United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-05-2021, 01:07 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Dont feel sorry for all the c***s who moan like f*** claim to be utd fans who never saw him kick a ball in real life
Saw him plenty of times and was also at Selhurst Park....

My favourite ever player. Got the same tattoo as his also.

Unread 18-05-2021, 01:13 PM
Bunker Buster

Great player a touch overated by some reds....

Unread 18-05-2021, 01:27 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Dont feel sorry for all the c***s who moan like £#%&! claim to be utd fans who never saw him kick a ball in real life

Unread 18-05-2021, 01:43 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
No denying we were good on the counter but it's not the first thing you think of when you think of Eric. "When he kicked the fan, or the goal against Sunderland, or all those goals he scored on the break"

Unread 18-05-2021, 01:55 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
No denying we were good on the counter but it's not the first thing you think of when you think of Eric. "When he kicked the fan, or the goal against Sunderland, or all those goals he scored on the break"
The upturned collar - every kid suddenly played with one, like their dads played gripping their cuffs to copy the first King of the Stretford End.

That free kick against Arsenal.

Him and Schmeichel inspiring those 1-0 wins as we reeled in Newcastle.

Him and Andrei dismantling city.

A lot of great, great memories.

Unread 18-05-2021, 02:02 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Dont feel sorry for all the c***s who moan like f*** claim to be utd fans who never saw him kick a ball in real life
Why did you post the same waffle twice?

Unread 18-05-2021, 02:22 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Strongly disagree...

The goal against Sunderland is over rated for me though... Iirc weren't Sunderland coasting at the time... The chip at Southampton was better imo.. Or perhaps more enjoyable anyhow

Esters 'Top 5:

Chelsea 92... First are always best
Volley at sellhurst Park
5 - 0 City
Newcastle 1 0... Scuffed it
Cup final 96

Unread 18-05-2021, 02:23 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Strongly disagree...

The goal against Sunderland is over rated for me though... Iirc weren't Sunderland coasting at the time... The chip at Southampton was better imo.. Or perhaps more enjoyable anyhow

Esters 'Top 5:

Chelsea 92... First are always best
Volley at sellhurst Park
5 - 0 City
Newcastle 1 0... Scuffed it
Cup final 96
Chip away at Sheff United int the cup in the wind was the best one for me...

Unread 18-05-2021, 03:29 PM
92ToBury

Unread 18-05-2021, 04:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Five title in six years. Would have had six in a row if he hadn't have been banned. And people still say he's overrated.
Almost solely based on a slight dip in form come his final season.

Unread 18-05-2021, 04:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Almost solely based on a slight dip in form come his final season.
You can easily forget that he wasn’t here that long. 5 years. Only TWO full seasons

Unread 18-05-2021, 04:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
You can easily forget that he wasn’t here that long. 5 years. Only TWO full seasons
That he made the impact he did in such a relatively short time, really does speak for itself.

Unread 18-05-2021, 04:32 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the same time as the stupid 3 foreigner rule in UEFA competitions?

Unread 18-05-2021, 04:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the same time as the stupid 3 foreigner rule in UEFA competitions?
For much of his time here, certainly.

Unread 18-05-2021, 04:48 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Yep. Gary Walsh and Lee Martin ago-go.

Unread 18-05-2021, 04:48 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
For much of his time here, certainly.
Certainly hamstrung us in Europe.
Closed Thread