United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Sloppy

Default Ferguson tips Solskjaer for the top and as realistic contender to replace him at United

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...er-United.html

Unread 17-01-2012, 11:25 PM
red in cumbria

Hmmm, not convinced.

The fear has to be that the gimps will see him as a "cheap" option

Unread 17-01-2012, 11:26 PM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up

love it, love it, really love it, £#%&!ing legend

Agent Dale Cooper

As much as I love Ole, I'm not sure I'd want him as a manager... it would be awful if he did a Souness and tainted the wonderful memories we have of him.

taff

christ, is he only 38?

could still do a job

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
As much as I love Ole, I'm not sure I'd want him as a manager... it would be awful if he did a Souness and tainted the wonderful memories we have of him.
Wilf McGuinness is the parallel I am more worried about, tbh.

After he has done a few more years "apprenticeship", could he be our next-but-one manager?? Maybe.....

Unread 17-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Hmmm, not convinced.

The fear has to be that the gimps will see him as a "cheap" option
Yeah, but everybody loves Ole; I'm sure the '99 team would come out of retirement for him.

Unread 17-01-2012, 11:28 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
any manager can £#%&! us up thoughj. i'drather get £#%&!ed up by someone i love.

Unread 17-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Wilf McGuinness is the parallel I am more worried about, tbh.

After he has done a few more years "apprenticeship", could he be our next-but-one manager?? Maybe.....
McGuinness was £#%&!ed over by the board, he wanted to rebuild but they wouldn't get him the players he wanted.

Ole would be perfect for the job imo.

Unread 17-01-2012, 11:39 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
McGuinness was £#%&!ed over by the board, he wanted to rebuild but they wouldn't get him the players he wanted.

plus ole would look ace bald

Unread 17-01-2012, 11:39 PM
MJ Ramone

Mourinho + Ole

Unread 17-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
plus ole would look ace bald

Unread 17-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Mourinho + Ole
I don't think Mourinho would fancy being a number 2 tbh.

Unread 17-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Pop

It's the quiet ones you have to watch

Unread 18-01-2012, 12:46 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

If you watch the interview (available on Yahoo), he's asked about Ole's career in management so far not who Fergie thinks is going to replace him.

Media have twisted it.

Unread 18-01-2012, 04:25 AM
Stickman

bit overly romantic wanting Ole as manager. He's our little lamb, its a bad idea.

Unread 18-01-2012, 06:29 AM
guerreiro

Would love it; yes romantic but that's what football should be about. Just the same as Pep Guardiola taking the reigns at Barcelona (of course swap, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta for cheaper shitter models)

Unread 18-01-2012, 09:11 AM
wonky no

thing with ole is he gets respect from everyone. its amazing when you consider he was mostly recognised as a sub. an amazing sub and a very valued player. he was pretty unique.

there are many things you pick up by being on the bench as often as he was as a player. his perspective of managment would conceivably much different and perhaps better than most players of his era.

i remember fergie saying, years ago, how ole used to mention to fergie how he would score in a game as the match was panning out before he got brought on. he would enevitably make a difference if not actually score.

plus another string to his bow would be how to keep his squad happy by stressing the importance of impact off the bench. i wouldn't mind betting hes more tactically aware than any other ex red of his time in management.

Unread 18-01-2012, 09:56 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman

correct, mcguinness was unable to get any money from the board and had a squad relying on players way past their sell by date making it almost impossible for youth players to get in. Ole would have it so much different.

Unread 18-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
thing with ole is he gets respect from everyone. its amazing when you consider he was mostly recognised as a sub. an amazing sub and a very valued player. he was pretty unique.

there are many things you pick up by being on the bench as often as he was as a player. his perspective of managment would conceivably much different and perhaps better than most players of his era.

i remember fergie saying, years ago, how ole used to mention to fergie how he would score in a game as the match was panning out before he got brought on. he would enevitably make a difference if not actually score.

plus another string to his bow would be how to keep his squad happy by stressing the importance of impact off the bench. i wouldn't mind betting hes more tactically aware than any other ex red of his time in management.
Spot on Wonkers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
correct, mcguinness was unable to get any money from the board and had a squad relying on players way past their sell by date making it almost impossible for youth players to get in. Ole would have it so much different.
Just what I was going to post but not quite as sarcastically.
Closed Thread