Klopp and Henderson in tears

Unread 25-06-2020, 11:14 PM
Jack Duckworth

we'll finish above liverpool next season. @ me

Unread 25-06-2020, 11:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Who's going to stop them next season then? They are miles better than everyone, those blue shits included.
There is the Dortmund precedent as far as Klopp is concerned

Unread 25-06-2020, 11:16 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Yep, they'll sign a Veron imo.

Unread 25-06-2020, 11:18 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
All of them in tears confirms this imo. Their mountain has been climbed.

Unread 25-06-2020, 11:27 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Klopp and Henderson in tears
Not watching but doesnt surprise me. As said, this is the culmination of a two year "journey". After last season going so close, the EC win gave them the confidence to go again, but they really have been full pelt. The city game isnt a barometer, but they could lose a few after that. They've no depth and no incoming signings. You cant keep flogging players like that.

Unread 25-06-2020, 11:36 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
How do you snooze facebook for 6 months?
Just log out, I have.

Unread 25-06-2020, 11:43 PM
Pop

They've won their made-up Alternative Par League too.

FOREVER in their shadow

Unread 25-06-2020, 11:45 PM
Neo

Football

If this Liverpool side is the barometer for success domestically, then I'm very optimistic about how United are developing. If Pogba and Bruno can really start to boss games for us, then our midfield looks extremely strong, and our attacking options in Rashford, Martial and Greenwood have plenty of goals in them, and are years from their prime.

This Liverpool side will remain competing for titles for a few seasons, given they do genuinely have a smattering of top-class players in Van Dijk, Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, and that front-three, but United's trajectory is moving sharply upwards, and a couple of more good quality transfer windows, and I can see us drawing aside, if not overtaking these @#%&!s.

City will surely be on a decline once Pep chucks in the towel, especially if they get banned from Europe, so if United can time things right, we could be top dogs again sooner than most think. Ole has been £#%&!ing brilliant for us.

Chelsea seem to be going through a pretty smart rebuild, too, though...

Unread 25-06-2020, 11:52 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
If this Liverpool side is the barometer for success domestically, then I'm very optimistic about how United are developing. If Pogba and Bruno can really start to boss games for us, then our midfield looks extremely strong, and our attacking options in Rashford, Martial and Greenwood have plenty of goals in them, and are years from their prime.

This Liverpool side will remain competing for titles for a few seasons, given they do genuinely have a smattering of top-class players in Van Dijk, Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, and that front-three, but United's trajectory is moving sharply upwards, and a couple of more good quality transfer windows, and I can see us drawing aside, if not overtaking these @#%&!s.

City will surely be on a decline once Pep chucks in the towel, especially if they get banned from Europe, so if United can time things right, we could be top dogs again sooner than most think. Ole has been £#%&!ing brilliant for us.

Chelsea seem to be going through a pretty smart rebuild, too, though...
I'm happy with the team, but bossing games is one thing, winning 34/35 games is another, and that's what you would have had to do the past couple of seasons.

Pep £#%&!ed up not replacing Kompany but they're still the best side in the league for me, and he'll correct that this summer. Liverpool have just been relentless, and City dropped points when they shouldnt have.

We still look beatable far more often than those two, and for me it's less getting the top attacking players into a groove, but making sure we win when it doesnt click.

Unread 26-06-2020, 12:01 AM
dunk

I don’t ever see United winning 35 games in a season tbh.

Unread 26-06-2020, 12:08 AM
Stickman

Can see us going head to head at 20-20* for 21.

Anyway, not nearly as upsetting as this could have been and doesn’t even register compared to 2012 so onwards and upwards.

Unread 26-06-2020, 12:08 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
the numbers being posted up by title winning teams in the last 3 season have been £#%&!ing insane. 100+ points 100+ goals.

We're so far from reaching that standard. But then we seem to be constantly cleaning up one manager's mess after the other's.

What is most important is that we have a manager in place for 3+ years. Let's not forget that klopp has been at liverpool for 5 years. Not that long since they were taking bows in front of the Kop for drawing with west brom.

Secondly, we have to make Old Trafford a horrible place to come for these mid-table and minnow teams again. That means we have to start giving teams proper beatings at home.

The constant never-ending circus of negativity around the place became a self fulfilling prophecy and we just lurched from one crisis to the next. What so important is that we establish the order of things again from the Ownership, to the management, to the players. Get our house in order and get a team that represents our values as a club again on the pitch.

Basically, what i'm saying is that Manchester United have to rediscover who they are again. I think we're on the right track.

Unread 26-06-2020, 12:13 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
the numbers being posted up by title winning teams in the last 3 season have been f***ing insane. 100+ points 100+ goals.

We're so far from reaching that standard. But then we seem to be constantly cleaning up one manager's mess after the other's.

What is most important is that we have a manager in place for 3+ years. Let's not forget that klopp has been at liverpool for 5 years. Not that long since they were taking bows in front of the Kop for drawing with west brom.

Secondly, we have to make Old Trafford a horrible place to come for these mid-table and minnow teams again. That means we have to start giving teams proper beatings at home.

The constant never-ending circus of negativity around the place became a self fulfilling prophecy and we just lurched from one crisis to the next. What so important is that we establish the order of things again from the Ownership, to the management, to the players. Get our house in order and get a team that represents our values as a club again on the pitch.

Basically, what i'm saying is that Manchester United have to rediscover who they are again. I think we're on the right track.
Post.

Im quietly optimistic Ole is steering things firmly in the right direction now. I will happily admit I was wrong if he continues the upward trajectory.

Unread 26-06-2020, 12:23 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Has anybody?

(Liverpool actually will if they win the rest of their games, but surely they will take their foot off the pedal just a bit now)

Unread 26-06-2020, 01:07 AM
Sparky***

Kind of ironic that the one time they actually catch Fernandinho cheating is the one time we don't want them to

Unread 26-06-2020, 07:30 AM
Dr Stranger

Liverpool are comfortably the best team right now.

But we said the same of City when they got their 100 points. We finished above Liverpool that year.

Point is, it can all change very quickly.

Next season will be very different IMO. Retaining it, dealing with being champs, a bit of adversity getting thrown at them and we'll see how good they really are.

City were never as good as the hype had you believe and it was quickly proven. The champions league this season has shown that you can actually beat this liverpool side if you don't just fold. City levelled out over a 2-3 period. We'll see about Liverpool in the next year or too. Great teams don't just do one season. If they do it again next year, then fair enough.

The rest of the league, not just us, has got to take some responsibility and stop being utter shitbags.

They've won it, they deserve to and it's been building for them.

I'll take a empty-stadium 2am with the lights coming up job than a Gerrard-inspired fluke any day of the week.

Unread 26-06-2020, 07:34 AM
Patty_b

It's happened now, sort of glad it's over. Let then celebrate like no-one has won the Premier League before for a few months and then it's back to it.

Now it's an opportunity to take the title away from them.

Unread 26-06-2020, 07:37 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
It's happened now, sort of glad it's over. Let then celebrate like no-one has won the Premier League before for a few months and then it's back to it.

Now it's an opportunity to take the title away from them.
They really are too

I've had a couple of messages today in the 'this is what a title looks like' mould. Most of them too young to even register their last one.

You know my team won 13 in the last 25 years?

Like some 40 year old virgin bragging to his mates about his first £#%&!.
Closed Thread