United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2021, 11:22 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
our lofty position was only ever down to other teams being shit. of course, if they continue to be shit, we can still win it.
Probably more down to our form being fantastic tbh.

Unread 29-01-2021, 12:02 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
it's not the blip or bump in the road that pisses off everyone....it's the manner in which we played that should be the lingering feeling because we just didn't turn up and pissed away 3 points and staying top of the league
This.

And it wasn’t the first time we’ve done it. If it was one of those ‘not our day’ games where the keeper is having the game of his life and we’re unlucky, fair enough, but the reasons we lost are recurring issues and ones you’d expect to be either stamped out reduced by now. And when it’s downright laziness like that second goal, it’s not unreasonable to be pissed pff about it.

And agree with 99ers. 80 points would be a great return for us. I think we’ll be in and around that. We’ve managed that many once since Fergie left and there would represent some real progress for us. It’ll almost certainly get us top four and have us close to the top too.

Unread 29-01-2021, 12:10 PM
dunk

Mentioned it in the match thread, but last season at almost exactly the same point of January we put in one of the most insipid performances I had the misfortune to witness at home to Burnley as we lost 2-0. We didn't lose again in the league that season IIRC.

Now, the lockdown and lack of European Football interrupting the league programme may have assisted, but if we could replicate that we'd be laughing

Unread 29-01-2021, 12:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Mentioned it in the match thread, but last season at almost exactly the same point of January we put in one of the most insipid performances I had the misfortune to witness at home to Burnley as we lost 2-0. We didn't lose again in the league that season IIRC.

Now, the lockdown and lack of European Football interrupting the league programme may have assisted, but if we could replicate that we'd be laughing
Definitely. It’s not the end of the world and as much as we’re prone to games like that, we’re also good at reacting and going on decent runs.

Tuesday was the first game of the second half of the season. It was almost like that Palace game on the opening day. If we get the same return from the next 18 games, we’ll be on 80 points and laughing.

We need a reaction on Saturday and if we win, that’s another massive result for us and our progression,

Unread 29-01-2021, 12:15 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

There has been many disgusting home performances this season.

If we play like we did against Sheff United again, we won't win another game this season let alone not lose one.

Unread 29-01-2021, 12:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
There has been many disgusting home performances this season.

If we play like we did against Sheff United again, we won't win another game this season let alone not lose one.
There really have

We need the fans back. And some players that can beat a man ffs.

Unread 29-01-2021, 12:29 PM
jem

Quote:
we have quite a few fans who can beat a player.

when he's down.

Unread 29-01-2021, 12:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
There really have

Yeah I think about goals like that second one the other night and wonder if it would happen with an amped up crowd on their backs.

Unread 29-01-2021, 12:53 PM
Neo

Was fun while it lasted.

Should secure top 4 now though, so at least we'll have a last-16 Champions League knockout disappointment to look forward to in 2021/22.

Unread 29-01-2021, 12:53 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Was fun while it lasted.

Should secure top 4 now though, so at least we'll have a second-round Champions League knockout disappointment to look forward to in 2021/22.
pah! secure top four and our war chest will do the rest.

Unread 29-01-2021, 01:03 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Was fun while it lasted.

Should secure top 4 now though, so at least we'll have a last-16 Champions League knockout disappointment to look forward to in 2021/22.
Just beaten Liverpool in the FA Cup and sit one point behind the leaders in second place but it's all over apparently

...and now we've just gone out of Europe next year without kicking a ball

Jesus Wept there's some limp wristed @#%&!s attached to the club nowadays

Unread 29-01-2021, 01:09 PM
20LEgend1999

Think we'll go into the Derby top of the league on March 6th.

On.

Unread 29-01-2021, 01:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Just beaten Liverpool in the FA Cup and sit one point behind the leaders in second place but it's all over apparently

...and now we've just gone out of Europe next year without kicking a ball

Jesus Wept there's some limp wristed @#%&!s attached to the club nowadays
Oooh, you’re optimistic and call people out who don’t align, How impressive.

