United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-07-2020, 07:25 AM
Patty_b

Dean Henderson: Manchester United goalkeeper's new contract talks reach crucial stage

Quote:
Dean Henderson's future at Manchester United will become clearer in the next fortnight, as talks over a new long-term contract enter a crucial stage.

Discussions over a highly-lucrative deal, which would make Henderson one of the best paid goalkeepers in Europe, have been ongoing for several weeks but for now, no agreement has been finalised...

Can't see us having two of the best paid goalkeepers in the world on the books at the same time, especially when both would want to be first choice.

One more season out on loan out to a bigger club that would cover his big new wages? Or we think we can offload De Gea in this window?

Hoping it's the latter personally.

Unread 30-07-2020, 08:23 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Dean Henderson: Manchester United goalkeeper's new contract talks reach crucial stage

Can't see us having two of the best paid goalkeepers in the world on the books at the same time, especially when both would want to be first choice.

One more season out on loan out to a bigger club that would cover his big new wages? Or we think we can offload De Gea in this window?

Hoping it's the latter personally.
With respect... he's had a good season or two and doing well... but making him one of the best paid keepers in Europe? Really?

Unread 30-07-2020, 08:27 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
With respect... he's had a good season or two and doing well... but making him one of the best paid keepers in Europe? Really?
If google is to be believed the 5th highest goalkeeper being paid is buffon at 135k a week.

You would like to think united are offering 70-100k which in the grand scheme of things isnt that bad considering he is expected to take over in 1 or 2 seasons time.

Unread 30-07-2020, 08:39 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
If google is to be believed the 5th highest goalkeeper being paid is buffon at 135k a week.

You would like to think united are offering 70-100k which in the grand scheme of things isnt that bad considering he is expected to take over in 1 or 2 seasons time.
It's a lot because he's done £#%&! all in the game

Sick of Utd giving players far more than they would get elsewhere

Far too many players in our squad on contracts nobody else would give them anywhere close to so means it's hard to sell them and we don't get a big fee

Unread 30-07-2020, 09:36 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It's a lot because he's done f*** all in the game

Sick of Utd giving players far more than they would get elsewhere

Far too many players in our squad on contracts nobody else would give them anywhere close to so means it's hard to sell them and we don't get a big fee
Maybe youre right. Who knows,the report itself might be complete bullshit and theyre offering much less. Cant really rely on anything these days

Unread 30-07-2020, 11:20 AM
jem

is henderson one of the best keepers in europe?

or is he just adequate and we don't watch him that much? I've only really seen the goals he's let in and I always think "de gea would have saved that". I don't remember any world class saves.

then again, if he's seen the goals that de gea has let in, he might think otherwise.

Unread 30-07-2020, 11:31 AM
dunk

‘De Gea would’ve saved that’ isn’t really a given these days tbh.

‘De Gea might’ve saved that’ or ‘De Gea might’ve tamely palmed that into the net’ would be more accurate.

Unread 30-07-2020, 11:53 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

or is he just adequate and we don't watch him that much? I've only really seen the goals he's let in and I always think "de gea would have saved that". I don't remember any world class saves.

then again, if he's seen the goals that de gea has let in, he might think otherwise.
He's made a few worldies to be fair this season, looks strong and brave too.

And if you're stat£#%&!er (partial myself), he comes out on top, although there isn't much between them.

Unread 30-07-2020, 12:06 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
He's made a few worldies to be fair this season, looks strong and brave too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCXjskjXpNk

And if you're stat£#%&!er (partial myself), he comes out on top, although there isn't much between them.
regulation stuff. which is good enough. do you have a highlights package of catching crosses and distribution?

tbh, if we could get a wad for de gea and spend it on two midfielders and a centre back, I'd be happy.

Unread 30-07-2020, 12:12 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
regulation stuff. which is good enough. do you have a highlights package of catching crosses and distribution?

tbh, if we could get a wad for de gea and spend it on two midfielders and a centre back, I'd be happy.
Unfortunately not, those sort of things don't seem to warrant enough social media traffic for people to put the effort into making one.

Although according to the Premier League website he's made double the amount of 'high claims' than De Gea (20 to De Gea's 10). I assume that means catching the ball.

Unread 30-07-2020, 12:26 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

This is mostly my thoughts as well. The last day of the season, Henderson was beaten very weakly at his near post against Southampton & I just thought nope. But I guess if we'd of had him in nets for the season & saw De Gea playing for anyone else letting in the sort of shite he's had dribble past him you would never have him at the club either.

Unread 30-07-2020, 01:06 PM
andyroo

Dave has also done some absolute wonder saves this season. He's also dropped some absolute gimmes. Quite often in the same match (v Spurs for instance)

Unread 30-07-2020, 01:52 PM
Chris Quayd

Good to see we've learnt our lesson from handing out massive contracts to players who have done absolutely £#%&! all in the shirt.

Unread 30-07-2020, 02:17 PM
bosskeano

Dave has been a fantastic servant to the club but he hasn't really been challenged for the first team spot and they need to give Dean that chance. Let's see how Dave responds to it.

I do think though some of the pundits are giving Henderson a lot of praise when some it is that he plays behind a very defensive team and system that doesn't give up a lot of shots.

Unread 30-07-2020, 02:50 PM
utd99

There’s no getting away from the fact that De Gea’s trend is £#%&!ing horrible. He’s making more and more fundamental errors which are costing us, and it’s been gradually getting worse since the last WC. I think those mistakes playing for Spain really £#%&!ed his confidence. I’m not sure what a manager can do about that; I mean he’s not Sigmund £#%&!ing Freud.

Romero is a confident guy and would probably make fewer basic errors than De Gea. He also appears to be much more commanding of his area and have better distribution - throwing particularly - but he also probably wouldn’t make as many world class saves as DDG, and it’s at least possible (probable) that he’s weak low and to his right. Once teams figure that out you’re £#%&!ed, just like Hart was low and to his left. He’s played so few games it’s hard to say for sure.

Haven’t watched enough of Henderson to know if he’s the solution, but I know Ole has so I trust him to make the right call.

Unread 09-08-2020, 11:21 AM
ScarFace

That Scottish journo who's Mourinho's pet says Sheffield United have had a bid rejected for a starting keeper. We've offered Henderson a big contract. He will sign if we guarantee he is the starting keeper during pre-season, to be judged on that if he starts in net for the season.

Also said interest in Schmeichel is real

I'd go with Henderson over DeGea. Get him sold to PSG.

Unread 09-08-2020, 11:26 AM
waynes ear's

Chelsea have offered £50 mill for Henderson apparently

Unread 09-08-2020, 11:32 AM
ScarFace

I'd sell £#%&!ing Degea for that.

Unread 09-08-2020, 11:33 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Chelsea have offered £50 mill for Henderson apparently
£#%&! them. I’d rather call him in for a routine medical, put him under then chop his arms off than allow him to go there.

Unread 09-08-2020, 07:18 PM
red in cumbria

Also been reported that he will DEMAND a move from United if he isn't made first choice goalkeeper. Well maybe you could play at least a few games for us first, pal?
Closed Thread