United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:46 PM
jem

Default I'd like to apologise

if over the last couple of weeks I have given the impression that we have looked shaky at the back and had been lucky the opposition weren't taking their chances.

if I have suggested that our midfield is not capable of controlling a game.

I was wrong. I should have shown a little more belief in fergie and our boys. there is probably nothing worse than being smug about it after the potential whipping became a reality in the most horrible way imaginable.

therefore, I would like you to know that I am not smug. I'm hurting too, you know.

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:49 PM
silv

who gives a £#%&!

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:50 PM
boristonk

I fookin hate that Stevie fookin G, ugly ponce

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:53 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if over the last couple of weeks I have given the impression that we have looked shaky at the back and had been lucky the opposition weren't taking their chances.

I was wrong. I should have shown a little more belief in fergie and our boys. there is probably nothing worse than being smug about it after the potential whipping became a reality in the most horrible way imaginable.

therefore, I would like you to know that I am not smug. I'm hurting too, you know.
if i keep saying anderson will score one day i'll be right.

probably.

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:55 PM
sullers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:56 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
if i keep saying anderson will score one day i'll be right.

probably.
Good point.

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:57 PM
magic_cantona

Well done Jem, I'm glad Liverpool rammed home your point.

Hopefully, we'll get hammered at Fulham too so you can be extra right.

Unread 14-03-2009, 04:59 PM
jem

Default nah

I'll be happy with a draw and a good performance from murphy.

Unread 14-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Er no....what you said last week was this.

defensive record owes an awful lot more to woeful finishing that awesome consistency. our defence has looked panic-stricken against some poor opposition.

Which was true for today granted Mystic Meg. But is a pretty shocking call for the season.

HTH

Unread 14-03-2009, 05:19 PM
dunk

The midfield would've fared a whole lot better had Fletcher started.

Interesting that he hasn't started any of our defeats this season.

He's shit though.

Unread 14-03-2009, 05:22 PM
jem

Default if fletch had played

it would have been 5-1.

according to the magic 8 ball.

Unread 14-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

its maybe been mentioned but i think playing carrick and anderson in such a big game in CMF was a bit of a gamble it backfired

thats it

Unread 14-03-2009, 05:28 PM
jem

Default playing anderson

in any game is a risk. :0)

whatever the midfield, if vidic had just headed an easy clearance, we'd be celebrating victory. the defence has been making bad decisions recently.

gerrard dived too, but evra has been awful from the moment he faced lennon.

Unread 14-03-2009, 05:31 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

whatever the midfield, if vidic had just headed an easy clearance, we'd be celebrating victory. the defence has been making bad decisions recently.

Gerrard made the most of it, but he didn't dive. It was a pen

Unread 14-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

defence has looked edgy since that goal conceded record came to an end it was turning into a sideshow the focus went after that blackburn game .

Unread 14-03-2009, 05:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it would have been 5-1.

according to the magic 8 ball.
:shakehead:

He should've played at Anfield, was injured at the Emirates, Should've played on Wednesday and should've played today.

I'm not sure what he has done, he was £#%&!ing brilliant in the San Siro and has been absent ever since.

Unread 14-03-2009, 05:37 PM
believe

could you not just log out?

Unread 14-03-2009, 05:55 PM
caliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

i think mad Paddy is just £#%&!ing knackered. his game is usually so high-energy that i wondered when he'd break down. shame we haven't got the luxury of a decent stand-in.

Unread 14-03-2009, 06:24 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
Gerrard made the most of it, but he didn't dive. It was a pen
he was going down before there was any contact. he dived. whether it was a penalty or not is open to debate, but gerrard did not make the most of it... he made it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
could you not just log out?
no. this thread is 100% @#%&!ish, I agree. I wish I could have stopped myself. then again, a few of the recent posts regarding my supreme knowledge of football have been a little ill-advised, too.

Unread 14-03-2009, 06:44 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by boristonk
I fookin hate that Stevie fookin G, ugly ponce
Closed Thread