United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-09-2022, 08:33 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
The ears, this defence of the Royal family, the bizarre sight of you living a life of luxury despite never doing any work. You're Charles' son arent you?
This would mean Charles actually DOES have 2 sons!

Unread 09-09-2022, 08:33 AM
Zorg

Quote:
The ears, this defence of the Royal family, the bizarre sight of you living a life of luxury despite never doing any work. You're Charles' son arent you?

Unread 09-09-2022, 08:36 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I don't think people mourning are morons at all, but I just don't get the need to cancel things. Life goes on.
Mourning fine, but imposed mourning? No.

And I'm generally against anything that would allow the scousers to have a break and re-group.
This. There’s an assumption that we are all mourning and that we all mourn in the same way.

Whenever I’ve lost someone, my instinct is to work. Throw myself into ‘normal’ stuff. Not right or wrong, just my way. If normality was taken away from me on the assumption that’s what I’d want, it would make it more difficult. I’d like the option, please.

Unread 09-09-2022, 08:40 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I don't think people mourning are morons at all, but I just don't get the need to cancel things. Life goes on.
Mourning fine, but imposed mourning? No.

And I'm generally against anything that would allow the scousers to have a break and re-group.
I'm also pretty sure the national mourning can take a break for 90m ffs.

I was a but upset when I heard the news last night HK time, but only because I thought the football might be cancelled.

Today I'm more bothered by the rapid decline of Ronaldo than I am about the Queen being dead. Not sure I'm going to need that two weeks of mourning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This. There’s an assumption that we are all mourning and that we all mourn in the same way.

Whenever I’ve lost someone, my instinct is to work. Throw myself into ‘normal’ stuff. Not right or wrong, just my way. If normality was taken away from me on the assumption that’s what I’d want, it would make it more difficult. I’d like the option, please.
I watched the United game a few hours after my mum died. It worked for me.

(The fact we beat the Scouse 3-1 also helped)

Unread 09-09-2022, 08:41 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

I was a but upset when I heard the news last night HK time, but only because I thought the football might be cancelled.

Today I'm more bothered by the rapid decline of Ronaldo than I am about the Queen being dead. Not sure I'm going to need that two weeks of mourning.

Quote:
I watched the United game a few hours after my mum died. It worked for me.

(The fact we beat the Scouse 3-1 also helped)
Was thinking this, people lose family members and still watch and compete in sporting events just days after. The night my grandad died, me and my dad had to sort out his room once his body was removed. As soon as we were done we sat down and watched United vs LASK away.

I'll never understand people that are so emotionally invested into the Royal Family, and I don't think the comparisons to football hold up, but I've no doubt that those nutcases are legitimately upset. But so upset that they cannot face a weekend of sporting fixtures two days after she's died? £#%&! off.

Unread 09-09-2022, 08:43 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Hardly a life of luxury. The fat @#%&! lives in a shithole

He's a £#%&!en tramp

Quote:

This

Unread 09-09-2022, 08:43 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

He's a £#%&!en tramp

This

Unread 09-09-2022, 08:44 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
People talking about her like she was just someone who read the news or something She was the queen of the country ffs and believe it or not a vast majority of the people from that country actually quite liked her. Any other country in the world would do the same because they have a respect for the monarchy and aren’t just a load of miserable @#%&!s who dislike everything and anything.

People calling other people morons for wanting to go and put flowers down at buckingham palace etc and especially on here. I remember being at old trafford a couple of hours after Busby died and the place was heaving. I imagine it will be the same when Ferguson goes.
Well said.

Unread 09-09-2022, 08:47 AM
Seamus

I dont think it will go ahead. I hope they dont cancel all sporting events

Unread 09-09-2022, 08:49 AM
Sparky***

They'll have to cancel two rounds of fixtures which will be a nightmare to re schedule given the world cup.

Unread 09-09-2022, 08:51 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They'll have to cancel two rounds of fixtures which will be a nightmare to re schedule given the world cup.
You think the World Cup will go ahead?

How could players from England and Germany give 100% when the death of their beloved monarch will still lie heavy on their hearts?

Unread 09-09-2022, 08:53 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That doesn’t matter at a time like this, Sparky. Nothing does.

Got an electricity bill due. Don’t think I’m gonna pay it. I’m sure they’ll understand.

Unread 09-09-2022, 09:00 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

He's a £#%&!en tramp

This
Nice to see you’ve climbed from under your de jong rock you useless #@&%!. Can you tell us what will happen with the premier league games and if Robbo thinks they’ll be cancelled you try hard #@&%!. At least then we’ll know that the opposite will be true.

15 years of forums and not one thing right

Unread 09-09-2022, 09:03 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun

How could players from England and Germany give 100% when the death of their beloved monarch will still lie heavy on their hearts?
The Argies should be ok though

Unread 09-09-2022, 09:08 AM
Dasilvatwins

The funny thing about all this is the people getting angry that other people are mourning her. Trading insults and frustration, because they don’t like her or the royal family.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion and feeling towards it. Just don’t try to force it on others . It’s a big deal to a lot of people. Not so much to others, just continue with your day how you wish and stop trying to enforce your belief other others .

WRT to the royal family and the queens death interrupting your everyday life, well news flash, you live under a monarchy . I can understand the frustration if countries outside the UK a start cancelling and stalling and such .but within the UK whether you like it or not you live under a monarchy. These things happen and will continue to happen.

If you’re happy about her death or pleased or whatever then great, it’s your right but stop throwing the toys out of your pram because other people don’t share the same sentiment..

Unread 09-09-2022, 09:10 AM
shenwen

Quote:

Unread 09-09-2022, 09:10 AM
Dr Stranger

“That’s someone’s mum. Have some compassion.”

Two minutes later….

“Useless #@&%!…. Try hard #@&%!”

Love Fred 👍

Unread 09-09-2022, 09:15 AM
redhegemony

Quote:

Unread 09-09-2022, 09:16 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Nice to see you’ve climbed from under your de jong rock you useless p****. Can you tell us what will happen with the premier league games and if Robbo thinks they’ll be cancelled you try hard b*****d. At least then we’ll know that the opposite will be true.

15 years of forums and not one thing right
Rattled

(Fat @#%&!)

Unread 09-09-2022, 09:32 AM
Chorlton74

Diana's funeral, manchester was like a ghost town.

however Ireland were playing Iceland (i think) that day. watched it in some catholic club in Levenshulme, building was like a prefab, but it was steaming. great day.

cancel sport on the day of the funeral, fair do's, but no need to cancel it this weekend.
Closed Thread