United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 26-01-2019, 09:35 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
What tune?

Unfortunate title.

Unread 26-01-2019, 09:47 AM
Lodestar

Before the game l had the expectation we'd win, whereas under Jose l'd of braced for a defeat. Ole's dropping them videos of vintage United counter attacking - Mou would have banned that shit.

They're playing with structure, purpose and shifting the ball forward. After 8 games l also think he knows his strongest team with the current personnel.

Above all we've got some pride back and sense of who we are, after the three previous managers tried to erase it to show they were bigger than Ferguson.

A defeat now would just increase the love and togetherness - something we've lacked.

20Legend.

Unread 26-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Big Ron

Unread 26-01-2019, 09:54 AM
Clownbones

Given the circumstances, I think that was our best result under Ole.

We rode our luck a little at spurs and a flat performance last week had one or two worrying the bubble was bursting.

Spurs and Brighton dominating midway through the second half was a pattern of losing control of games and not reacting.

Something similar was unfolding last night just before and after half time, but we managed it much better.

The quality football will get all the attention, but I thought we saw out the game much more maturely than we have in previous weeks.

In the end, we were comfortable and there was a gulf between us a side that has been above us all season.

Unread 26-01-2019, 10:01 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Given the circumstances, I think that was our best result under Ole.

We rode our luck a little at spurs and a flat performance last week had one or two worrying the bubble was bursting.

Spurs and Brighton dominating midway through the second half was a pattern of losing control of games and not reacting.

Something similar was unfolding last night just before and after half time, but we managed it much better.

The quality football will get all the attention, but I thought we saw out the game much more maturely than we have in previous weeks.

In the end, we were comfortable and there was a gulf between us a side that has been above us all season.
Agreed. They used the ball in the last 25 mins and prevented Arsenal building pressure. Mou would have gone for a defensive substitution at that stage and we'd have conceded. Completely different approach : get the 3rd goal.

Unread 26-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Agreed. They used the ball in the last 25 mins and prevented Arsenal building pressure. Mou would have gone for a defensive substitution at that stage and we'd have conceded. Completely different approach : get the 3rd goal.
Exactly.

I'll be interested to see how we respond to going behind.

Not only are we 100%, we haven't even conceded the first goal or an equaliser!

Unread 26-01-2019, 10:03 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder

*Lose*

Unread 26-01-2019, 10:54 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Lose. Needless apostrophe.

Delete, Ashley.

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:05 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Exactly.

I’m more interested in how he manages the last 5 minutes of a typical league game if we’re drawing. Fergie’s the only manager I’ve known who’d take massive risks to try and win in such situations. Which I think is the right thing for a united manager to do given we’re usually the better team and it’s 3 points for a win.

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:07 AM
Clownbones

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I’m more interested in how he manages the last 5 minutes of a typical league game if we’re drawing. Fergie’s the only manager I’ve known who’d take massive risks to try and win in such situations. Which I think is the right thing for a united manager to do given we’re usually the better team and it’s 3 points for a win.
Let's hope we're losing with five minutes to go soon.

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
I said drawing.

Unread 26-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I said drawing.
Lighten up.

Unread 26-01-2019, 12:11 PM
puressence

Still pissed still buzzing

Unread 26-01-2019, 12:29 PM
My Name is Heath

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Still pissed still buzzing

Haven’t seen this much buzzing since that University Challenge marathon.

Unread 26-01-2019, 01:26 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Exactly.

Ole might be onto something with this novel ‘not completely shitting yourselves every time the opposition gets the ball’ approach.

Unread 26-01-2019, 09:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Ole might be onto something with this novel ‘not completely shitting yourselves every time the opposition gets the ball’ approach.
Which didn't start with our previous manager, it must be said.......

Unread 27-01-2019, 12:38 AM
sa7

Regarding Sanchez, who’d have thought that playing him more centrally and getting him the ball in the box would result in goals?

Remarkable stuff

Unread 27-01-2019, 12:57 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Regarding Sanchez, who’d have thought that playing him more centrally and getting him the ball in the box would result in goals?

Remarkable stuff
Imagine having to accommodate Woodward's signings though. Mou Mou only sanctioned the roaring successes like... err...?

Unread 27-01-2019, 09:18 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Imagine having to accommodate Woodward's signings though. Mou Mou only sanctioned the roaring successes like... err...?
Dalot, Bailly, Lindeløf.

Good chance if big Bailly stays injury free that 75% of our backline in the coming years will be Mou Mou boys. Must drive you crazy huh.

Matic awesome. Fred god knows what will happen, obviously talented but may need a year to bed into english footy.

Lukaku and Pogba pricey but could and should fulfil their potential as they reach their peak in the coming years. Either way we will make profits on both if we sell today.
Closed Thread