United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 01-12-2017, 11:17 PM
Switching Off

Football OFFICIAL: Arsenal v Manchester United|Saturday 2nd December|5.30pm|BT Sports

[SIZE="5"]
TEAM NEWS

United
OUT: Jones! Bailly! Fellaini! Carrick!
DOUBT: Matic! Zlatan!

Arsenal
OUT: Lacazette! Cazorla!
DOUBT: N/A

[SIZE="5"]
PREDICTED TEAM

Since football was invented in 1992, United have faced Arsenal 66 times, winning 31, drawing 16 and losing 19. Would've thought it'd be closer. In the past 6 in the league at Arsenal, both teams have won twice, and shared the spoils twice. However, we haven't scored on our last two visits.

The last time we beat Arsenal was when Rashford burst onto the scene, and our bench that day was Romero, McNair, Riley, Januzaj, Pereira, Weir, Fosu-Mensah. I bet the pre match arse seeing was IMMENSE.

In the past ten fixtures between the two sides 23 goals have been scored, averaging 2.3 per game. Over 1.5 goals tomorrow might be a decent bet.

[SIZE="5"]
GUEST PREDICTOR

Today we welcome forum heavyweight and Fred's own Swiss Toni, Puressence. Pure is a North Manchester lad who has supported United since before he was born. He has 29 people on his Fred friends list and averages 10.76 posts per day. Pure can ramble but has more passion for the club in his little finger than most in their whole bodies. He says this.......

The arsenal game ... loved this fixture was at Highbury where mcclairs penalty is still travelling the day his hatred for winterburn carried over to the 21 man old Trafford brawl loads of great memories beating them when they were flying Scholes semi giggs semi the 50th game the 6-2 at Highbury Dwight s hatrick the 8 goals the champs league semi the mercantile cup final in 88 at villa park whilst Europe wasn’t allowed. Kicked off everyone that day. Tomorrow’s game has lost its edge a bit we need to turn up away from old Trafford Big pitch use it have pace uptop matic needs to play feel rashford will be in bench I’d start Jesse again keep the back 3 .. lukaku will get back on the scoresheet fancies us 1-3 .. red rom and martial to do it.

vBet!

Unread 01-12-2017, 11:34 PM
Chris Quayd

Unread 02-12-2017, 12:01 AM
Lok

Shame to see they have to be done the night before.

But I suppose you can't take any chances with Pure about.

Sad times.

Unread 02-12-2017, 12:03 AM
Clarkie

Can't believe you done this to Pure...

Unread 02-12-2017, 01:34 AM
Barcabal

0-0 or 1-0 to arsenal nqat

Unread 02-12-2017, 01:40 AM
guerreiro

What’s up with Bailey?

Unread 02-12-2017, 02:07 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
The last time we beat Arsenal was when Rashford burst onto the scene, and our bench that day was Romero, McNair, Riley, Januzaj, Pereira, Weir, Fosu-Mensah. I bet the pre match arse seeing was IMMENSE.

Unread 02-12-2017, 02:12 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
What’s up with Bailey?

No longer playing but coaching goalkeepers

Unread 02-12-2017, 09:09 AM
puressence

Quote:

[SIZE="5"]
TEAM NEWS

United
OUT: Jones! Bailly! Fellaini! Carrick!
DOUBT: Matic! Zlatan!

Arsenal
OUT: Lacazette! Cazorla!
DOUBT: N/A

[SIZE="5"]
PREDICTED TEAM

Since football was invented in 1992, United have faced Arsenal 66 times, winning 31, drawing 16 and losing 19. Would've thought it'd be closer. In the past 6 in the league at Arsenal, both teams have won twice, and shared the spoils twice. However, we haven't scored on our last two visits.

In the past ten fixtures between the two sides 23 goals have been scored, averaging 2.3 per game. Over 1.5 goals tomorrow might be a decent bet.

[SIZE="5"]
GUEST PREDICTOR

Today we welcome forum heavyweight and Fred's own Swiss Toni, Puressence. Pure is a North Manchester lad who has supported United since before he was born. He has 29 people on his Fred friends list and averages 10.76 posts per day. Pure can ramble but has more passion for the club in his little finger than most in their whole bodies. He says this.......

The arsenal game ... loved this fixture was at Highbury where mcclairs penalty is still travelling the day his hatred for winterburn carried over to the 21 man old Trafford brawl loads of great memories beating them when they were flying Scholes semi giggs semi the 50th game the 6-2 at Highbury Dwight s hatrick the 8 goals the champs league semi the mercantile cup final in 88 at villa park whilst Europe wasn’t allowed. Kicked off everyone that day. Tomorrow’s game has lost its edge a bit we need to turn up away from old Trafford Big pitch use it have pace uptop matic needs to play feel rashford will be in bench I’d start Jesse again keep the back 3 .. lukaku will get back on the scoresheet fancies us 1-3 .. red rom and martial to do it.

vBet!
Switchers absolute legend Love him. Foty. ❤️❤️

Unread 02-12-2017, 09:14 AM
no fun

Splendid switchers, but point of order...

Pure is from Rochdale, not north manchester

2-1 arsenal

Unread 02-12-2017, 09:43 AM
waynes ear's

3-1 United

Unread 02-12-2017, 10:05 AM
believe

Got a really good feeling about this which is not good. However, in already out so won't remember a minute. 4-2 United.

Unread 02-12-2017, 10:06 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Got a really good feeling about this which is not good
Arsenal are shite pal.

Unread 02-12-2017, 10:08 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Arsenal are shite pal.

Unread 02-12-2017, 11:02 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up

I have absolutely no idea how this is going to pan out.

Unread 02-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Tiberian

No stats to back it up but I have this feeling that evening games tend to increase the usual home advantage. Fans have a longer build up, produce a more febrile atmosphere.

Arsenal are vulnerable. Pogba against Ramsay will be interesting, both can he huge threats but at the same time their wandering tendencies open possibilities for the opposition. Need Lukaku to be aggressive and work that backline.

Unread 02-12-2017, 11:54 AM
taff

Quote:
and yes I said yes I will Yes.

Unread 02-12-2017, 12:05 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
and yes I said yes I will Yes.

I knew Pure's writing reminded me of someone

Unread 02-12-2017, 01:06 PM
20 times

Quote:
Arsenal are shite pal.
They’re ahead of Spurs in the league so they must surely be one of the best teams to have ever played football

Unread 02-12-2017, 01:06 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Arsenal are shite pal.
Won their last 12 at home.