out 17 17.35%
in 81 82.65%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
From what (little) I've seen he covers a lot of ground and Butt has compared to Keane, but I'm definitely no expert in the U23's. If only we'd bought ourselves a Kanté...
He’s always played CAM or as part of a front 3 when I’ve seen him tbf.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:20 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Leicester’s main challengers were Spurs. The league was in a state.

The rest of the post is %@#$&!s tbh.
More excuses and if you say something is %@#$&!s.. back it up (like I just did).

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:20 AM
BarryX

Quote:
He’s always played CAM or as part of a front 3 when I’ve seen him tbf.
Bring in Keane to convert the frizzly-haired £#%&!

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:21 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
More excuses and if you say something is %@#$&!s.. back it up (like I just did).
You didn’t back anything up. You spouted %@#$&!s. I debunked it in a sentence.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:25 AM
est.1878

Would like to see a season where we don't have a manager at all

Dof does signings

Captain does subs

Fred poll sorts the formation night before game

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:25 AM
The taste of...

Ole in

Back room out

A yard dog Rangers center forward was never a tactical genius
He just had the right people around him

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:26 AM
MagnificentSeven

we're top of the league and we've got ronaldo. more positives than negatives so far this season imo.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:26 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
You didn’t back anything up. You spouted %@#$&!s. I debunked it in a sentence.
I gave you a fairly recent example of experience and squad depth meaning very little.

They won the league with good attacking players that still perform in the league so I don’t think “the league is a state” debunks anything.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:28 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Did Leicester have tons of experience and squad depth when they won it? No. Did they have a better squad than we do now? Did they have the same resources as United? Also no.

What a load of utter shite

5000-1 outsiders in a freak season. They did well to win it and they've recruited unbelievably well, but it was a one off.

Using your logic the only thing standing between Norwich and winning the league with their current squad is the right manager

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:29 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
we're top of the league and we've got ronaldo. more positives than negatives so far this season imo.
I think bigger concern is that he’s going to £#%&! up our chances of winning the league by January and end up in the Europa again, not that we’re top of the league after 4 games tbf.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
I gave you a fairly recent example of experience and squad depth meaning very little.

They won the league with good attacking players that still perform in the league so I don’t think “the league is a state” debunks anything.
They didn’t have any challengers. The very thing I cited as United’s problem, the current champions and current European Champions. That’s the point. That’s why you were debunked. Leicester won it when United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool and even Arsenal were in major flux having recently appointed new managers and were in the process of huge squad upheaval. It was a freak.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:32 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
I'm on with that but the tactical shortcomings are becoming glaringly obvious and I don't think anyone will be overly surprised if we ended the season scraping a top 4 and no silverware.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:34 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
I'm on with that but the tactical shortcomings are becoming glaringly obvious and I don't think anyone will be overly surprised if we ended the season scraping a top 4 and no silverware.
Think that's the scenario when we should be having this debate (worst case), not now, so early into his third full season.

ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
What a load of utter shite

5000-1 outsiders in a freak season. They did well to win it and they've recruited unbelievably well, but it was a one off.

Using your logic the only thing standing between Norwich and winning the league with their current squad is the right manager
Think you missed the part about the attacking players..

And the point I was making (experience being an excuse).

woody78

In for now.

Needs to deliver this season though

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:35 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Think that's the scenario when we should be having this debate (worst case), not now, so early into his third full season.
This.

Panic appears to have set in quite horribly with some.

Quote:
Think you missed the part about the attacking players..

And the point I was making (experience being an excuse).
Experience can make all the difference when you don’t have it but the 2/3 teams you are challenging do. Matters not a jot if you’re challenging Spurs

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:37 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
They didn’t have any challengers. The very thing I cited as United’s problem, the current champions and current European Champions. That’s the point. That’s why you were debunked. Leicester won it when United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool and even Arsenal were in major flux having recently appointed new managers and were in the process of huge squad upheaval. It was a freak.
Chelsea won the Champions league, where’s the experience in their squad of winning it? They did that with a new manager.

Where was the experience of the Liverpool side running away with the title 2 seasons ago?

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:39 AM
dunk

Quote:
Chelsea won the Champions league, where’s the experience in their squad of winning it? They did that with a new manager.

Where was the experience of the Liverpool side running away with the title 2 seasons ago?
They were up against City, another team who hadn’t won it.

Again, it was never close. I feel like you’re being deliberately obtuse. Unless you’re suggesting we should be 10 points clear by Christmas and anything less is a failure?

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:41 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
I don't think anyone will be overly surprised if we ended the season scraping a top 4 and no silverware.
I think a lot of people would be very surprised if we "scraped" top 4, given we were comfortably in the top 4 last season (8 points ahead of 5th) and have strengthened more than any team in the league.

You can believe Solskjaer isn't up for it, but surely you'd be surprised if we went backwards after adding Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo to the team?

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:42 AM
Sandman

Regardless of tactics, I don't think he can take us any further with our style of play, there's no signs of progression, it's the same problems again, and again, with the same players being used as the solution
Closed Thread