United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:36 PM
Hyman_Roth

I’ve gone more out than in after tonight. No end to the shite football. Absolute dog shit.

Sunday. Christ on a bike - and the scouse at OT in the FA Cup doesn’t bear thinking about.

Someone make it stop.

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:41 PM
red in cumbria

Next weekend could surprise, just like Anfield did before Xmas. Probably not I know, but we can dream

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:53 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
Next weekend could surprise, just like Anfield did before Xmas. Probably not I know, but we can dream
It would be a surprise if we kept it under 4 tbf

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:55 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
what’s our likely back four?

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:56 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
hopeless

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:57 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado View Post
hopeless
He’s injured.

Unread 29-02-2024, 12:01 AM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
He’s injured.
so a back 3? Hope, no hope and Bob Hope?

Unread 29-02-2024, 12:11 AM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
for me, a warm-down means you start from a warm state. You've just done a load of exercise and are physically warm.
That's what we used to call a warm down at junior level alright. But it's not what the pros call a warm down 👌

Unread 29-02-2024, 12:21 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heathen View Post
That's what we used to call a warm down at junior level alright. But it's not what the pros call a warm down 👌
hence all our recent league successes.

it's like how they they call 4th a success now.

A warm-down is a specific thing that you do immediately after a hard activity, not the next day.

Unread 29-02-2024, 12:26 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
Shit@#%&!, shit@#%&!, shit@#%&! and shit@#%&!?

Unread 17-03-2024, 07:16 PM
marlo

thread suspended until Tuesday!

Unread 17-03-2024, 07:17 PM
Finport Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post

Unread 17-03-2024, 07:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
Who are we playing then?

Unread 17-03-2024, 07:37 PM
est.1878

Have we ever seen him in the same room as Tim Booth?

Unread 17-03-2024, 07:38 PM
Bunker Buster

Our the contract down Infront of him Jim TONIGHT

Unread 17-03-2024, 08:22 PM
lenin

Erik in the club suit today, then pulling that result out of the inner pocket. that’ll do me

Unread 17-03-2024, 08:34 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
the scouse at OT in the FA Cup doesn’t bear thinking about.
Football eh? Bloody hell.

Unread 18-03-2024, 02:59 AM
Chris Quayd

Not particularly arsed if we lose our remaining league games 6-0, if we win the FA Cup I'd give him another season. If we do it by beating city in the final I'd be ok with Erik handling our summer recruitment

Unread 18-03-2024, 10:28 AM
Dr Stranger

Deserves a lot of credit for yesterday

Some of them were out on their feet after 35 minutes. Hojlund and AWB were clearly not fit IMO and were never lasting the full 90

He made changes to win it in normal time and that got us level. We then had to adapt again for 30 minutes of extra time. He took some massive risks with Bruno deep and Antony at LB, but it gave us a route to win. It was chaotic and it could have gone either way, but it worked

He gets stick for not doing enough, not trying to impact games when it’s not going well, not being pragmatic. That can’t be levelled at him yesterday. He did some weird and pragmatic stuff to give us a platform to win. It was bold and it worked.

Credit where it’s due.

Unread 18-03-2024, 05:09 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Deserves a lot of credit for yesterday

Some of them were out on their feet after 35 minutes. Hojlund and AWB were clearly not fit IMO and were never lasting the full 90

He made changes to win it in normal time and that got us level. We then had to adapt again for 30 minutes of extra time. He took some massive risks with Bruno deep and Antony at LB, but it gave us a route to win. It was chaotic and it could have gone either way, but it worked

He gets stick for not doing enough, not trying to impact games when it’s not going well, not being pragmatic. That can’t be levelled at him yesterday. He did some weird and pragmatic stuff to give us a platform to win. It was bold and it worked.

Credit where it’s due.
Yeah despite being on the out train I will give him the credit he deserves for that result yesterday