United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-12-2018, 11:03 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
the club should have lined up our next manager and have him in place straight away.
sacking Mourinho can't have been an unexpected knee jerk decision...

what happens if the new manager takes a totally different approach to ole, then we waste another season . what happens with player recruitment in regards to January and next season?

we aren't some Sunday league outfit like billericay fc who can just hire a 'caretaker' for six months.....

plus its an inexperienced manager who hasn't never managed a club of this magnitude... its like if the scouser hired Gerrard or if arsenal put tony Adams in charge....
its sounds romantic but it just shows how £#%&!ed up things upstairs at the club.
Cardiff sacked the guy last year for not being good enough in both the premiership and the championship...yet somehow he is what Manchester United need.... seriously......
If there's a guy who we really want, a clear number 1 target, who isn't available now but has indicated he would be open to a move in the summer- then this is the right thing to do. Mourinho couldn't have stayed for the season. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this.

Unread 19-12-2018, 11:06 AM
Lok

Quote:
plus its an inexperienced manager who hasn't never managed a club of this magnitude... its like if the scouser hired Gerrard or if arsenal put tony Adams in charge....
its sounds romantic but it just shows how £#%&!ed up things upstairs at the club.
Cardiff sacked the guy last year for not being good enough in both the premiership and the championship...yet somehow he is what Manchester United need.... seriously......
Or Barcelona hiring Guardiola.

Or Madrid hiring Zidane.

Or Milan hiring Ancelotti.

It's 6 months. The season is already a write off, we'll probably sign nobody in January but who cares? If I can see we're making long term decisions for the good of the club, I'm happy. Mourinho was short term and a lazy appointment. Hopefully the club have learnt from that and are going to do things properly.

Unread 19-12-2018, 11:07 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
the club should have lined up our next manager and have him in place straight away.

what happens if the new manager takes a totally different approach to ole, then we waste another season . what happens with player recruitment in regards to January and next season?

we aren't some Sunday league outfit like billericay fc who can just hire a 'caretaker' for six months.....

Or it's as if Madrid hired Zidane, or Barca hired Guardiola, or Ajax hired Van Gaal, or Milan hired Sacchi. edit - cheers Lok

We've spent the last five years being managed by two of the greatest and most experienced managers in history. Try something new.

Unread 19-12-2018, 11:11 AM
Clownbones

Quote:

The reality is that we ARE £#%&!ed up.

This is nobody's ideal situation. This is a reaction to situation that needed to end.

They should have someone lined up? Ok, unless it's Zidane or Jardim, it's someone already in a role. Getting someone mid-season is unlikely to happen. So I'd rather we took the hit on this season now and took our time to get the next full time appointment right.

We've lost the last six years with knee jerk reactive appointments. This buys us some time. The price is half of an already dead season.

I'll be surprised if we sign anyone of note in January so any new full time manager will be receiving this squad.

He's not been hired on the strength of what he did at Cardiff or Molde. That isn't the point. He's been hired for who he is and how he goes about things. And for a six month term during a dead season.

And for anyone doubting it's dead. There isn't a manager in the world who would get us the CL or fourth. Both are done.

Unread 19-12-2018, 11:12 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Damn £#%&!ing right.

We haven't been interesting for 3 years. Jose was a desperate appointment in the hope he'd change. Despite some tangible successes, we have been a chore to watch.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been entirely turned off this season to the point I can barely summon the will to watch us, with defeats piling up and I barely even care.

We have PSG in the champions league. With Jose, would anybody look forward to that? As we start with 8 at the back and The Scottish Player up front?

We're painful and joyless.

Entirely un-interesting. Everyone looks pissed off and doesn't look forward to games

Under Jose, we would achieve nothing and want to kill ourselves. Under Ole, we'll still achieve nothing but I'd rather watch him try.

I'm looking forward to Saturday. I'm excited at the prospect of someone like Solskjaer, who loves this club, leading us out at Old Trafford against PSG.

It's interesting. It's bold and someone there who actually £#%&!ing cares. I want to see what he does. What style he adopts.

The season is dead and it doesn't really matter how it turns out.

