United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology
Reply
 
Unread 20-09-2019, 11:27 PM
armchair
 
Default Electricity

It absolutely terrifies me. Had to replace a light switch today. I have never sweated so much. Everytime i turn off all the power from the switch box the alarm would go off so I had to just turn off localised stuff.

Just glad it's over.


Years ago a fuse went out in our house while my uncle michael was staying with us. He said "i'll go change the fuse" (which was in the garage) and what he did was flick the power on and then off and lie at the bottom of the ladder that led to the fuse box. then pretend to be dead.

we all thought he was dead. best practical joke ever.

also i was electrocuted by christmas lights as a child so that traumatized me.
 
Unread 20-09-2019, 11:34 PM
dragflick
 
Thumbs down

Witchcraft.
 
Unread 20-09-2019, 11:35 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Witchcraft.
it's up there with radio waves and wifi
 
Unread 20-09-2019, 11:38 PM
dunk
 
Default

Prefer it to gas tbh, makes more sense to me
 
Unread 20-09-2019, 11:41 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Prefer it to gas tbh, makes more sense to me
gas is so easy to understand. you are burning a substance. it's like burning wood.

electricity though. how the f*** does that shit work? i guess we'll never know
 
Unread 20-09-2019, 11:48 PM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
gas is so easy to understand. you are burning a substance. it's like burning wood.

electricity though. how the f*** does that shit work? i guess we'll never know
Don't get leaks in the same way though..
 
Unread 20-09-2019, 11:49 PM
Fat Al
 
Default

You can't see it, you can't hear it, you can't taste it, you can't smell it.

WITCHCRAFT.

At least you can small gas. Altho, it's actually an additive they put into the gas.
There was a leak at the factory that makes the additive a few years ago. Everyone thought it was a genuine gas leak & evacuated the area.
 
Unread 20-09-2019, 11:53 PM
tatty
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
You can't see it, you can't hear it, you can't taste it, you can't smell it.

.
Almost word for word from my favourite feel good film and #3 on my all-time list.

The Day After.
 
Unread 20-09-2019, 11:54 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

back in my old flat when i was a kid we had a faulty electricity meter that had exposed wires that would arc. You could smell the burning rubber on the wires and literally see the electric arcing from the wires.

f***ing nuts
 
Unread 20-09-2019, 11:58 PM
Fat Al
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Almost word for word from my favourite feel good film and #3 on my all-time list.

The Day After.
Never even heard of that. Now I'm gonna have to find it.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Electricity
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things to do without electricity Fuzzy Dunlop Science & Technology 27 27-01-2011 10:25 AM
why can't we make electricity wonky no Science & Technology 26 25-06-2009 09:14 AM
N Power/Electricity Whalefish Science & Technology 5 11-04-2008 11:07 AM
When I switch off power to a plug socket the electricity still comes through tatty Science & Technology 10 25-09-2007 11:24 AM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:05 PM.

Copyright 2006 - 2019 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.