United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-12-2022, 11:30 AM
Ethers

Football Louis Van Gaal : The Documentary

Not sure if I’ve seen a thread about this on here yet, but it’s now available on Prime.

It’s a stunning and emotional watch. And very very funny at times. What a bloke he is.

Features cameos from EtH, Wazza and Daley Blind amongst others.

Can’t find a trailer that has English subs, the one on Prime does obviously. And a lot of it is in English anyway.

Ideal watch before the big man makes history tonight

Unread 09-12-2022, 11:34 AM
92ToBury

Big fella fighting prostate cancer on the quiet for a while. Finally told the Dutch national team in April. Good luck with the fight.

Unread 09-12-2022, 12:17 PM
Joe Biden

As a man I love him, the way he treaded the English gutter media was a sight to behold. No doubt he's a fantastic manager also but £#%&! me his United team were absolute torture to watch at times. Will always have a soft spot for the guy though.

Unread 09-12-2022, 12:24 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
As a man I love him, the way he treaded the English gutter media was a sight to behold. No doubt he's a fantastic manager also but £#%&! me his United team were absolute torture to watch at times. Will always have a soft spot for the guy though.
Pretty much this

Top guy. Top manager. But £#%&!ing hell, we were dull to watch the majority of the time.

he might have been building something but we'll never know. torn between if we should have given him another season, but regardless woodward was a @#%&! to him.

Unread 09-12-2022, 12:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Man what a day.....

Thanks for the heads up ...

Unread 09-12-2022, 12:44 PM
Joe Biden

Unread 09-12-2022, 12:51 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Was a £#%&!ing disgrace how the club got rid of him just after we'd won the FA Cup.

Unread 09-12-2022, 12:54 PM
Jethro

An all time favourite manager. Something was being built whether you liked him or not. He was sadly never going to win the fight against the suits.

Unread 09-12-2022, 12:59 PM
Ethers

The United parts made me quite emotional tbh.

There’s one but where’s he looking on his laptop at a photo of him looking magnificent in his club blazer on a match day at old Trafford, saying how much he loves this photo. Got it up on his office wall, along with one celebrating the FA Cup win.

Rooney saying that in his entire time at United they’d never worked on team shape before Van Gaal

The story of how he was sacked is absolutely shameful, especially hearing it from the horses mouth. Rooney said the most impressive thing was he still came in the next morning and talked about plans and schedules for pre-season as normal, until it was made official.

Unread 09-12-2022, 01:00 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
An all time favourite manager. Something was being built whether you liked him or not. He was sadly never going to win the fight against the suits.
This.

Getting pillaged by Liverpool and watching city pass the ball around amongst themselves for 90 minutes under Solskjaer was pretty dull.

Unread 09-12-2022, 02:39 PM
est.1878

If you locked me in a room till 2023 with only this, crystanbul and the arsenal seeth gifs I doubt it'd get tired

Unread 09-12-2022, 03:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
If you locked me in a room till 2023 with only this, crystanbul and the arsenal seeth gifs I doubt it'd get tired

Ahead of his time.

Unread 09-12-2022, 03:54 PM
puressence

Favourite ever manager after ole. Fact

Unread 09-12-2022, 04:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Favourite ever manager after ole. Fact
Think he was before Ole, mate.

Unread 09-12-2022, 04:56 PM
suedeshoes

Never liked him. Seems like a right #@&%!. Strikes me as a bully. And he looks proper weird.

Unread 09-12-2022, 05:06 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Never liked him. Seems like a right d***head. Strikes me as a bully. And he looks proper weird.
I think that's because he's socially awkward and thinks journalists are morons. Plus he's not great at speaking foreign languages (one of the reasons the press in Barcelona really hated him) but there's a fair bit of arrogance too, sure

Unread 09-12-2022, 07:50 PM
armchair

Just finished it. What an absolute titan of a man.

Unread 09-12-2022, 11:45 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Never liked him. Seems like a right #@&%!. Strikes me as a bully. And he looks proper weird.
I don’t dislike him and think he was a good manager at one point in time and he seems a right character which is good for the game, but I don’t get the ott admiration tbh.

Great that he’s kicked cancers arse (twice?) and wish his all the best. Just don’t get the school boy fanfare quite a few seem to have.

I bet this is a good watch though.

Unread 10-12-2022, 12:37 AM
Pop

Career highlight imo...

Drunken old sod

Unread 10-12-2022, 01:01 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I don’t dislike him and think he was a good manager at one point in time and he seems a right character which is good for the game, but I don’t get the ott admiration tbh.

Great that he’s kicked cancers arse (twice?) and wish his all the best. Just don’t get the school boy fanfare quite a few seem to have.

I bet this is a good watch though.
This for me too. Red hipsters.
Closed Thread