I will take that all day long. Meanwhile, fingers crossed that the club is taking their time to finally do things properly 're a new boss.

A big question mark has been whether it's the players fault or the manager's fault.

This will go a long way to helping us find a lot of these players out.

They're auditioning for their future
would you like some onion with this :sage: ?

Unread 19-12-2018, 11:35 AM
Buck

Quote:

Unread 19-12-2018, 11:36 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
We should all save that gif now.

Unread 19-12-2018, 11:44 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Or Barcelona hiring Guardiola.

Or Madrid hiring Zidane.

Or Milan hiring Ancelotti.

It's 6 months. The season is already a write off, we'll probably sign nobody in January but who cares? If I can see we're making long term decisions for the good of the club, I'm happy. Mourinho was short term and a lazy appointment. Hopefully the club have learnt from that and are going to do things properly.
Bang on.

Finally it sounds like the club are actually restructuring things.

Unread 19-12-2018, 11:49 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
£#%&! me Nobody is expecting long term success under Ole, it's a temporary solution to give us time to get the right full time man hired in the summer. You're not grasping what this next 6 months are about are you?
He’s an Instagram @#%&! isn’t he?

Not really a surprise that he’s unable to look any deeper than the superficial face of the appointment.

Unread 19-12-2018, 11:54 AM
AK14

Perhaps he’ll move into the sporting director role at the end of the six months?

Unread 19-12-2018, 11:56 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
He’s an Instagram @#%&! isn’t he?
Harsh on draggers etc.

Unread 19-12-2018, 11:56 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Or it's as if Madrid hired Zidane, or Barca hired Guardiola, or Ajax hired Van Gaal, or Milan hired Sacchi. edit - cheers Lok

We've spent the last five years being managed by two of the greatest and most experienced managers in history. Try something new.
The most important thing right now is not bringing in a tactical genius or someone with a glittering, trophy laden CV....

Manchester United's major problem this season has been a major lack of belief, enthusiasm and any sort of confidence. Let's not forget, we still have some absolutely top top players.

What's needed is someone to come in and lift the place in the short term and most importantly someone who would never ever put himself before the club and be an example to those in the dressing room. The antics have to stop, the constantly negative headlines have to stop and the constant leaks from within the club have to stop.

Solskjaer will instantly have the backing of everyone at the club. There won't be any 'bedding in' or 'getting to know'. Everyone from the car park security to the tea ladies will know him and he's a club icon.

In short...

YOU ARE MY SOLSKJAER

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:00 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The most important thing right now is not bringing in a tactical genius or someone with a glittering, trophy laden CV....

Manchester United's major problem this season has been a major lack of belief, enthusiasm and any sort of confidence. Let's not forget, we still have some absolutely top top players.

What's needed is someone to come in and lift the place in the short term and most importantly someone who would never ever put himself before the club and be an example to those in the dressing room. The antics have to stop, the constantly negative headlines have to stop and the constant leaks from within the club have to stop.

Solskjaer will instantly have the backing of everyone at the club. There won't be any 'bedding in' or 'getting to know'. Everyone from the car park security to the tea ladies will know him and he's a club icon.

In short...

YOU ARE MY SOLSKJAER
Post.

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:00 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

In short...

YOU ARE MY SOLSKJAER
£#%&!ing YES, Sparky!

Buzzing tbh

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:01 PM
AK14

Pressure now on the players to pull their fingers out

Things go wrong and it won’t be Solskjaer taking a load of shit it’ll be the players.

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:02 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:

In short...

YOU ARE MY SOLSKJAER

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:02 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

In short...

YOU ARE MY SOLSKJAER

Genuinely excited for this short spell. Feels like a weight lifted.

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:08 PM
Vedder

Quote:

In short...

YOU ARE MY SOLSKJAER
Oh my

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:10 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Perhaps he’ll move into the sporting director role at the end of the six months?
Confirmed by Molde that he's been lent to us & he's due back in May.

As an aside, the CL final is June 1st I believe, the £#%&!ing cheek of Molde to not think of Ole leading us out there ffs

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:19 PM
dunk

It's not often managers go out on loan
Closed Thread