United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Luffy

Default How the £#%&! is Carrick not in the England squad??

I rate him as arguably the best midfielder in England right now, only after Gerrard who if we're being honest is more of an attacking roamer than a midfielder of any note.

That is just batshit insane. How does Hargreaves get in ahead of him as well? Thats well barmy. Carrick is fitter, more in form and is actually just the kind of player England need in their current position.

I'm baffled, he can't even get in the squad, he's never gonna earn a starting place at this rate. Ridiculous set up at england.

Unread 20-03-2008, 02:26 PM
BarryX

hopefully it won't harm his confidence, either. strange indeed to see hargreaves ahead of him, based on both of their seasons at the Champions this year. Still maybe its good - won't get injured at least for a pointless game. Fergie must be rubbing his hands in glee.

Unread 20-03-2008, 02:27 PM
antonin jablonsky

How is he gonna get in the England squad when he can't get in the United one?

Unread 20-03-2008, 02:28 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
United > England. simple really.

Unread 20-03-2008, 02:29 PM
TreeFiddy

Baffling decision. As long as it doesn't knock his confidence and affect his performances for United then I don't really care. It's just an injustice.

Unread 20-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
he's probably our first choice and being saved for when it matters. Will be telling against Liverpool who plays I suppose. Yesterday was interetsing, Fergie could have very easily played Hargreaves in the middle but didnt in favour of Fletcher and Anderson! Think it will be Carrick and Scholes for Liverpool with one other if we're going 4-3-3

Carrick has definitely imposed himself as our most important midfielder imo.

Unread 20-03-2008, 02:32 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
he's probably our first choice and being saved for when it matters. Will be telling against Liverpool who plays I suppose. Yesterday was interetsing, Fergie could have very easily played Hargreaves in the middle but didnt in favour of Fletcher and Anderson! Think it will be Carrick and Scholes for Liverpool with one other if we're going 4-3-3

Carrick has definitely imposed himself as our most important midfielder imo.
He never plays.

Unread 20-03-2008, 02:33 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default Luffy - It may just be that

the wizard and even Mon Cappello know just a tad more about the game then you just a thought like..........

Unread 20-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
the wizard and even Mon Cappello know just a tad more about the game then you just a thought like..........
I'm usually a couple years ahead of Fergie to be fair and if I'd been picking players our squad would be a tad better as well

Although Fergie has done almost exactly what I'd have until last summer when he got Tevez ahead of Torres and let Rossi go.

Unread 20-03-2008, 03:02 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default fair dos - IMHO Carrick is a poseur

"Although Fergie has done almost exactly what I'd have until last summer when he got Tevez ahead of Torres and let Rossi go"

Rossi was an error, but more to do with the lad himself - wonder how he feels now?

Still give the shout to Tevez over Torres given the current united line up.

Unread 20-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Gog Coch

Inconsistent! One pace!
Needs space which is easier at International level.
No engine yet.

Unread 20-03-2008, 03:08 PM
silv

Carrick is so good its unreal.

My mates were all telling me how shit he was and how he does nothing but i stuck to my guns and now they are all grovelling at how good the crickster is.

He just releases balls to our front three so perfectly

Unread 20-03-2008, 04:49 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Thumbs down

was just going to post a similar thread.

it is

when capello was signed up we (england fans) were promised an end to picking players based on reputation or hype. i thought carrick was a prime example of a 'capello player'...one who gets an excellent job done with minimal hype or fuss, one with a proper football brain, one who can offer a new dimension instead of the same players who have failed time and time again.

i can understand him being overlooked by the fans because he's never going to kiss the 3 lions, scream and woop into the camera, or talk about the 'pride of st george' in the sun.

but this £#%&!ing pan-faced mong in charge is supposed to know his onions and is passing up a genuinly class midfielder unlike no other in the country today in favour of super gareth barry and stewart downer.

absolute dogshit.

Unread 20-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Smeggs

as long as it doesn't affect his confidence it's great. on the flipside it should only want to make him perform better when he does get the chance to play.

win/win...till he gets picked and injured that is.

Unread 24-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Coracao

Gareth Barry ahead of Carrick.

It is comical really.

Unread 24-03-2008, 11:58 PM
koppas

Spends too much time posting on internet forums.

Unread 25-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Tumescent Throb

Carrick's problem is that he doesn't score goals, and that he isn't very versatile. He'd be in my England team alongside Lampard (and Hargreaves if it was a 3). But that can't happen, obviously, because slopehead can't put the team first

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:23 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Carrick's problem is that he doesn't score goals, and that he isn't very versatile. He'd be in my England team alongside Lampard (and Hargreaves if it was a 3). But that can't happen, obviously, because slopehead can't put the team first
Slopehead

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:35 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Utter %@#$&!s.

By your definition of that being a "problem" Rio Ferdinand shouldn't get in the team either.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:41 AM
The Watcher

He's playing his best football since arriving at OT. He's been brilliant for the last few months.

As far as the national side is concerned, nothing suprises me with them. Similar to Scholes, he's under appreciated and will be left out/played out of position to make room for inferior players such as Barry Thought this kind of thing would stop with Cappello, but obviously not.

£#%&! it, he can put his feet up and save himself for Roma
Closed Thread