United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-03-2019, 06:18 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Did you?

Re the above, if you have a prodigiously gifted 17 year old, you maybe think twice about signing a prodigiously gifted 18 year old who would occupy similar status or roles in the side. We have Rashford and Martial for the frontline. If you believe in Greenwood then Sancho is a less of a priority.

...............................De Gea......................
Dalot..............De Ligt...Lindelof......Shaw
...............................Neves.............. ...........
...................J Felix/Jesse.....Pogba............
Costa/Rashford/Greenwood/Rom/Martial

Options would be interesting. Perhaps keep Juanito around for cameos.

If Sancho signs I wouldn't be distraught btw

Can’t play 14 players mate

Unread 08-03-2019, 06:18 PM
AK14

Thumbs up

Quote:
Did you?

Re the above, if you have a prodigiously gifted 17 year old, you maybe think twice about signing a prodigiously gifted 18 year old who would occupy similar status or roles in the side. We have Rashford and Martial for the frontline. If you believe in Greenwood then Sancho is a less of a priority.

Ah, so you’re just talking %@#$&!s as usual.

Carry on.

Unread 08-03-2019, 06:19 PM
messhead

Quote:
Did you?

Sancho is an out and out winger and we do need an upgrade in that position big time. Having sancho on the roster alongside greenwood, Rashford and martial would be great I think, though I do understand your rationale and would agree if sancho were anything other than a right winger.

Unread 08-03-2019, 06:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Ah, so you’re just talking %@#$&!s as usual.

Carry on.
No just that we don't have to have this black and white posting %@#$&!s when discussing football pal.

I thought you'd have learned from the Mou debacle ffs.

Unread 08-03-2019, 06:26 PM
AK14

Quote:
No just that we don't have to have this black and white posting %@#$&!s when discussing football pal.

I thought you'd have learned from the Mou debacle ffs.
Reported.

Unread 08-03-2019, 06:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Sancho is an out and out winger and we do need an upgrade in that position big time. Having sancho on the roster alongside greenwood, Rashford and martial would be great I think, though I do understand your rationale and would agree if sancho were anything other than a right winger.
Maybe by modern standards, but he comes inside and scores goals. Not too dissimilar to Martial really. I get the positional aspect, but he simply narrows the options for Greenwood given that Pogba almost obliges 4-3-3 long term and we already have Rashford and Martial.

Nobody will be crying if he arrives, but maybe if we see Ole experimenting with Mason and Chong more over the coming weeks we'll get a better idea of how necessary it is. Let's not rule out Dalot as an attacking option higher on the right either.

Unread 08-03-2019, 07:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Didn’t do Ronny any harm tbf
Exceptions to every rule.

Unread 08-03-2019, 08:08 PM
AK14

Sancho, Jesse, Chong for RW
Rashers, Rom, Greenwood for CF
Martial, Sancho, Chong for LW

50 games in a season (injuries, Suspensions etc)

They’d all get plenty of games

Unread 08-03-2019, 08:34 PM
d_knight

Bread, milk, potatoes, carrots, onions...

Unread 08-03-2019, 08:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Sancho, Jesse, Chong for RW
Rashers, Rom, Greenwood for CF
Martial, Sancho, Chong for LW

50 games in a season (injuries, Suspensions etc)

They’d all get plenty of games

Seven players into three places almost inevitably means some won't get plenty of games tbf.

We're allowed to disagree on stuff, mate. It's okay.

Unread 08-03-2019, 09:04 PM
AK14

Quote:
Seven players into three places almost inevitably means some won't get plenty of games tbf.

We're allowed to disagree on stuff, mate. It's okay.
Squad game these days and you need quality options, something we haven’t had for a while tbf.

That’s rich coming from you

Unread 08-03-2019, 09:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Squad game these days and you need quality options, something we haven’t had for a while tbf.

That’s rich coming from you
Just went and won in Paris with our back-up centre-forward and without Martial. Didn't even have little Juanito. Our options are decent. Adding another player and hoping to nurture a potential worldy in Greenwood will bloat that end a little.

Also have to budget. Would you put Sancho before other areas, given he'd cost £100m or so?

Unread 08-03-2019, 09:15 PM
AK14

Quote:
Just went and won in Paris with our back-up centre-forward and without Martial tbf. Adding another players and hoping to nurture a potential worldy in Greenwood will bloat that end a little.

