end of Ole's tenure that Watford had a better squad than we did. Watford

It'll get worse.

Unread 16-04-2024, 01:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Here are a selection of 'outers' currently posting poisonous abuse of our silverware winning manager...

The fickle crew.

Spoilt and mind £#%&!ed by Abu narratives.

Quote:
. Finishing position - 3rd
Champions League exit / finish - 1/4 finals
Highest scorer - Rashford
Best signing - Onana
Biggest first team flop - Mount
Carling cup - 1/4's
Fa cup - winners
Shock of the season - Sancho reborn, double figures for goals & assists in the PL

Quote:
Finishing position - 2nd
Champions League exit / finish - Semi
Best signing - Onana
Biggest first team flop - Antony
Carling cup - Win
Fa cup - Win
Shock of the season - our CL run
Quote:
Finishing position: 2
Champions League exit / finish WINNERS
Highest scorer HOJLUND
Best signing HOJLUND
Biggest first team flop N/A
Carling cup WHO CARES?
Fa cup WHO CARES?
Quote:
Finishing position 3rd
Champions League exit / finish last 16
Highest scorer Rashford
Best signing - mount
Biggest first team flop - anthony again
Carling cup - winners
Fa cup - semis
Quote:
Finishing position - 3rd
Champions League exit / finish - 1/4’rs
Highest scorer - Holjund
Best signing - Holjund
Biggest first team flop - Antony
Carling cup - Quarters
Fa cup - semis
Shock of the season - sancho
Quote:
position - champions
Champions League exit / finish - quarters
Best signing - Onana
Biggest first team flop - Anthony
Carling cup - winners
Fa cup - runners up
Quote:
Finishing position: 2nd, single digits off first
Quote:
finishing position - top 4, winners with amrabat
Quote:
Finishing position - 1st
7 months they gave him, 7 months ...

66 injuries and 35 back fours later.....

Sub human scum....

Welcome to potter and Southgate....

Unread 16-04-2024, 01:13 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Here are a selection of 'outers' currently posting poisonous abuse of our silverware winning manager...

The fickle crew.

Spoilt and mind £#%&!ed by Abu narratives.

7 months they gave him, 7 months ...

66 injuries and 35 back fours later.....

Sub human scum....

Welcome to potter and Southgate....

Mate, I'm still waiting for reasons that his football has been scintillating and all you've produced is a 0-0 at Anfield....

Come on Bunks, reasons that our football has actually been good and we'd be crazy to get rid:

Unread 16-04-2024, 01:16 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Mate, I'm still waiting for reasons that his football has been scintillating and all you've produced is a 0-0 at Anfield....

Come on Bunks, reasons that our football has actually been good and we'd be crazy to get rid:
Can you read or are you just ignoring what I said kn.purpose ?

The football at times this year has been vile, he's not above calling out on this, we are though a game away from another cup final and our league position represents our horrific injury crisis....

There's been enjoyable games and good results this season though..

Id rather give a proven winner longer than 7 months, you and MANY others wouldn't.....

It was all sunshine and lollipops just 7 months ago....

Unread 16-04-2024, 01:16 PM
Hyman_Roth

I just can’t fathom what he’s trying to do in terms of set up and style of play. It seems he’s happy for all teams, no matter how shit, to utterly dominate possession and have as many shots against us as possible. We therefore play on the break but play inverted wingers who naturally have to cut back and slow any break down. The other thing we seem to do is to try and capitalise on opposition mistakes - mistakes made primarily because opposition team’s are so disarmed by the amount of openess afforded to them.

It’s a proper confused mess and that’s evident in watching it and I’d suggest for the players in playing it. Every one of them looks utterly dejected and it’s amongst the worst football I’ve ever seen United play but also that I’ve seen anyone play.

I had to pinch myself against Brentford that I hadn’t switched on a Brentford v Tranmere cup tie or something.

It’s absolutely abysmal and the quality can in no way be explained by injuries alone.

I say we might aswell £#%&! him off now. Whatever he’s trying to do (be great if someone can explain) it’s really not working.

Unread 16-04-2024, 01:27 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
I just can’t fathom what he’s trying to do in terms of set up and style of play. It seems he’s happy for all teams, no matter how shit, to utterly dominate possession and have as many shots against us as possible. We therefore play on the break but play inverted wingers who naturally have to cut back and slow any break down. The other thing we seem to do is to try and capitalise on opposition mistakes - mistakes made primarily because opposition team’s are so disarmed by the amount of openess afforded to them.

It’s a proper confused mess and that’s evident in watching it and I’d suggest for the players in playing it. Every one of them looks utterly dejected and it’s amongst the worst football I’ve ever seen United play but also that I’ve seen anyone play.

I had to pinch myself against Brentford that I hadn’t switched on a Brentford v Tranmere cup tie or something.

It’s absolutely abysmal and the quality can in no way be explained by injuries alone.

I say we might aswell £#%&! him off now. Whatever he’s trying to do (be great if someone can explain) it’s really not working.
unfortunately for me, if we say 'oh great, the player side is taken off him and he can concentrate on coaching'.... is that we look terribly coached.

Unread 16-04-2024, 01:38 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
unfortunately for me, if we say 'oh great, the player side is taken off him and he can concentrate on coaching'.... is that we look terribly coached.
Tbh, all he has to do is make some small adjustments, recognise that this plan isn’t quite working and tweak it and if necessary, return to it when everyone understands it. I could live with that. But no, he just bangs away with the same old shit every game and the same old shit happens every game. Mental.

If he wins the cup then I’d be happy for him to stay next season no problem. I don’t think there’s a person alive that thinks we’ll beat city and there’s a very good chance we bomb out on Sunday.

Over to you Erik.

Unread 16-04-2024, 01:39 PM
Hank Scorpio

Still waiting for the bounce now that we're only playing one game a week.
The more time he has with his coaching the worse the team is playing.
2 months out of 18 the team has played reasonably well since he came in and that run ended 14 months ago. Even having 567 injuries doesn't excuse that.

Unread 16-04-2024, 01:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
But there’s a very good chance we bomb out on Sunday.

Coventry are 5/1 go and make yourself some money then....

Unread 16-04-2024, 01:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Sub human scum....
seems reasonable.

Unread 16-04-2024, 01:48 PM
Chris Quayd

Out of interest for those who say we haven't given any of the post-fergie managers enough time, is there any way to determine whether they are doing a good job or if they have what it takes other than giving them 26 years in the job?

Unread 16-04-2024, 01:52 PM
believe

Beat Coventry on Sunday = ten hag is king
Lose to Coventry on Sunday = 95 injuries!!