United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:12 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I don't like the look of that lineup at all

Gomes being wasted scoring worldies in the reserves and Mata gets to replace Lingard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Gomes is fast becoming Rodrigo Possebon-like in his magnificence in the first team I see..
Tuanzebe, Chong and Greenwood on the bench.

Watch the £#%&!ing reserves if that's all you're interested in.

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Gomes is fast becoming Rodrigo Possebon-like in his magnificence in the first team I see..
Yup, three games into the season and fans are on the managers back for not playing a kid with 3 games to his name despite us having the youngest starting XI in the league, modern football

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
And 3 youth players on the bench everyone has been crying out to be given a chance. Yet having them there is now classed as horrific.

Some seem to think we’re weaker because smalling, fellaini, lukaku and Sanchez aren’t available instead

The same people would also be moaning if those 4 players were in the squad today with the youth players nowhere to be seen. I’ve even heard some being negative abut the 4-0 win against Chelsea and a draw away to wolves. It’s a habit of mind. Always a negative spin and a whinge.
I think most are just tired of us having a shite, uninspiring squad tbf. A squad which will be miles off the top for the 7th season running. Two injuries and the team is already looking wafer thin in terms of quality.

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:16 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I think most are just tired of us having a shite, uninspiring squad tbf. A squad which will be miles off the top for the 7th season running. Two injuries and the team is already looking wafer thin in terms of quality.
Two injuries and we get the youth team dream.

Can't have it both ways.

This is real seat of the pants stuff and I'm looking forward to it.

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:19 PM
dunk

This is where the patience is required tbh. It’s also where we discover whether Ole can mould a side that isn’t completely reliant on moments of brilliance, but instead plays to a plan that works. Then we can start adding those capable of brilliance once the ones that can’t play to a plan are weeded out because their blushes are no longer saved by others.

Or something along those lines. It’s far too early for coherent thought tbf.

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Tuanzebe, Chong and Greenwood on the bench.

Watch the £#%&!ing reserves if that's all you're interested in.

I'd just like to see Gomes, who has looked very impressive given a chance in the first team over Mata, who has been uninspiring for the past 12 months.

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:21 PM
dunk

Quote:

I'd just like to see Gomes, who has looked very impressive given a chance in the first team over Mata, who has been uninspiring for the past 12 months.
When has he looked very impressive?

Don’t got me wrong, I’m a huge championer of the youth, but I keep reading how impressive this kid is, and I’ve not seen much, if anything to confirm it..

Not seen anything from him at U23 level that I didn’t see more of from Pereira for instance..

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:24 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
When has he looked very impressive?

Don’t got me wrong, I’m a huge championer of the youth, but I keep reading how impressive this kid is, and I’ve not seen much, if anything to confirm it..
Pre-season and reserves. When has he looked impressive for the first team? Well we don't know because he doesn't get the chance.

I can't remember the last time Mata particularly impressed for the first team tbh.

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Pre-season and reserves. When has he looked impressive for the first team, well we don't know because he doesn't get the chance.

I can't remember the last time Mata particularly impressed for the first team tbh.
I wouldn’t play Mata for the U23’s tbf.

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:25 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
I wouldn’t play Mata for the U23’s tbf.
Neither would I.

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:25 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
This is where the patience is required tbh. It’s also where we discover whether Ole can mould a side that isn’t completely reliant on moments of brilliance, but instead plays to a plan that works. Then we can start adding those capable of brilliance once the ones that can’t play to a plan are weeded out because their blushes are no longer saved by others.

Possibly, probably. As I've just posted elsewhere, strong stomachs needed for this season. Clear out has begun, a few decent signings made. Squad is short though, nor argument from me there, so keeping most crossed that a few key players stay injury free otherwise.....

Also, trying to stay hopeful that one or two (maybe three or four) do break into the first team and really impress over the season. Too long a season to be £#%&!ing negative from the off, plenty of time for that.

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:30 PM
ZiggyStardust

Mata starting away from home against a high energy team
Yeah that’s going to go well

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Possibly, probably. As I've just posted elsewhere, strong stomachs needed for this season. Clear out has begun, a few decent signings made. Squad is short though, nor argument from me there, so keeping most crossed that a few key players stay injury free otherwise.....

Also, trying to stay hopeful that one or two (maybe three or four) do break into the first team and really impress over the season. Too long a season to be £#%&!ing negative from the off, plenty of time for that.

Yep, it’s going to be a rocky ride. Better than watching the same shit go through the motions though. We absolutely need some of these kids to become first team quality, we can’t afford to buy enough players to replace everyone in the squad

Getting them all pulling in the same direction, playing with a recognisable style and consistent fitness and effort will do. If they come up short due to lack of cover/quality it’ll be shit, but take it on the chin and move on.

That said, that was my view under LvG until the bitter end, and what we were getting, so we’re going to have to hope 90% of the support have learned some valuable lessons from that period..

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:34 PM
My Name is Keith

Thumbs up

Quote:

Put another way, this is when we all have to become supporters.

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:34 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
That's the one.

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:35 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
And that most have forgotten how.

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Mata starting away from home against a high energy team
Yeah that’s going to go well
Especially if The Scottish Player ignores him in a great position and kicks it over the bar instead.

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:36 PM
Cream

Quote:

Be patient.

DId that @#%&! just stand on Rashford's arm?

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:38 PM
dunk

Pereira has let the ball run 3 times and lost it. Looks absolutely lost.

Pogba been foiled 5 times already

Unread 31-08-2019, 12:39 PM
Cream

Quote:
Pereira has let the ball run 3 times and lost it. Looks absolutely lost.

Pogba been foiled 5 times already
Louise??