United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-04-2019, 12:49 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
There’s also the fact that Ole doesn’t think William and Perisic are the answer to the club’s issues

Probably wouldnt have approved of Dennis Irwin, Yorke, Sheddy, Ole, Greenhoff etc but it was what the manager felt he could make a team out of. Can’t all be Roberto Carlos and erm... di Maria

Unread 20-04-2019, 12:56 PM
caliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
I think that you'll find this will end in ole resigning at some point with a very large payout as long as he doesn't bad mouth the glazers ect, just like mourinho.
Not sure. Ole’a already a national hero in Norway, can manage there until he wants to retire, and clearly doesn’t possess the ego of Jose/LVG.

For Ole, it’s either the proper United or ‘£#%&! you, you’ve ruined our club’.

I don’t think he’d go quietly because unlike Jose he’s not a mercenary @#%&! who cares more about himself than any team he manages.

This could be the key benefit (for the fans) of the Ole appointment.

Unread 20-04-2019, 12:59 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
There’s also the fact that Ole doesn’t think William and Perisic are the answer to the club’s issues
What is people's beef with Willian? Not like I'd watch Chelsea week in week out but when I caught them in the CL or the odd PL game he has always been pretty £#%&!ing good. I know he's getting on a bit now but he was what 27/28 when we were thinking about signing him? Would have been decent for us. And he's a right winger so instant improvement on what we had.

Unread 20-04-2019, 01:01 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
What is people's beef with Willian? Not like I'd watch Chelsea week in week out but when I caught them in the CL or the odd PL game he has always been pretty £#%&!ing good. I know he's getting on a bit now but he was what 27/28 when we were thinking about signing him? Would have been decent for us. And he's a right winger so instant improvement on what we had.
He's an excellent player.

It's just that some on here suffer from jose derangement syndrome.

Unread 20-04-2019, 01:51 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Jermaine Jenas thinks it was a mistake.

That changes everything for me now
Whereas before we played PSG he thought he should be appointed manager. Blowing with the wind.

Unread 20-04-2019, 03:26 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Probably wouldnt have approved of Dennis Irwin, Yorke, Sheddy, Ole, Greenhoff etc but it was what the manager felt he could make a team out of. Can’t all be Roberto Carlos and erm... di Maria
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They're clueless, that's why.

People thought Mourinho was being facetious when he said finishing 2nd with this squad was one of his greatest achievements in football. Well, turns out he was probably spot on.
And this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliban
Problem for Woodward now is that he’s backed himself into a corner; there’s practically no way the fans will ever turn against Ole, so if it turns out that Ole confirms what Mourinho was suggesting (no backing, dressing room cliques etc.) then Ed has nowhere to hide. His decision to finally tin Jose was made easy because the fans were turning against him anyway.
For that reason, I suspect Ole knows he’s got a bit more leverage than most against the owners.
We’ll see.
Also this.

Unread 20-04-2019, 03:44 PM
The Return of Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
This.

And this.

Also this.
And this.

Thanks

Unread 20-04-2019, 04:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They're clueless, that's why.

People thought Mourinho was being facetious when he said finishing 2nd with this squad was one of his greatest achievements in football. Well, turns out he was probably spot on.
Solskjaer has had 16 PL games and is 12/2/2 from them which is a fair bit higher points average than we managed last season.

The problem with Mourinho this season wasn't that he was the cause of our all our problems, but he was the answer to none.

Unread 20-04-2019, 05:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Whereas before we played PSG he thought he should be appointed manager. Blowing with the wind.
Did he now?

I know how so many pundits change their opinions like the weather, but they aren't often quite that shameless.

Unread 20-04-2019, 07:49 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Did he now?

I know how so many pundits change their opinions like the weather, but they aren't often quite that shameless.
Saw quotes elsewhere where he said the exact opposite of every point he made.

The bbc need any old shite to fill space on its website and get clicks. Saying it was the right appointment isn’t exactly an article at this stage. Think that article has had over 1500 comments.

Don’t know if he gets paid for the article or whether he has a quota as part of his motd contract, but it served its purpose for both sides.

Unread 20-04-2019, 07:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Solskjaer has had 16 PL games and is 12/2/2 from them which is a fair bit higher points average than we managed last season.

The problem with Mourinho this season wasn't that he was the cause of our all our problems, but he was the answer to none.
I know that ffs.

Unread 20-04-2019, 07:58 PM
djsst

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...Rumours-Gossip

“Why does he have to beat PSG to get the job?” he said on Football Focus.

“That’s a weird kind of statement to make. Has he not [done enough already]?

“I feel like there has been a huge turnaround.

“The players seem to be playing the Manchester United way, there is excitement back in the stadium, they’re scoring goals.

Unread 20-04-2019, 11:54 PM
AK14

Unread 20-04-2019, 11:56 PM
Clownbones

Imagine Mourinho saying something like that first one.

Nope, me either.

In Ole we trust.... the structure above him is another story .

Unread 20-04-2019, 11:56 PM
AK14

He’s saying the right things tbf to him and the comments are surely aimed at Pogba, Sanchez and Martial?

Unread 20-04-2019, 11:58 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He’s saying the right things tbf to him and the comments are surely aimed at Pogba, Sanchez and Martial?
I think it's everyone.

Since the form has dropped, there have been more 'time to step up' quotes from him.

And rightly so.

He's remaining positive, but it's his job to underline the expected standards.

Unread 21-04-2019, 12:06 AM
Buck

What I've been saying all along that Ole's biggest strength is he knows what being a United player requires, and what characters a United dressing room needs.

The Cardiff/Molde inexperience stick some use against him is irrelevant.

Unread 21-04-2019, 12:11 AM
AK14

Quote:
As a club we cannot carry players. Everyone has to take ownership, keep improving, show that hunger that you want to get better individually and as a team.

It's about culture as well. They have to get the culture where players take ownership themselves. I think the players deserve to get the chance to come in for pre-season and show what they're capable of. Are they fit enough? Are they hungry enough? Do they want this enough? Do they want to give everything to the team? Or do they think only about themselves?

What is the definition of culture? I'd say it's about how we do things here and I have my way of doing things and I expect them to be done. We want to create a culture that we believe in. That might mean small things like having breakfast or lunch together.

I like my players to take ownership of their own careers and their futures. That's the type of player I like – and I have been impressed by many of the players we have got here. Not all of them, but a lot of them.

Unread 21-04-2019, 12:12 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

What I've been saying all along that Ole's biggest strength is he knows what being a United player requires, and what characters a United dressing room needs.

The Cardiff/Molde inexperience stick some use against him is irrelevant.
This
Closed Thread