United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-08-2021, 12:25 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Jean Marc Bosman.
Tbf it’s easy enough to get him confused with Jean Luc Picard, the fictional Captain of the Starship Enterprise.

Unread 13-08-2021, 02:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
PSG's total wage bill now stands at over £250m per annum.

The highest wage bill in the whole of global sports.

'Fifa Fair Play'.
Next trifling attempts to stop shit like this are going to be proposed imminently and are said to focus on wage budgets for clubs. It would be funny if PSG had to sell half the squad next summer as a result more likely the number of offshore bank accounts mysteriously receiving huge regular payments from untraceable sources will just increase

Unread 13-08-2021, 02:40 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
PSG's total wage bill now stands at over £250m per annum.

The highest wage bill in the whole of global sports.

'Fifa Fair Play'.
Woodward’s brilliant financial expertise also showing for us, Wage bill of 193mill
Our second choice GK on 100k , imagine what we could do with a competent person, we make enough through revenue to flex our muscles and still be inside FFP.

Even if it’s like expanding the scouting department, I’d say Henderson, jones, Andreas and lingard are players are the club that we can bin and not require a replacement . Shave 250-350k a week off the wage bill easy there

Unread 13-08-2021, 02:41 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Next trifling attempts to stop shit like this are going to be proposed imminently and are said to focus on wage budgets for clubs. It would be funny if PSG had to sell half the squad next summer as a result more likely the number of offshore bank accounts mysteriously receiving huge regular payments from untraceable sources will just increase
An NFL style salary cap keeps getting re-buffed apparently, but it would surely solve several problems with the modern game.

The European Super League fiasco shows that something will have to give eventually, as the current system is completely broken.

It's a tragedy to have witnessed the Champions League go from the respected club competition it was in the 90s and 2000s, to the empty prize it is now slowly becoming, largely thanks to dodgy foreign money poisoning the soul of the game.

Last season's final just about sums it up - Chelsea vs Manchester City, ffs. Two absolutely nothing clubs with zero history, prestige or grandeur, dining at the top table solely because they've been bankrolled by bored billionaire tycoon crooks. PSG are on another level entirely, and this slowly dying competition will be well and truly dead when they inevitably buy the European Cup.

Unread 13-08-2021, 02:54 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
An NFL style salary cap keeps getting re-buffed apparently, but it would surely solve several problems with the modern game.

The European Super League fiasco shows that something will have to give eventually, as the current system is completely broken.

It's a tragedy to have witnessed the Champions League go from the respected club competition it was in the 90s and 2000s, to the empty prize it is now slowly becoming, largely thanks to dodgy foreign money poisoning the soul of the game.

Last season's final just about sums it up - Chelsea vs Manchester City, ffs. Two absolutely nothing clubs with zero history, prestige or grandeur, dining at the top table solely because they've been bankrolled by bored billionaire tycoon crooks. PSG are on another level entirely, and this slowly dying competition will be well and truly dead when they inevitably buy the European Cup.
Confident nothing at all will be done - football’s simply dying a slow death and no one in the moment cares enough about the long term sustainability of it all.

PSG v City CL final this year no doubt or rather the effective national teams of Qatar v Abu Dhabi. It’s already farcical and UEFA bottled it completely against city. If they hadn't, I might have retained a semblance of hope. As it is, it’s £#%&!ed.

Unread 13-08-2021, 02:57 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Confident nothing at all will be done - football’s simply dying a slow death and no one in the moment cares enough about the long term sustainability of it all.

PSG v City CL final this year no doubt or rather the effective national teams of Qatar v Abu Dhabi. It’s already farcical and UEFA bottled it completely against city. If they hadn't, I might have retained a semblance of hope. As it is, it’s f***ed.
It doesn’t help that the people who could do something are all bought by Man City’s owners. The pundits have been pathetic in calling any of it out.

