United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2021, 05:04 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I obviously never believed he was qualified for the job. He wasn't. You can't just hope someone into being a top manager.

Winning the Norwegian league 8 year before, then relegating Cardiff, then being on the way to relegating them again before getting fired, then doing nothing in Norway for years isn't really the CV you're looking for.

The moment for me was the signing of Wan Bissaka. Not just because he's shit and was £50m. Though there is that obviously. It told the lie behind the united DNA bullshit. Youth? attacking? You've just displaced a promising player who is much better at attacking and 3 years younger.

Perhaps worse than that, it highlighted that Ole knew he couldn't coach defenders. So he'd rather buy guys who can tackle and hope that'd be enough. Never mind there would be no effective width on the right side of the pitch - ever.

Anyway, that was my moment. What was your moment of clarity?
I never saw anything from him that suggested he was a coach worthy of this job. It was just a big dream, a delusion. I got behind him relucantly but never had faith.

Even when he was on that crazy winning run and knocking PSG out I thought it would not be wise to sign him permanently before the end of the season as planned. Got abused for it. In the end we did not get top 4 and our luck in games eventually ran out. All stats suggested our winning run at the start of his reign was a freak.

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...postcount=1342

I dont know how many of these guys who wanted him permanently in expected him to be here for 3 years despite showing nothing and winning nothing

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270014

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:06 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

For me it was yesterday. Absolutely £#%&!ing gutted.

Utterly adore Ole as a bloke, and he's one of the greatest legends to have played for the club. He came in and immediately got to work eradicating the stench that Mourinho had left wafting through every corridor of Old Trafford.

The initial run he went on was incredible, including the PSG win, and he fully earned and deserved his permanent contract. He then did a great job shifting some of the absolute shite in the squad, and getting a lot of top-class signings in, especially this summer.

I came into this season with high hopes of seeing a title challenge, but it's just not worked, and the only way is down for him now. He's lost the players after yesterday, and the knives are fully out in the media. We need him to move on with some dignity now, before it gets real ugly, although I'm not sure what is uglier than a 0-5 home loss to Liverpool.

Like I said, absolutely £#%&!ing gutted. Any 'Red' celebrating the day he leaves is a @#%&!, btw.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Utterly adore Ole as a bloke, and he's one of the greatest legends to have played for the club. He came in and immediately got to work eradicating the stench that Mourinho had left wafting through every corridor of Old Trafford.

The initial run he went on was incredible, including the PSG win, and he fully earned and deserved his permanent contract. He then did a great job shifting some of the absolute shite in the squad, and getting a lot of top-class signings in, especially this summer.

I came into this season with high hopes of seeing a title challenge, but it's just not worked, and the only way is down for him now. He's lost the players after yesterday, and the knives are fully out in the media. We need him to move on with some dignity now, before it gets real ugly, although I'm not sure what is uglier than a 0-5 home loss to Liverpool.

Like I said, absolutely £#%&!ing gutted. Any 'Red' celebrating the day he leaves is a @#%&!, btw.
Well said. Reppage.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:12 PM
redhegemony

Leicester when he paired Matic and Pogba.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:14 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Spot on. This is horrible. See post above yours for said horrible celebrating @#%&!. Internet "red".

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:16 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Great post that.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:17 PM
Coracao

Over 18 months ago, can't remember the exact point.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:21 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Great post. He did a good job getting us back on track and has done a lot of the ground work in getting us to a place where I’m confident that a top level manager would be able to thrive with us. I never thought that after Moyes, I never felt like that after LVG, and I certainly never felt like that with the awful squad Mourinho left behind. Ole has got rid of a lot of the deadwood and we have the best squad we’ve had in a decade. Just a midfielder or two and a word class coach and we will win trophies.

I hope people remember he laid the foundations if we do go on to achieve our potential.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Absolutely this. There were always nagging doubts, but they were pushed aside. Yesterday and today are dark, dark days for the club, absolutely nqat.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:23 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Any 'Red' celebrating the day he leaves is a @#%&!, btw.
That's football.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:23 PM
silv

When he didn’t sub Fred when he was on a yellow card

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Sad how it's ended....

Mine:

The AWB horror show away in Leipzig.....

Dumped out the European cup, his treatment of Donny paired with his subs (histories worst ) Europa final and many many results this season ...

It's gone rapidly down hill, but ole is a legend, I could never hate him or wish him ill...

Goodbye.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:32 PM
Chorlton74

It should never have got this far and he should have only ever been an interim.

I never knew this. The 2nd paragraph

[IMG][/IMG]

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:33 PM
otbarney

I haven't.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:39 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
I haven't.
Glad to see you and Stevie Wonder are standing firm.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
It should never have got this far and he should have only ever been an interim.

I never knew this. The 2nd paragraph

[IMG][/IMG]
Modest is being extremely kind

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:52 PM
Red Santos

Spring 2019 when the season petered out. Ended the season winning just one game in seven.
I called him our Roy Evans at the time..

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:53 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
I haven't.
Mate.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:59 PM
Lodestar

In my heart l will never give up on him. He will always be there immortalised in the Nou Camp and for that l believe he can make the impossible happen. My head says the Europa Final. He needed that to give him the credentials.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
In my heart l will never give up on him. He will always be there immortalised in the Nou Camp and for that l believe he can make the impossible happen. My head says the Europa Final. He needed that to give him the credentials.
Yep, an absolutely massive "sliding doors" moment.
Closed Thread