United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-03-2020, 11:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Wowser

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:28 AM
92ToBury

Hugo Lloris has faced 25 shots in the Champions League this season. He's saved 12 of them.

Unread 11-03-2020, 10:17 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Hugo Lloris has faced 25 shots in the Champions League this season. He's saved 12 of them.
He gets his hands on loads of them but he's weak as piss.

Reckon that bird in the twitter thread video could beat him in an arm wrestle (the won that lost).

Unread 11-03-2020, 11:42 AM
doudou

He's such a #@&%!. “All the players on the Leipzig bench would play at this moment in my team” is almost exactly what he said after getting United knocked out be Sevilla. :£#%&!er:

Unread 11-03-2020, 11:44 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
He's such a #@&%!. “All the players on the Leipzig bench would play at this moment in my team” is almost exactly what he said after getting United knocked out be Sevilla. :w****r:
I'm so SO glad he's gone.

Unread 11-03-2020, 11:48 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
He's such a #@&%!. “All the players on the Leipzig bench would play at this moment in my team” is almost exactly what he said after getting United knocked out be Sevilla. :£#%&!er:
@#%&! of a man, absolutely finished as a top manager...

Unread 11-03-2020, 12:12 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
How would that work...

Unread 11-03-2020, 12:14 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
How would that work...
key word is "almost", hedgers

Unread 11-03-2020, 12:16 PM
utd99

Levy’s probably sitting there thinking “what the £#%&! have I done?”

Good.

Unread 11-03-2020, 12:28 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
c*** of a man, absolutely finished as a top manager...
Inclined to agree now. I had initially thought Spurs might be a good fit for him; he’s traditionally always thrived in an underdog environment, but it’s testament to how good a coach Pochettino actually was that he got a team full of average players to be one of the best teams in England. There was a point, from mid-season one year to mid-season the next that Spurs had won the most points overall in England I think, but they just never did it when it counted.

The game has definitely moved on, the overall quality of the football in the PL is shit but even the worst teams are at an elite level of fitness, and he just doesn’t seem to want to tackle that element. He seems to have no game plan; sure, against the bigger teams in particular Ole will have us sit back and wait for the counter, but you still have to coach your team to be ready for such scenarios. Our players never looked like they knew where each other were, hence the stunted, painfully slow attacks. It’s delicious to see it happening at Spurs, especially as they’ve been lording it up over everyone for a few years despite winning zero (0) trophies.

Unread 11-03-2020, 12:50 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Inclined to agree now. I had initially thought Spurs might be a good fit for him; he’s traditionally always thrived in an underdog environment, but it’s testament to how good a coach Pochettino actually was that he got a team full of average players to be one of the best teams in England. There was a point, from mid-season one year to mid-season the next that Spurs had won the most points overall in England I think, but they just never did it when it counted.

The game has definitely moved on, the overall quality of the football in the PL is shit but even the worst teams are at an elite level of fitness, and he just doesn’t seem to want to tackle that element. He seems to have no game plan; sure, against the bigger teams in particular Ole will have us sit back and wait for the counter, but you still have to coach your team to be ready for such scenarios. Our players never looked like they knew where each other were, hence the stunted, painfully slow attacks. It’s delicious to see it happening at Spurs, especially as they’ve been lording it up over everyone for a few years despite winning zero (0) trophies.
People keep saying this, but it’s just not true. There is so much money in the Premier League these days that even mid to lower teams can not only afford 30/40m transfers, but certainly afford to hold firm on selling their best players. That’s not a formula for a drop off in quality. England’s representation in the latter stages of the CL and Europa would bear this out. Germany haven’t had a finalist in either European tournament for 7 years.

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:13 PM
atticusgrinch

He can't be judged after taking over mid-season can he?

Pretty sure that's how it works.

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

I think he's being judged more on recurring themes and behaviours of the last 5-10 years tbh.

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:17 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

:
We’re Man United pal, we can do what we like.

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

He might not even be there after Sunday.....

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I believe if you pitted Europe’s top leagues head to head, 1st vs 1st, 2nd vs 2nd and so on, the Premier League would win at a canter. It’s just an unprovable opinion though of course.
Maybe.

I don’t just think the quality is poorer in the premier league tbh. Perhaps it’s just as you get older you think things get shitter?

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:22 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
We’re Man United pal, we can do what we like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He might not even be there after Sunday.....
It's been a tough ride since his treble with us. Who'd be a manager eh?

Me btw.

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:23 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Maybe.

I don’t just think the quality is poorer in the premier league tbh. Perhaps it’s just as you get older you think things get shitter?
It doesn’t help that the team we watch most have been shit for 6 years.

Shit by our standards anyway.

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:27 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
I believe if you pitted Europe’s top leagues head to head, 1st vs 1st, 2nd vs 2nd and so on, the Premier League would win at a canter. It’s just an unprovable opinion though of course.
It was only a few years back no English teams were getting past the round of 16 in the CL, and they were often losing to mid-tier La Liga teams and the like. I hate to say it, but it’s only since Klopp and Guardiola came in that things turned around. Poch did well last year, absolutely no denying that, but they scraped through by the skin of their teeth. Agree with AKers, you’ve got two top tier outfits in City and Liverpool, a couple of teams with potential to be top tier outfits, and then the rest is currently absolute dross.

Unread 11-03-2020, 01:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
People keep saying this, but it’s just not true. There is so much money in the Premier League these days that even mid to lower teams can not only afford 30/40m transfers, but certainly afford to hold firm on selling their best players. That’s not a formula for a drop off in quality. England’s representation in the latter stages of the CL and Europa would bear this out. Germany haven’t had a finalist in either European tournament for 7 years.
Just because players cost £30-40m doesn’t make them any good though
Closed Thread