United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-03-2019, 11:39 AM
Coracao

Chiesa would be a good signing for the wide positions. Ready to make the step up to a bigger club.

Unread 09-03-2019, 11:56 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Chiesa would be a good signing for the wide positions. Ready to make the step up to a bigger club.
Is his old man Enrico?

Unread 09-03-2019, 12:00 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Is his old man Enrico?
Yep.

Unread 09-03-2019, 12:30 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Right back.
Beast of a cb
See how The Scottish Player and Fred progress re defensive minded midfielder
And right winger

Unread 09-03-2019, 01:02 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep.
Used to love him back in the day.

Chiesa, Ventola, Batigol

Sessions.

Unread 09-03-2019, 02:30 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I’m not so sure Chong will make the grade tbh? We need to find out though so hopefully he gets plenty of games, hopefully I’m wrong.

Agree on Sanchez, we’re stuck with him for a while

China perhaps? Like you say I can’t see many taking him, he looks done at the top level.
Doubt Chong is ready to step up next season, at least. Would imagine he may go out somewhere for regular games. One thing we lack are genuine options who won't completely disrupt the football we are trying to play. Mata for example is completely the wrong fit, tho he does offer something different. Strange situation with Lukaku really, best goalscorer we have, yet debatable whether he is kept.

Wouldn't bother with a new right back. Dalot needs to start playing every week, and the we also have some good options who are even younger than him, namely Laird. Plus, Young. I think left back is a more pressing concern.

CB, LB, CM, Winger are the positions I think we really need to add to, in no order.

Unread 09-03-2019, 02:33 PM
dunk

Unread 09-03-2019, 02:37 PM
AK14

Quote:
Doubt Chong is ready to step up next season, at least. Would imagine he may go out somewhere for regular games. One thing we lack are genuine options who won't completely disrupt the football we are trying to play. Mata for example is completely the wrong fit, tho he does offer something different. Strange situation with Lukaku really, best goalscorer we have, yet debatable whether he is kept.

Wouldn't bother with a new right back. Dalot needs to start playing every week, and the we also have some good options who are even younger than him, namely Laird. Plus, Young. I think left back is a more pressing concern.

CB, LB, CM, Winger are the positions I think we really need to add to, in no order.
Yeah left back is where I’d like to strengthen too, for the reasons you’ve said. Competition for Shaw would hopefully push him on even more.

I’d like to see Dalot get a run of games this season to see if he could make rb position his own.

As for CB I’d be happy if we went into next season with Smalling and Linders as first choice tbh. Smalling as totally proven me wrong since he’s come back and I can’t see us selling Jones, so would be happy with Tuanzabe replacing Rojo for now. Would let us go big for a CM and RW...

Unless De Ligt is at all gettable

Quote:
United eventually paid £19million - the same fee Ruud van Nistelrooy commanded in 2001 - for Dalot, slightly more than his Porto release clause to see off competition

Unread 10-03-2019, 07:42 PM
AK14

Do we need a clinical goal scorer more than any other position?

Some one who’ll score 20+ every season.

Pogba is currently our top scorer (I think).

Unread 10-03-2019, 07:43 PM
dunk

Quote:

Some one who’ll score 20+ every season.

Pogba is currently our top scorer (I think).
Lukaku is top scorer

Unread 10-03-2019, 07:46 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Lukaku is top scorer
Ah, fair enough.

But is he scoring enough, will he get us 20+ a season?

Just had a look and Lukaku is on 15, Pogba 14, Martial and Rashers on 11.

Unread 10-03-2019, 09:05 PM
jem

Quote:
no. we need a couple of defensive midfielders. still.

Unread 10-03-2019, 09:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no. we need a couple of defensive midfielders. still.
Pack it in Jose.

Unread 10-03-2019, 10:18 PM
saffers

Quote:
Pack it in Jose.
Yep yep

would win it all

Unread 10-03-2019, 10:30 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Ah, fair enough.

But is he scoring enough, will he get us 20+ a season?

Just had a look and Lukaku is on 15, Pogba 14, Martial and Rashers on 11.
He has in each of the last 4 season's, and got close in the ones before that, when he was a teenager.

I'd be tempted to give him another year. We spent a lot, he's young, and seems motivated. 3 weeks ago I'd have said different but I think he deserves another year to stake a claim

Unread 10-03-2019, 10:45 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He has in each of the last 4 season's, and got close in the ones before that, when he was a teenager.

I'd be tempted to give him another year. We spent a lot, he's young, and seems motivated. 3 weeks ago I'd have said different but I think he deserves another year to stake a claim
This.

Martial. Rashford. Lukaku. Lingard.

A replacement for Sanchez is the only thing we need from an attacking POV.

Hugely impressed with Greenwood today. Great touch and don’t think he wasted a ball.

Unread 10-03-2019, 10:55 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
This.

Martial. Rashford. Lukaku. Lingard.

A replacement for Sanchez is the only thing we need from an attacking POV.

Hugely impressed with Greenwood today. Great touch and don’t think he wasted a ball.
Depends how we are actually going to set up longer term. Still think we lack a genuine wide player. A reason for our success under Fergie for me was our ability to stretch the play. They all want to come inside in this side. Then you are reliant on fullbacks. Dalot to his credit actually looks like he has some composure in the final third. Shaw needs to improve a fair bit.

Unread 10-03-2019, 11:03 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Depends how we are actually going to set up longer term. Still think we lack a genuine wide player. A reason for our success under Fergie for me was our ability to stretch the play. They all want to come inside in this side. Then you are reliant on fullbacks. Dalot to his credit actually looks like he has some composure in the final third. Shaw needs to improve a fair bit.
Yup, it’s something The Virus was right on when he was looking at Perisic.

With hindsight it’s a shame we didn’t keep Zaha.

Spot on. We need a wide guy.

Unread 11-03-2019, 06:02 AM
jem

Quote:
Pack it in Jose.
I hate him and his style of football (yes, I know). having a more balanced team isn't negative. the midfield has been neglected.

Unread 11-03-2019, 08:32 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I hate him and his style of football (yes, I know). having a more balanced team isn't negative. the midfield has been neglected.
It hasn't. We have just continually signed poorly. We have signed around 6 in recent years.
Closed Thread