United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-06-2020, 09:03 AM
AK14

Unread 26-06-2020, 09:21 AM
Jethro

Sadly I live in sight of Liverpool. Few fireworks and chants that was it.

Thank £#%&! for the virus.

Unread 26-06-2020, 09:25 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Sadly I live in sight of Liverpool. Few fireworks and chants that was it.

Thank f*** for the virus.
Same here. A couple of ****y little garden fireworks and a cheer from the bloke upstairs - who seemingly became a massive Liverpool fan in the last 17 hours - but that's about it.

Unread 26-06-2020, 09:28 AM
Jethro

£#%&!ing hell

Unread 26-06-2020, 09:33 AM
NedKelly

There must be a part of them that is quietly seething that no one really cares. I’m sure it’s why they were trying so hard to be obnoxious last night. They’re trying to make it special but this is the year of Covid; no one is going to remember or care about who won the PL ffs.

Unread 26-06-2020, 09:54 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
There must be a part of them that is quietly seething that no one really cares. I’m sure it’s why they were trying so hard to be obnoxious last night. They’re trying to make it special but this is the year of Covid; no one is going to remember or care about who won the PL ffs.
It's exactly that mate.

You'd still be pleased, of course, but there's not even an acknowledgement of the situation. They're all just pretending it's like any other time so it doesn't diminish their achievement.

The commentator in our game the other day said immediately as Martial got his hat trick

"It's just a shame nobody is here to see it"

Which is the right reaction. They'll say it for something fairly trivial for something like a hat trick.... but it's the overwhelming feeling surrounding football now.

It's just not the same.

There's even banners inside the empty stadiums saying football is nothing without the fans

Not even a suggestion of 'it's not how we would have wanted to win it, but...'.

It really is the * season.

Unread 26-06-2020, 09:59 AM
MUFC One Love

No way will Liverpool have a run next season like they have this season. It's unbelievable really.

City are still the best side but their defence has cost them. Be interesting to see what happens with them, Guardiola won't be there for much longer and they have this possible ban which have an effect.

United are going the right way but it is essential we carry on making good signings, good types of signings. I'm not convinced top 4 is as big as people make out. Yes it would be nice to see us in the CL but unless they carry on building properly it's pointless. United can still sign the players they want without CL football next season. Maybe Sancho won't join but there are plenty of players out there who would fit the criteria. United need to scout well and keep looking at the type of players they want. If they qualify for the CL and then settle on it and don't buy properly it'll be pointless. I'd rather see us have another year out of it as long as we keep building this side.

Ole is changing the mentality at O.T which is vital. Just another couple of good signings to this side will see it go up another level.

Unread 26-06-2020, 10:12 AM
Switching Off

Thousands outside Anfield last night. The Beeb treading very lightly

Next game is at city so the @#%&!s will all travel too.

Unread 26-06-2020, 10:14 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Thousands outside Anfield last night. The Beeb treading very lightly

Next game is at city so the @#%&!s will all travel too.
Think it’s at a neutral venue

I’d suggest hillsborough

Whatever.....city will have to give the bastards a guard of honour

Imagine that

Unread 26-06-2020, 10:34 AM
dunk

Anyone mentioning the dippers winning the league has been unfollowed on twitter and Instagram. Been quite cathartic tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Think it’s at a neutral venue

I’d suggest hillsborough

Whatever.....city will have to give the bastards a guard of honour

Imagine that
Nope, it’s at the etihad

Unread 26-06-2020, 10:41 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Anyone mentioning the dippers winning the league has been unfollowed on twitter and Instagram. Been quite cathartic tbh

Nope, it’s at the etihad
Oh has it been confirmed?

In that case, I hope the scousers travel in numbers and the upstanding, lovable youth of east manchester welcome them with open arms

Unread 26-06-2020, 10:42 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Oh has it been confirmed?

In that case, I hope the scousers travel in numbers and the upstanding, lovable youth of east manchester welcome them with open arms
What's it like round there now?

I lived there in 2008 as a student.

It was lively....

Like going back in time.

Unread 26-06-2020, 10:47 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Yep

They’ve finally ended the wait and no one gives a £#%&!, it’s all irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Imagine what it would have been like if it wasn’t for covid

Unread 26-06-2020, 10:52 AM
ZiggyStardust

Anfield looking like the shithole it usually is this morning

Unread 26-06-2020, 10:55 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

https://www.twitter.com/TheWayISeeLp...86122822758400
Bin dippers gunna bin dip.

Unread 26-06-2020, 11:01 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

https://www.twitter.com/TheWayISeeLp...86122822758400
look at last night - they're like naughty, indulged kids.

most other fans would have got it in the neck for that.

Unread 26-06-2020, 11:03 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
look at last night - they're like naughty, indulged kids.

most other fans would have got it in the neck for that.
They look in the dustbin for something to eat
Then empty the contents all over the street
In their Liverpool slums

Unread 26-06-2020, 11:35 AM
atticusgrinch

If there's a huge spike in covid in the Liverpool area, I wonder who they'll blame the resultant deaths on?

Unread 26-06-2020, 11:49 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
If there's a huge spike in covid in the Liverpool area, I wonder who they'll blame the resultant deaths on?
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51884262

it wuz chelsea...

Unread 26-06-2020, 11:49 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Chelsea beat city meaning they won it last night so I guess it’ll be their fault...
Closed Thread