United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-06-2022, 09:41 AM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
You know he's under investigation for a sex assault right?
Do spurs know?

Unread 14-06-2022, 09:41 AM
jem

bargain. we're shit at this.

Unread 14-06-2022, 09:50 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
25 f***ing million. We should be all over that. We’ll likely still be banging on about not being held to ransom in August.
so you lot can make him your latest villain based on how he dresses or what music he listens too?

still to your The Scottish Players and van de beek please

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Great new companion for Pogba and Lingard.
i wasn’t even wrong.

Would love to know why you say this? what not a companion for Bruno or matic?

Unread 14-06-2022, 09:57 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
i wasn’t even wrong.

d_k is even more long gone than pogba, lingard and matic.

Unread 14-06-2022, 09:59 AM
dunk

Seems cheap. Wonder why..

Unread 14-06-2022, 11:11 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
so you lot can make him your latest villain based on how he dresses or what music he listens too?

i wasn’t even wrong.

Who are ‘you lot’?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Seems cheap. Wonder why..
1 year left on his deal, apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
You know he's under investigation for a sex assault right?
I did not know that, no 👍

Unread 17-06-2022, 03:49 PM
Arnold Muhren

Signed. Their 3 signing this summer so far….

Unread 17-06-2022, 04:01 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

i wasn’t even wrong.

You daft racist.

Unread 17-06-2022, 04:02 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
In an attempt to look at this another way:- Conte has been there for a while now and has had longer to decide which players are needed and in what positions. As much speculation as there’s been, we only know for a fact that Ten Hag spoke with Rangnick a couple of times, and he’d have his own players in mind anyway.

I’ve been one of the biggest critics of the owners, and the likes of Woodward, but I’m going to give them a few weeks in the transfer window under a new manager before I start losing patience. It just seems like the sensible thing to do, as despite all of the Twitter “leaks”, no one really knows what’s going on behind the scenes.

Unread 17-06-2022, 04:04 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
And utd are not even on the rumour pages............

Things can only get shitter

Unread 17-06-2022, 04:39 PM
Arnold Muhren

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
In an attempt to look at this another way:- Conte has been there for a while now and has had longer to decide which players are needed and in what positions. As much speculation as there’s been, we only know for a fact that Ten Hag spoke with Rangnick a couple of times, and he’d have his own players in mind anyway.

I’ve been one of the biggest critics of the owners, and the likes of Woodward, but I’m going to give them a few weeks in the transfer window under a new manager before I start losing patience. It just seems like the sensible thing to do, as despite all of the Twitter “leaks”, no one really knows what’s going on behind the scenes.
I hope you’re right as it’s all depressingly familiar so far.

Unread 17-06-2022, 04:45 PM
dunk

I think you have to effectively write next season off. ETH needs time to work with the @#%&!s, identify which ones need £#%&!ing off, encourage them to £#%&! off and in the meantime properly identify and arrange replacements. It’s nigh on impossible to do coming in as he has after the season we’ve had. Probably why it’s players he knows we’re looking at. The club is £#%&!ing useless with recruitment as we know, and at knowing what they have, so he’ll get no help there.

We’re looking at a year of improving standards and implementing the style of play and attitudes required and then go from there imo. It’s a 5 year job, minimum, based on us getting 2 proper players a summer and bringing a few through.

Unread 17-06-2022, 04:49 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
I think you have to effectively write next season off. ETH needs time to work with the @#%&!s, identify which ones need £#%&!ing off, encourage them to £#%&! off and in the meantime properly identify and arrange replacements. It’s nigh on impossible to do coming in as he has after the season we’ve had. Probably why it’s players he knows we’re looking at. The club is £#%&!ing useless with recruitment as we know, and at knowing what they have, so he’ll get no help there.

We’re looking at a year of improving standards and implementing the style of play and attitudes required and then go from there imo. It’s a 5 year job, minimum, based on us getting 2 proper players a summer and bringing a few through.
The good news is that there is about another 8 contracts up at the end of next season so we'll see an improve or bin situation for plenty of them.

Unread 17-06-2022, 05:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
The good news is that there is about another 8 contracts up at the end of next season so we'll see an improve or bin situation for plenty of them.
I’d been in favour of letting the lot run out tbh. Renewals only as reward for massive improvements in form and performance. No doubt panic at potential expenditure will kick in and more than half will be renewed to avoid the cost of replacing them.

Unread 17-06-2022, 05:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Was having a IRL conversation about this. As much as we need players, and we’ll get them, the priority this year really is about raising the standards of playing for the club and implementing his style and approach. We’ll know then who is on board and who isn’t. There’s a lot of ‘on the fence’ players and players who might find roles in his system. There’s a degree of trial and error
There and ETH Will ofcourse want to make his own judgments.

My only concern is that if we do quite well, the owners won’t release many funds and will be happy that he’s made do.
Closed Thread