Unread 13-08-2021, 03:10 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Good summing up. Whether this fiasco can be fixed is another matter, or even if the 'buying public' want it to be. The game we knew is £#%&!ed, if I was back in manc I'd go to watch fc and throw the whole thing. There is less and less pleasure in following the top level for me these days, especially while we're owned and run by profit parasites.

Unread 13-08-2021, 03:13 PM
Coracao

Don't see how they will really ensure a salary cap is stuck to though? I'm pretty sure backhanders are happening at City and PSG.

Didn't Mancini even get accused of having two contracts? They are completely bent.

Unread 13-08-2021, 03:18 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Don't see how they will really ensure a salary cap is stuck to though? I'm pretty sure backhanders are happening at City and PSG.

Didn't Mancini even get accused of having two contracts? They are completely bent.
You're dead right, there's just no way of policing it. This is your club contract, this is your caymen island contract.

Unread 13-08-2021, 05:05 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Tbf it’s easy enough to get him confused with Jean Luc Picard, the fictional Captain of the Starship Enterprise.
Yes as someone that happens to own the ST:TNG on blu-ray, i'm so used that Jean Luc, I find it unthinkable that the name Jean can be followed with something else than Luc.

But with that said I stand by what I said about Bosman he should be forever hated by anyone that loves football.

Unread 13-08-2021, 05:22 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
Yes as someone that happens to own the ST:TNG on blu-ray, i'm so used that Jean Luc, I find it unthinkable that the name Jean can be followed with something else than Luc.

But with that said I stand by what I said about Bosman he should be forever hated by anyone that loves football.
He was one of the components. Sky, the globalisation of the prem etc, there were a lot of factors. The influx of money into the game has just stopped it being a sport rooted in its local communities these days. It's just brand A v brand B. Teams like ciddy, chelsea and psg are just the end of history.

Unread 13-08-2021, 07:45 PM
red in cumbria

You would think they could at least do something about the ridiculous number of players clubs like Chelsea have out on loan, wouldn't you?

Unread 13-08-2021, 07:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

he didn't get accused...he openly admitted he was getting bunged £2 million quid a year on top of his salary to go over to abu dhabi for 'consultancy meetings'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...cted-wage.html

nobody will ever convince me that the likes of aguero werent on some similar £#%&!ing con.

Unread 13-08-2021, 08:06 PM
Pop

Aguero was being paid in bundles of 24k gold gilded £50 notes.

The @#%&!. Could have been banging in 40 goals a season for Real or Barca during his prime but spent it eating blue ketchup and playing pool with Curly £#%&!ing Watts down the local.

The @#%&!.

Unread 13-08-2021, 08:21 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk

Agreed pal. I mean as a man, I don’t have anything against him - I hope he lives long and prospers. But I hate what he meant for the game, even if he did boldly go where no man had gone before in demanding a free transfer.

Unread 13-08-2021, 10:34 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
he didn't get accused...he openly admitted he was getting bunged £2 million quid a year on top of his salary to go over to abu dhabi for 'consultancy meetings'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...cted-wage.html

nobody will ever convince me that the likes of aguero werent on some similar £#%&!ing con.
Of course he was.

There was something hugely fishy I always felt in Real and Barca’s complete lack of interest in Kompany, Silva and Aguero. They obviously knew they couldn’t compete with their pay, don’t think moves for that 3 were ever even hinted.

Unread 21-09-2021, 10:11 PM
Pop

Thumbs up

Subbed off on his home debut. Seething apparently.

Face on the little bitch

Unread 21-09-2021, 11:15 PM
red in cumbria

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

Unread 22-09-2021, 06:42 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Subbed off on his home debut. Seething apparently.

Face on the little bitch

Pochettino putting his balls on the table.

Unread 22-09-2021, 06:55 AM
Bunker Buster

He was proved right (Poch) turns out he does have an injury.....

Also can't score, is washed, gone to a baggette league and is a massive, joyless, dwarf fraud...
Closed Thread