United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2021, 12:42 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
That's some top berting.

Of more concern is you reading the Daily Fail though.

Unread 06-03-2021, 12:46 PM
Pop

One of the most beautiful and satisfying acts of thuggery I've seen on the pitch

It's just a pity that City were the tin pot @#%&!s they always will be back then. Would have been even funnier to see it done to a player like Aguero or Silva instead.

Unread 06-03-2021, 12:58 PM
utd99

He should have waited until he hung up his boots to write that book. Could have saved himself 150 grand.

15 grand for doing it, 150 for admitting it.

Unread 06-03-2021, 02:23 PM
Carlton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
One of the most beautiful and satisfying acts of thuggery I've seen on the pitch

It's just a pity that City were the tin pot c***s they always will be back then. Would have been even funnier to see it done to a player like Aguero or Silva instead.

Righteous and no doubt satisfyingly cold revenge.

Unread 06-03-2021, 02:25 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

It's just a pity that City were the tin pot @#%&!s they always will be back then. Would have been even funnier to see it done to a player like Aguero or Silva instead.

Was at in those Utd road seats that day unreal 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unread 06-03-2021, 10:29 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
That's some top berting.

Of more concern is you reading the Daily Fail though.
I know, I think the link came up on Facebook or something.

Unread 06-03-2021, 10:43 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

I did the dissertation for my law degree on whether Keane should’ve done time for that. I think on the second paragraph I concluded ‘no, it was mint’.

Unread 06-03-2021, 10:45 PM
armchair

Apparently the "take that" quote was made up by Dunphy.

Mentioned in here:

Unread 06-03-2021, 11:10 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
The irony of “beyond the pale” ...... he probably hasn’t got a clue where it comes from

Unread 06-03-2021, 11:30 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
I did the dissertation for my law degree on whether Keane should’ve done time for that. I think on the second paragraph I concluded ‘no, it was mint’.
"Your Honour, I'd like to cite precedent"
"I'll allow it"
"In the case of the Crown vs My Old Man Said Be A City Fan, it was adjudged to have been proven '£#%&! off, %@#$&!s, you're a @#%&!'"

Unread 07-03-2021, 02:29 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
The irony of “beyond the pale” ...... he probably hasn’t got a clue where it comes from
Neither did I until I googled it.

Unread 07-03-2021, 12:02 PM
Carlton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Neither did I until I googled it.
http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-pal2.htm

Except it doesn’t really.

Unread 07-03-2021, 11:08 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton
And that erudite article is meant to be conclusive of the issue? Grow up.

Unread 08-03-2021, 08:16 AM
Carlton

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
And that erudite article is meant to be conclusive of the issue? Grow up.
‘grow up’ he says as he spits the dummy

The one with the research into its usage? Yes.

Unread 08-03-2021, 08:22 AM
utd99

Which of you two is the Micah Richards of this punditry team?

Unread 08-03-2021, 08:40 AM
Patty_b

I love the amount of piss boiling that the tackle causes, because in terms of going out of the way to hurt an opposition player, it wasn't even that bad of a tackle really. There have been shed loads of challenges in the Premier League era before and since that were solely meant to injure an opposition player that are so much worse than that challenge.

The only reason it gets people all riled up is because Keane had the balls to come out and say he meant it, rather than trying to bullshit out of it like most others.

"But it ended his career!"

No it didn't you big flump, that was his left knee which is clearly mummified in the clip of Keano smashing the c***.

Unread 08-03-2021, 09:57 AM
suedeshoes

I loved Keane as a player but he's always struck me as a @#%&! of a man. It was a disgusting challenge. I'd have gone at his head with a rounders bat if he'd done it to me.

Unread 08-03-2021, 10:18 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I love the amount of piss boiling that the tackle causes, because in terms of going out of the way to hurt an opposition player, it wasn't even that bad of a tackle really. There have been shed loads of challenges in the Premier League era before and since that were solely meant to injure an opposition player that are so much worse than that challenge.

The only reason it gets people all riled up is because Keane had the balls to come out and say he meant it, rather than trying to bullshit out of it like most others.

No it didn't you big flump, that was his left knee which is clearly mummified in the clip of Keano smashing the c***.
This. Will happen all the time. £#%&! him.

Unread 08-03-2021, 10:37 AM
armchair

i've seen far worse challenges. this wasn't even a foul.

Unread 08-03-2021, 10:44 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Closed Thread