Calling people @#%&!s because they don’t have the same reaction to you as something makes you far more of a £#%&!ing blouse than people fairly pointing out some shortcomings of the team. Would it be better if we said we’ll smash Arsenal 4-0 this weekend and agreed with each other? It’s a forum, mate. People might have a different perspective than you.

You were moaning about people criticising De Gea the other day for simply pointing that he’s been shit for a while. Which he has. Doesn’t make people ‘limp-wristed’, mate. Relax.

Unread 29-01-2021, 01:34 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Oooh, you’re optimistic and call people out who don’t align, How impressive.

Calling people @#%&!s because they don’t have the same reaction to you as something makes you far more of a £#%&!ing blouse than people fairly pointing out some shortcomings of the team. Would it be better if we said we’ll smash Arsenal 4-0 this weekend and agreed with each other? It’s a forum, mate. People might have a different perspective than you.

You were moaning about people criticising De Gea the other day for simply pointing that he’s been shit for a while. Which he has. Doesn’t make people ‘limp-wristed’, mate. Relax.
Get to £#%&! you morbid @#%&! all you do is £#%&!ing moan moan moan and then moan some more. I really hope your wife has hidden the all the sharp objects just in case we draw with Arsenal at the weekend

Meanwhile IRL we're second in the table and one point behind the leaders

Unread 29-01-2021, 01:38 PM
shenwen

And what’s wrong with being limp-wristed anyway?

Nice bit of homophobia from our resident sixth form citizen smith.

Unread 29-01-2021, 01:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Was fun while it lasted.

Unlike you son....

Pull your red socks up...we go again tmrw

Unread 29-01-2021, 01:43 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
And what’s wrong with being limp-wristed anyway?

Nice bit of homophobia from our resident sixth form citizen smith.
Petty @#%&!

Grass me up to Armers and get me cancelled then

Unread 29-01-2021, 01:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Get to £#%&! you morbid @#%&! all you do is £#%&!ing moan moan moan and then moan some more. I really hope your wife has hidden the all the sharp objects just in case we draw with Arsenal at the weekend

Meanwhile IRL we're second in the table and one point behind the leaders
All you see is the moaning and tediously comment on that, while other people actually engage with the thread topic. There’s far more positive comments if you cared to look, but all you seem to enjoy is calling strangers names on the internet.

There’s nothing top red about just calling any and every bit of criticism a ‘moan’ like it makes you a better fan. I see you’re at it on the Lingard thread too. Go for it if you enjoy it mate, we’ll just keep discussing the footy while you tot up your top red points while talking about people’s wives

Unread 29-01-2021, 01:50 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Petty @#%&!

Grass me up to Armers and get me cancelled then
Why would I grass you up? He can read it himself.

Besides, you’re a relic. It’s good to see that people like you still exist.

Pure entertainment. Any more on those Steve jobs t-shirts you found on Google?

Unread 29-01-2021, 01:51 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
All you see is the moaning and tediously comment on that, while other people actually engage with the thread topic. There’s far more positive comments if you cared to look, but all you seem to enjoy is calling strangers names on the internet.

There’s nothing top red about just calling any and every bit of criticism a ‘moan’ like it makes you a better fan. I see you’re at it on the Lingard thread too. Go for it if you enjoy it mate, we’ll just keep discussing the footy while you tot up your top red points while talking about people’s wives
Top Red for enjoying being second in the table and in with a chance of the league and not behaving like a slapped arse because we lost a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Why would I grass you up? He can read it himself.

Besides, you’re a relic. It’s good to see that people like you still exist.

Pure entertainment. Any more on those Steve jobs t-shirts you found on Google?

Have fun with the search button and here's hoping you find something else to dredge up from my posting history that has nothing whatsoever to do with the thread
Closed Thread