Also have to budget. Would you put Sancho before other areas, given he'd cost £100m or so?
Greenwood is a different player to Sancho and not just in where he plays. Greenwood would be competing with Rashford and Lukaku mainly. I don’t think we can turn our nose up at Sancho (who has shown he’s ready for first team football) if he is available just because we have a talented 17 year old in the reserves.

Well that’s the thing ain’t it, we do need a RW tbf. But if it would mean a massive compromise in other positions you’d have to re think it.

I’d much prefer having Sancho on the RW and let the other kids compete with him than another Sanchez situation tbh.

Unread 08-03-2019, 09:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Greenwood is a different player to Sancho and not just in where he plays. Greenwood would be competing with Rashford and Lukaku mainly. I don’t think we can turn our nose up at Sancho (who has shown he’s ready for first team football) if he is available just because we have a talented 17 year old in the reserves.

Well that’s the thing ain’t it, we do need a RW tbf. But if it would mean a massive compromise in other positions you’d have to re think it.

I’d much prefer having Sancho on the RW and let the other kids compete with him than another Sanchez situation tbh.
I get that but ultimately if you have Martial and Rashy and then a talent like Greenwood is there you find a way to fit them together. That's perhaps part of my issue with the Sancho thing. I think we're already going to maybe have to do some balancing acts.

Either way it's going to be a very fluid attack. Greenwood's almost total ability to use both feet will help him find different roles.

Unread 08-03-2019, 09:34 PM
AK14

Quote:
I get that but ultimately if you have Martial and Rashy and then a talent like Greenwood is there you find a way to fit them together. That's perhaps part of my issue with the Sancho thing. I think we're already going to maybe have to do some balancing acts.

Either way it's going to be a very fluid attack. Greenwood's almost total ability to use both feet will help him find different roles.
It’d be nice headache to have for the manager though?

Being able to rotate players and not lose any fluidity or compromise the way you play would be nice too. How many times have we looked at our bench over the last few years and seen very little creativity?

A talent like Sancho doesn’t come around often, we’d be mad to pass on him imo.

Unread 08-03-2019, 09:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
It’d be nice headache to have for the manager though?

Being able to rotate players and not lose any fluidity or compromise the way you play would be nice too. How many times have we looked at our bench over the last few years and seen very little creativity?

A talent like Sancho doesn’t come around often, we’d be mad to pass on him imo.
Plenty although if the club believe in Chong and Mason that helps. Agree we could do with another attacking option, especially someone with pace who can beat a man 1v1 the way Sancho can. I don't think he should be in a rush to leave Dortmund anyway. Maybe interest from other clubs could force our hand if we rate him that highly.

Plus I have the feeling we will really struggle to get rid of Sanchez this summer. Who will realistically take him?

Unread 08-03-2019, 09:45 PM
AK14

Quote:
Plenty although if the club believe in Chong and Mason that helps. Agree we could do with another attacking option, especially someone with pace who can beat a man 1v1 the way Sancho can. I don't think he should be in a rush to leave Dortmund anyway. Maybe interest from other clubs could force our hand if we rate him that highly.

Plus I have the feeling we will really struggle to get rid of Sanchez this summer. Who will realistically take him?
I’m not so sure Chong will make the grade tbh? We need to find out though so hopefully he gets plenty of games, hopefully I’m wrong.

Agree on Sanchez, we’re stuck with him for a while

China perhaps? Like you say I can’t see many taking him, he looks done at the top level.

Unread 08-03-2019, 09:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I’m not so sure Chong will make the grade tbh? We need to find out though so hopefully he gets plenty of games, hopefully I’m wrong.

Agree on Sanchez, we’re stuck with him for a while

China perhaps? Like you say I can’t see many taking him, he looks done at the top level.
The Chinese are pulling the money in. I think they implemented a 100% tax on the clubs so anyone taking over Sanchez on £500k per week would have to pay £1m per week. I reckon he'll manage to get another year out of us before we do something mad like pay him to go away.

Unread 08-03-2019, 09:53 PM
barkabal

get rid of matic
new CB
new RWB
sell mata, bailly
new enforcer

Unread 09-03-2019, 12:41 AM
MagnificentSeven

right winger
defensive midfielder
centre back (sorry bailly but it has to be done )
possibly a new right back but i have faith dalot can prosper in that role, just needs to work on his defensive game

sancho, neves and de ligt will do me.

sort those positions out and we will be very close.
Closed Thread