United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 04-07-2019, 07:28 AM
Whip Hubley

Default Official fitness thread 2019 : Part 2

Wondered why the other thread had gone quiet, then realised it had been locked for some reason??

Anyway what's everyone up to? How's yoga going pure? I do hot yoga on a Sunday and it's great.

Currently suffering with sciatica, most likely due to a slight disc prolapse, most likely caused by being a dickhead on holiday and doing silly things. Lesson learned. It's utterly horrific. But can still DL and squat so, y'know, all good.

Unread 04-07-2019, 07:41 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Wondered why the other thread had gone quiet, then realised it had been locked for some reason??

Anyway what's everyone up to? How's yoga going pure? I do hot yoga on a Sunday and it's great.

Currently suffering with sciatica, most likely due to a slight disc prolapse, most likely caused by being a dickhead on holiday and doing silly things. Lesson learned. It's utterly horrific. But can still DL and squat so, y'know, all good.
still running do gym stuff aswell to break it up did my best 10k last sunday 1 hour 15 mins well happy .. doing the manchester half marathon october so doing longer runs fortnightly leading upto it ...

Unread 04-07-2019, 07:54 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
My sympathies. Had it for about 6 years, 3 of those cripplingly bad. Awful condition, honestly don't know where I'd be if it didn't get sorted.

On the exercise front I started hill running the other month every morning before work at 5.30. It was great, no-one about apart from the odd Roe Deer, and it put me in a great mood for the day. But that's on hiatus after f***ing up my knee last week on holiday

Unread 04-07-2019, 07:54 AM
est.1878

Came second in a very competitive dads race school sports day so can relax for rest of summer

Guy next to me stacked it in front of c200 parents - great stuff

Unread 04-07-2019, 07:59 AM
TheFatGoth

Fallen off the wagon big style last few months. Been to the gym about 4 times. Feel absolutely minging tbh.

Can anyone recommend a workout to get me back into the swing of things?

Unread 04-07-2019, 08:06 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Fallen off the wagon big style last few months. Been to the gym about 4 times. Feel absolutely minging tbh.

Figure out what's best for your body, I was an absolute beanpole 10 years ago and tall with it, had to workout with real intensity and lift as heavy as I could To put any mass on. That said whenever I've had breaks I start with callisthenics and some weighted bodyweight exercises to kickstart things. Do you have any resistance bands? Can do a full body workout using one of those for a week or two and then get yourself back in the gym.

Unread 04-07-2019, 08:11 AM
Mr_Ed

Conditioning 5 times a week at the moment. Iíd be in great shape if I didnít use it as excuse to eat shite more than I should.

That said I feel great 👍🏻

Unread 04-07-2019, 08:13 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Conditioning 5 times a week at the moment. Iíd be in great shape if I didnít use it as excuse to eat shite more than I should.

That said I feel great 👍🏻
Unless you're going on Love Island functional strength and endurance trumps aesthetics

Unread 04-07-2019, 08:15 AM
Hema

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

As a recovering piss head who used to cane the gym and let myself go, I'm now doing....

15 min on the bike, 15 min cross trainer, 15 min treadmill followed by 5x5 strong lifts:bench, clean and press, bent over row, squat/deadlift alternate days. Do that for a month and that will be a start. Finish with 10 min slow run.

I also do loaded marches every Saturday up rivington pike with 35lb in my Bergen.

Training for royal marines commando shuffle on Dartmoor in September with a load of other veterans. Going to kill me, not done it for 15 years.

Unread 04-07-2019, 08:20 AM
AK14

Neck/shoulder has f***ed me up for the last few months. But last week itís been finally getting better after following a bloke on YouTube called Dr Alan Mansell (think thatís his name) and Iíve changed my sleeping position which has helped massively

PT has moved gyms too and Iím not fussed on following him because I donít like the gym heís gone too

So Iím finally turning my garage into a gym, going to get a shit load on finance and kit it out. Clearing it out this weekend and then Iíll be sealing the the floor and painting the walls before laying rubber flooring and length of fake turf for the prowler.