United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-08-2022, 04:32 AM
shenwen

Superb game. Tenners being vindicated with his buys and his team pick. The 5.8 crew silenced. Lovely moment when Martinez left his hand on Milner's head. He's going to be a lot of fun.

Interesting how little the ball went backwards. Obviously Dave was told to go long, always, but elsewhere there was very little of the usual stop, turn pass backwards. Notable that Shaw and Maguire are usually the biggest culprits. It meant our possession was low but also meant we were more often than not on the front foot.

I've no idea what Erik's style of football is, but if it this then I'm okay with that

Unread 23-08-2022, 07:04 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Superb game. Tenners being vindicated with his buys and his team pick. The 5.8 crew silenced. Lovely moment when Martinez left his hand on Milner's head. He's going to be a lot of fun.

Interesting how little the ball went backwards. Obviously Dave was told to go long, always, but elsewhere there was very little of the usual stop, turn pass backwards. Notable that Shaw and Maguire are usually the biggest culprits. It meant our possession was low but also meant we were more often than not on the front foot.

I've no idea what Erik's style of football is, but if it this then I'm okay with that
Yep, the stop, turn back and pass between Dave, Maguire back to shaw has to £#%&!ing stop. It’s killed us for years. Basically it’s down to a lack of skill, bravery, movement and hard work. That group never ever play a riskier pass because they just can’t do it and shit themselves. It’s held us back for years.

Unread 23-08-2022, 07:19 AM
AK14

They’re seething…

Unread 23-08-2022, 07:53 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
i told you we have to put this local champion under surveillance.

Starting elanga and the scottish player is disgusting!
page 2

Quote:
there’s literally not one person in that team that scores regularly or can score regularly.

Bruno behind elanga and rashford?

I’d be tempted to hold off spending any money as a manager that after a week of deliberating sees this team as the best to put out isn’t someone i trust with football decisions
3rd game questioning the manager again // page 3

Unread 23-08-2022, 08:32 AM
Joe Biden

Unread 23-08-2022, 08:48 AM
wiganste

Buzzing this morning. What a night!

Unread 23-08-2022, 08:53 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Unread 23-08-2022, 08:53 AM
redhegemony

The vegan tandoori chick box from the place along from Macari’s was outstanding as was the Guinness and the protest.

Football wasn’t bad…🤣🤣

Unread 23-08-2022, 08:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
He’s undoubtedly a fantastic footballer. As a defender, not so much.
Absolutely shite. The whole game plan was get in the space behind him or isolate him, because he's away with the fairies when he's not got the ball. He's rarely anywhere near RB, more often at inside right, if anything.

The £#%&!ing right peg on him though

Unread 23-08-2022, 09:00 AM
Big Norm

Dalot had a great game by the way. Up against that Diaz whose a cracking player and barely gave him a kick all night.

Unread 23-08-2022, 09:04 AM
Seamus

the doom on this thread pre match

Unread 23-08-2022, 09:10 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
i told you we have to put this local champion under surveillance.

starting elanga and The Scottish Player is disgusting!

Quote:

Unread 23-08-2022, 09:12 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus
first 3 pages ffs

Unread 23-08-2022, 09:20 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
this is it...
"this really is it..."

A classic Fred moment that will go down through the ages.

Unread 23-08-2022, 09:22 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
understandable, no?

Unread 23-08-2022, 09:23 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
understandable, no?
course it was.... you get this, the "" only come out when we've won.

Unread 23-08-2022, 09:28 AM
Part 36 Offer

It's all been said but Martinez, Malacia and Varane were outstanding. Dalot, Bruno and Eriksen too. Everyone played well tbf

Martinez MOTM. Got a player on our hands there.

Love big ETH

Unread 23-08-2022, 09:29 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
understandable, no?
Not necessarily imo. The only questionable decision for me was Elanga instead of Martial, which was presumably because Tony wasn't at full fitness. Was a toss up who was dropped between The Scottish Player and fred after the last couple of games. ETH gave the people what they wanted, which was Maguire and Ronnie dropped.

Think a lot of people were worried based on the liverpool of last season, completely underestimating just how poor they are at the moment. Mane is a seismic loss for them, and that midfield was a joke.

Unread 23-08-2022, 09:30 AM
Hyman_Roth

Didn’t really notice Eriksen. Thought he was quiet. Think it was just me as loads have said he played well.

Unread 23-08-2022, 09:31 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
understandable, no?
Sure was, fair play to bunks (he pulled me up) and a few others who kept their heads up but I was expecting a beating and the opposite happened.

Another good lesson in not being overly opinionated