United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-11-2022, 04:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
It doesn’t work like that because player power has taken precedence over the manager’s authority in recent years. Not just with us, but across a lot of the big clubs. It can be changed though. Pogba is a good example of a player who thought he was worth more and ended up on less than what we offered him.

Just take a firm stand, outline why they’re not getting an increase and let them take their chances elsewhere if theyre not happy with what we offer. Before long, we’ll have some of the chancers in the squad coming back with their tails between their legs when they realise no other club will pay them what we pay them.

It’s risky, but I’m past caring at this point. I can’t say I sit there nervous at the prospect of losing Marcus Rashford. Quite the opposite, actually.
Don’t disagree at all, mate. We have the option of letting these contracts run down, Ala Pogba, but didn’t he say he was offered a new deal? I’d be surprised if the terms of that new deal were LESS than what he’s on. That’s the point: if we are offering new deals, they won’t be less money or even the same money. The alternative is not offering a new deal, which is what we need to do more often.

Unread 07-11-2022, 04:47 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Don’t disagree at all, mate. We have the option of letting these contracts run down, Ala Pogba, but didn’t he say he was offered a new deal? I’d be surprised if the terms of that new deal were LESS than what he’s on. That’s the point: if we are offering new deals, they won’t be less money or even the same money. The alternative is not offering a new deal, which is what we need to do more often.
That Pog-umentary () had him being offered the same wages & he was in Ashley Cole territory (despite being in the back seat being chauffeured tbf) stating "nope, never heard that before" thinking he'd of course be entitled to an automatic massive increase on his wage because that's what almost all clubs do.

Rashford is on £200k a week by all accounts, most Google search results concur.

That's the same money as Harry Kane

I'd offer Spurs a swap & give them £50m.

Unread 07-11-2022, 04:49 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
It doesn’t work like that because player power has taken precedence over the manager’s authority in recent years. Not just with us, but across a lot of the big clubs. It can be changed though. Pogba is a good example of a player who thought he was worth more and ended up on less than what we offered him.

Just take a firm stand, outline why they’re not getting an increase and let them take their chances elsewhere if theyre not happy with what we offer. Before long, we’ll have some of the chancers in the squad coming back with their tails between their legs when they realise no other club will pay them what we pay them.

It’s risky, but I’m past caring at this point. I can’t say I sit there nervous at the prospect of losing Marcus Rashford. Quite the opposite, actually.
Absolutely this. De Gea's already said he's willing to take a pay cut.

Pogba had no choice and Lingard's having his only ever season on 200k per week in the Premier League. They've had a good run under Woodward's era of Glazernomics and now it's over, they've got to earn their wages instead.

Unread 07-11-2022, 04:52 PM
dunk

That’s because Dave’s next stop is Getafe or some shit hole mid table outfit in Spain to waste away for the rest of his days.

Unread 07-11-2022, 06:09 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

The money is just telephone numbers in the game these days, hopefully, they'll turn him into the footballer he should be, a player as good as Andrew Cole was

Unread 08-12-2022, 06:52 PM
Pop

PSG want him...

Quote:
PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi confirms to Sky Sports his interest in signing Marcus Rashford for free next year.

"Marcus Rashford is an amazing player, and for free? Every club will go after him. Definitely we will, we're not hiding it. We spoke before but it was not a good moment for both sides, we will again".

Unread 08-12-2022, 07:08 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
PSG want him...
Fingers crossed

Unread 08-12-2022, 09:01 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
PSG want him...
Please please please.....

Unread 08-12-2022, 10:15 PM
windy waffles

He's improved this season, looks more determined, but won't piss the bedsheets if he turned up in Paris wearing a beret and a garlic necklace next season.

Unread 08-12-2022, 10:24 PM
ryanMUFC

I think it would be a pretty bad experience for him.

Language barrier, poor league, competitive squad, etc.

He could quite easily stay at United for another 4 seasons and be hit and miss.. if he’s inconsistent there.. they’ll replace him after a season, he’d spend a season on the bench and they get rid.

Unread 08-12-2022, 11:09 PM
Sparky***

he's not going to PSG ffs

United will offer him a new deal

Unread 09-12-2022, 10:07 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
he's not going to PSG ffs

United will offer him a new deal
Probably give him £350k per week on a five year deal.

Unread 09-12-2022, 10:09 AM
Bunker Buster

New deal at United please...

Rashers

I know Paris is closer to you guys down south, but some of us still like to see him play at old Trafford....

Unread 09-12-2022, 10:19 AM
puressence

So it’s openly fine to talk about other teams players like the owner of psg. Always presumed it was an unwritten law you didn’t. Hope Erik £#%&!ing hammers the @#%&! next pressie

Unread 09-12-2022, 10:22 AM
Joe Biden

I'd be willing to keep him if he actually looked capable of beating that scouse bastard Rooneys record.

Unread 24-02-2023, 10:26 AM
Dr Stranger

Uh-oh

Unread 24-02-2023, 10:38 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Ah crap. Hopefully it’s just a knock. He walked off so it’s a good sign.

Unread 24-02-2023, 10:39 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Ah crap. Hopefully it’s just a knock. He walked off so it’s a good sign.
It looked like Ten Hag asked him how he was and he said he was ok

Unread 24-02-2023, 10:42 AM
AK14

Got a bad feeling he’s out of the cup final

You know what that means…

Big Tone to score the winner on Sunday

Unread 24-02-2023, 10:56 AM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Got a bad feeling he’s out of the cup final

You know what that means…