United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-09-2019, 08:56 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
he has a fascinating personality tbh. he has absolutely tunnel vision selfishness and self pity to the point it £#%&!s him up both professionally and socially. maybe explains his gambling problems, he just wants more and more.

he's the kind of guy you would only interact with because he's introduced through someone else. and he would try to compete at everything and invariably leave early or sulk if he feels he loses at something. Anything.
He's killed animals in his spare time nqat

Unread 04-09-2019, 09:02 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
He added: "I didn’t consider myself senior enough to pat David Beckham – twenty times more famous than I was at the time – on the back and say: ‘Keep your chin up, mate,’ either.
Only at the time, Michael?

Unread 04-09-2019, 09:06 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
shame you cant hear it snap, would have as my ringtone

the £#%&!ing dwarf shithouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Never would have had any of them if we’d gotten big Hirsty.
I wanted us to sign him so much

Unread 04-09-2019, 09:14 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Newsflash - nobody is going to actually read your book you demented little pygmy

Unread 04-09-2019, 09:30 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
United's success in '99 was so much about team unity and that fluidity up front. Take out Yorke and Cole and have us based around Shearer and who knows if we're as effective. Plus Shearer struggled in European club football during his peak.

Our failure to win more in Europe was far more about our defence. Maybe if Fergie had got Blanc earlier Or Adams
Failure in defence was probably after we won it. We definitely had an issue taking chances prior to 99.

Unread 04-09-2019, 09:32 PM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
he has a fascinating personality tbh. he has absolutely tunnel vision selfishness and self pity to the point it £#%&!s him up both professionally and socially. maybe explains his gambling problems, he just wants more and more.

he's the kind of guy you would only interact with because he's introduced through someone else. and he would try to compete at everything and invariably leave early or sulk if he feels he loses at something. Anything.
£#%&!ing POTY. #insight

Unread 04-09-2019, 10:50 PM
Brucie

I hope Henry Winter can make things right between Becks and Owen

Unread 05-09-2019, 12:45 AM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Think everyone has MIB'd his cup final equaliser

https://youtu.be/knwEmUoXqFw

Unread 05-09-2019, 01:18 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Failure in defence was probably after we won it. We definitely had an issue taking chances prior to 99.
Yes true, although from what I remember watching through youthful eyes, we were a bit short in many departments. Still managed to stick four past a Porto side many thought were a threat that year

Shearer is an interesting one because his Premier League goal haul is so vast but this is a guy who had his peak in a relatively dire Premier League, so his decision not to move to United means he's fairly unproven at the very highest level.

Unread 05-09-2019, 06:29 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Yes true, although from what I remember watching through youthful eyes, we were a bit short in many departments. Still managed to stick four past a Porto side many thought were a threat that year

Shearer is an interesting one because his Premier League goal haul is so vast but this is a guy who had his peak in a relatively dire Premier League, so his decision not to move to United means he's fairly unproven at the very highest level.
Not sure I get that. The era we’re talking about was United’s peak too. The £#%&!er seemed to score against us constantly. He was a terrifying player.

Unread 05-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Newsflash - nobody is going to actually read your book you demented little pygmy
Really tickled me that has.

Unread 05-09-2019, 08:03 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Not sure I get that. The era we’re talking about was United’s peak too. The £#%&!er seemed to score against us constantly. He was a terrifying player.
I'd argue the PL was at its most competitive across the board in that era up to the mid-2000s.

Unread 05-09-2019, 08:05 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
I hope Henry Winter can make things right between Becks and Owen

I didn’t sleep last night with the worry

Unread 05-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Brucie

Quote:

Jesus Christ...

Unread 05-09-2019, 10:16 AM
My Name is Heath

My first wife used to say that the English expression she heard the most from me was.... 'I £#%&!ing hate Shearer' :-)

He was a magnificent player and adapted his game post injury as well as anyone.

Absolutely churlish to deny he was an incredible PL player.

Him and Cantona together would have been unstoppable.

Jesus - a spine of Schmeichel, Bruce, Pally, Keane, Ince, Cantona and Shearer :-)

Incredible team of winners.

Unread 05-09-2019, 11:36 AM
Buck

Remember seeing these goals from Shearer and thinking ffs. Didn't turn out too bad in the end

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xelr53

Unread 05-09-2019, 12:04 PM
Red Santos

Quote:
Blackburn Rovers Alan Shearer was world class.

Pre 1997 was one of the top strikers in world football.

Only Batistuta and Ronaldo were better than him in that period IMO

Unread 05-09-2019, 12:06 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos

Yep. Prior to his injuries he was pretty incredible tbf.

It was also an era where England had plenty of good options up front and Shearer was a level higher than all of them.

Unread 05-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Paul Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos

Yep, lots of people don’t realise how mobile and quick off the mark he was pre injury.

Unread 05-09-2019, 02:38 PM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Yep. Prior to his injuries he was pretty incredible tbf.

It was also an era where England had plenty of good options up front and Shearer was a level higher than all of them.
The fact he was ahead of Cole, Fowler, Ferdinand and Wright is pretty good in itself

I'd include Collymore but, I don't want to
Closed Thread