United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 16-04-2023, 07:58 AM
Hyman_Roth

Can’t see the link between Carlyle and a contractor in their portfolio building a new stadium at all. For one, I can’t find any uk stadium contractors in their portfolio. The stadium, if it’s redeveloped, will be delivered by an established tier 1 contractor and it would be highly unusual if it wasn’t competitively tendered.

If Carlyle are interested in united, it will purely be from an investment return pov. I can’t imagine marginal profits arising from a stadium construction contract will be on their radar.

Unread 16-04-2023, 09:32 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Are you okay pal? Have you had a shandy or two?
Hes right though.

He would have evaluated the squad from afar and identified players who he would want to bring in regardless if it was official or not.

You're just being obtuse.

Unread 16-04-2023, 10:02 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Hes right though.

He would have evaluated the squad from afar and identified players who he would want to bring in regardless if it was official or not.

You're just being obtuse.
I was on about the bit about bullying you.

He would have made some evaluation of the squad and what was needed of course, but that was part of his interview process anyway.

I highly doubt that before even being given the job officially he was working with detailed budgets and financial outlooks. But yes, fair enough, he would have been making some sort of broad plan.

The initial point though was that he can’t do that this year because he doesn’t know the budget he’s working with. I don’t think that’s true at all.

Unread 16-04-2023, 10:49 AM
Coracao

It will surely be the same as any other year. E.G. a list of targets for each position identified, if you can't get the top one, move down the list.

Unread 16-04-2023, 01:44 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
I was on about the bit about bullying you.

He would have made some evaluation of the squad and what was needed of course, but that was part of his interview process anyway.

I highly doubt that before even being given the job officially he was working with detailed budgets and financial outlooks. But yes, fair enough, he would have been making some sort of broad plan.

The initial point though was that he can’t do that this year because he doesn’t know the budget he’s working with. I don’t think that’s true at all.
So what i said was right then?

I never mentioned detailed budgets. He knew which players he would probably havenl ideally wanted though.

Ps - i don't consider you a bully. Only bully on here is ned and occasionally bunks.

Unread 16-04-2023, 01:53 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

I never mentioned detailed budgets. He knew which players he would probably havenl ideally wanted though.

Ps - i don't consider you a bully. Only bully on here is ned and occasionally bunks.
“Rent free”

Unread 16-04-2023, 02:07 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Probably pal, I can’t remember what you said originally tbf, I think I was replying to Erictheking, the guy with the fat lad avatar.

I really don’t think the bids etc are going to mean that transfer planning is in a worse place than this time last year basically.

Unread 16-04-2023, 02:11 PM
AK14

We’d surely have a different budget depending on who the owners are?

I’m guessing there’s a long list of targets but we can’t put the work into all of them until we know the exact budget?

Unread 17-04-2023, 03:29 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

The Glazers are increasingly confident of securing the outside investment that will enable them to remain as Manchester United owners, ESPN are reporting.

According to the report, Joel and Avram Glazer believe the potential for organic growth over the next decade could see the club's value double and make United worth at least £10bn.

The giant American financial investor Carlyle is in talks about a major investment in the club.

Sky News reported that Carlyle is among a handful of parties that have pitched proposals to acquire a minority stake in the Old Trafford outfit.

A bid deadline of April 28 has been set by The Raine Group, the merchant bank handling the sale, and which oversaw last year's £2.5bn takeover of Chelsea by a consortium led by Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital.
Quelle surprise...

Unread 17-04-2023, 03:39 PM
Bunker Buster

No Qatar

Unread 17-04-2023, 03:46 PM
naes_sean

Unread 17-04-2023, 03:53 PM
AK14

Well that’s just fantastic news isn’t it.

Unread 17-04-2023, 03:56 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
No Qatar
Chuffed for you and Ethers, pal.

Unread 17-04-2023, 03:59 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Chuffed for you and Ethers, pal.
Excuse me?

Unread 17-04-2023, 04:01 PM
Vedder

Espn may as well ask pure what’s going on. Ogden is £#%&!ing clueless

Unread 17-04-2023, 04:01 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Espn may as well ask pure what’s going on. Ogden is £#%&!ing clueless

Unread 17-04-2023, 04:10 PM
tatty

At least we saw the greatest years in the club's history.

Chuffed for those looking forward to winning the 'Sanctimonious Also-Ran Cup' for the next 30 years.

Unread 17-04-2023, 04:16 PM
silv

it'll be Qatar

Unread 17-04-2023, 04:45 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Excuse me?
Sorry mate, weren't/aren't you dead set against Qatar too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
it'll be Qatar
Promise me.

Unread 17-04-2023, 05:10 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Sorry mate, weren't/aren't you dead set against Qatar too?

Promise me.
I want Big Jim over Qatar, correct.

I’ve never said I would rather the Glazers stay than Qatar, if that was the choice we are all Qatari.