United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-09-2021, 03:57 PM
saffers

Default DAVE is officially number one after that, sorry Hendo! APOLOGY THREAD

I think we owe Dave an apology, the hate he has received since we signed Maguire has been uncalled for. Put a top defender infront of him again (varane) and hes back to his best. When I say we I dont mean myself, but you know who you are!

Unread 19-09-2021, 03:58 PM
waynes ear's

go £#%&! yourself you snivelling @#%&!

Unread 19-09-2021, 03:58 PM
puressence

£#%&! off you @#%&!.

Unread 19-09-2021, 03:59 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
go £#%&! yourself you snivelling @#%&!
Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
£#%&! off you @#%&!.
Two prime suspects.

Bet that penalty save made the win bitter sweet for you haha.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:03 PM
Bunker Buster

Footballs a strange game.....

Needs another for total redemption...

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:05 PM
AK14

Question

Do we think he meant it??

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:05 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Defo, he is not the ddg of 2013-2018 quite yet. Maybe one more massive moment. But some big saves so far this season, unreal one away at wolves. Now this big last minute peno save. He will only keep growing in confidence.

Just no way Henderson gets in now. Should get him to sign a new deal now to secure his contract and then sell him in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Do we think he meant it??

Can remember some big peno saves v everton in the past, vs baines, and then lukaku in a fa cup semi no?

But youre right, not his strong suit.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:07 PM
ryanMUFC

Never in doubt. I don’t think there’s a better keeper in the league.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:07 PM
naes_sean

I don't think he posts on here. When this thread is finished, are you going to print it and mail it to him?

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
I don't think he posts on here. When this thread is finished, are you going to print it and mail it to him?
As long as it’s not a fax I’m sure he’ll get it.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:11 PM
Jethro

First two replies

Dave will feel like the king of the universe tonight

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:13 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
First two replies
My biggest supporters on the forum bar none.

They keep me giving views, replies and interactions. Increasing my status as THAT guy.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Agree, he still has a bit to live down after the Europa final.

But that will do wonders for his confidence, which is a big part of any goalie's game

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:34 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Agree, he still has a bit to live down after the Europa final.

But that will do wonders for his confidence, which is a big part of any goalie's game
I mean there were 120 minutes of the Europa league final for United to beat Villarreal before it came down to us relying on the keeper to save/score pens.

Unread 19-09-2021, 04:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
I mean there were 120 minutes of the Europa league final for United to beat Villarreal before it came down to us relying on the keeper to save/score pens.
Yes, but that is still part of a keeper's game and his performance could barely be described as pisspoor. People will understandably not be happy with it.

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:07 PM
Dr Stranger

A great moment for him today and he’s playing with more confidence. Still don’t think he’s the long-term solution and there’s still too many soft moments from him, but he’s in a better place than he’s been in for a while and has produced a Big save in all our away games this season. Got us the win today, the win at Wolves and a point at Southampton. Big saves at key moments.

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:13 PM
Switching Off

Belting save too. Moyes

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
A great moment for him today and he’s playing with more confidence. Still don’t think he’s the long-term solution and there’s still too many soft moments from him, but he’s in a better place than he’s been in for a while and has produced a Big save in all our away games this season. Got us the win today, the win at Wolves and a point at Southampton. Big saves at key moments.
Just hope momentum and confidence can get him back up somewhere near his pomp for a bit. Top penalty save nqat, 1 in 30 or whatever though, a bit stopped clock.

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:16 PM
AK14

That moment when he came off his line to collect a through ball and almost shit out when he saw the West Ham player coming towards him was pretty tbf

But he’s saved us more points than he’s cost us so far this season which is a nice change from the last few seasonsbait

Unread 19-09-2021, 05:18 PM
dunk

Interesting comments from Ole..

Maybe the EL debacle was the required kick up the arse..
Closed Thread