Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Ole out
Ole out 60 56.07%
Ole in 47 43.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 26-09-2021, 04:13 AM
westcoastvan

I've moved firmly into the Ole out camp. I was going to hold off until a loss to Chelsea, but his ineptitude has become glaringly obvious at this point.

They were out managed by Southampton, lucky to get a win against Wolves, and out managed again by Villa.

My best guess:

We lose Pogba at the end of the year, Ronaldo wastes two years at United without a major trophy, and Van De Beek is sold off because Ole favours Fred and McT, and that says it all for me.

He seems incapable of taking off the Fred and The Scottish Player training wheels to take it to the next level. Those two symbolize Ole's tactical ineptitude.

Unread 26-09-2021, 07:49 AM
Red Santos

i'll have a definite answer around december

Unread 26-09-2021, 07:54 AM
believe

Caked down a bit from yesterday and I’m just confused by the whole thing now. I’m constantly being told that Ole’s doing a good thing but no one can tell me where or what that is.

Most people would replace half the team based on the comments in most match the threads. We don’t really have a style of play abs the minute we struggle we tend to go to pieces and have no idea how to change it. The substitutions are just baffling, not just for the personnel but the lack of direction there ever seems to be.

I think Ole could spend 150 million a year for the next three years and we’d still see little difference.

Unread 26-09-2021, 08:11 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

As for a replacement, I could well see Rodgers bullshitting his way into the job He has a way with the not so clever, believing his own bullshit inspires them.

Unread 26-09-2021, 08:13 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Caked down a bit from yesterday and I’m just confused by the whole thing now. I’m constantly being told that Ole’s doing a good thing but no one can tell me where or what that is.

Most people would replace half the team based on the comments in most match the threads. We don’t really have a style of play abs the minute we struggle we tend to go to pieces and have no idea how to change it. The substitutions are just baffling, not just for the personnel but the lack of direction there ever seems to be.

I think Ole could spend 150 million a year for the next three years and we’d still see little difference.
Correct.

Give a good manager that squad and watch the difference.

Only saving thing for Ole now might be he puts Pogba back in the midfield and goes for it a bit more especially at home.

Unread 26-09-2021, 09:27 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Ultimately, this is what I'm feeling.

We've been having the same argument for almost three years now. Yes, the squad has improved. Yes there's a better feeling at the club. Yes we finished second, which was great. But there's no difference in the football. No difference in tactics. Same broken two DM formation. It's criminal that we lose at home to a decent but by no means great Villa team and have VDB and Sancho twiddling their thumbs while Fred and McT did nothing. The forced defender subs didn't help, but knowing Ole he would have brought on Lingard and Martial anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Correct.

Give a good manager that squad and watch the difference.

Only saving thing for Ole now might be he puts Pogba back in the midfield and goes for it a bit more especially at home.
This is where Ole could earn his money. Pogba is leaving so £#%&! him off. he shouldn't be anywhere near that team and is contributing £#%&! all anyway. A more ruthless manager would have dropped him by now.

Unread 26-09-2021, 09:52 AM
Bunker Buster

Shenners correct, he has ZERO ruthless streak and it must look so weak to the players and detrimental to the team....

Donny misses out on the euros, knuckles down, extra training ready to go after a year on the sidelines ......lingard goes on holiday, gets COVID, refuses a contract and a sub appearance BEFORE donny..

Pogba leaving, we buy a 70m winger, stick him on the bench....

Lose a Right back to q red card, puts on TWO more defenders before the second half....

Zero subs, same Mcfred at home against mid table teams, no reshuffling, no balls out going for it...

Keep chucking players on from 76minutes, something might stick....

Kieran and Michael next to him like some NVQ restroom red bull break....

Love the guy buts he's so far out of his depth at this level......

The evidence is all there...

Unread 26-09-2021, 09:58 AM
magic_cantona

Thumbs down

It's crazy that Olé has chased Sancho for 2 years, but when he actually gets him, he'd rather stick Pogba out wide while Sancho warms the bench. It's £#%&!ing bizarre. Sancho becoming the next Donny - shocking.

Then there's McFred. Ole's time at United will be remembered for this. "Do you remember the years we used to play Fred and The Scottish Player in EVERY game? Even against absolute shit at home?!"

It's got to the stage that its not just baffling, it's indefensible. The Scottish Player or Fred off yesterday and Sancho on - then gone at Villa. Fraggle would've had 6 forward players on in the last 20 minutes. What does Ole do? He brings Cavani on in the 81st minute when Villa are doing exactly what West Ham did midweek - wasting time from the off, making the game as stop start as possible and eating the clock. And we can't adapt. Ole doesn't think "There's no point in bringing Cavani on for 9 minutes - these £#%&!ers will take that taking 2 goal kicks"

If everyone else can see it, why can't he?

Unread 26-09-2021, 09:59 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Shenners correct, he has ZERO ruthless streak and it must look so weak to the players and detrimental to the team....

Donny misses out on the euros, knuckles down, extra training ready to go after a year on the sidelines ......lingard goes on holiday, gets COVID, refuses a contract and a sub appearance BEFORE donny..

Pogba leaving, we buy a 70m winger, stick him on the bench....

Lose a Right back to q red card, puts on TWO more defenders before the second half....

Zero subs, same Mcfred at home against mid table teams, no reshuffling, no balls out going for it...

Keep chucking players on from 76minutes, something might stick....

Kieran and Michael next to him like some NVQ restroom red bull break....

Love the guy buts he's so far out of his depth at this level......

The evidence is all there...
Agree with everything in this post.

Unread 26-09-2021, 10:30 AM
shenwen

Managers must rub there hands together when they see McFred on the team sheet. So simple to counter. Who was it that said the team was buzzing when they saw Fred's name? Just pressured him until he inevitably made a £#%&! up.

Same with the tactics. Became clear early on that we were aiming to play on the fast counter. So their keeper steps up a few yards and is able to anticipate every attack. Do we change it around? Maybe bring on a different kind of player? Do we £#%&!. And it's not just yesterday. And it's not knee jerk. It's been a pattern for seasons. One we've ignored as long as we've been able to come back from behind and win games. I said yesterday, even if we had won, the problem would still be there.

Unread 26-09-2021, 11:32 AM
tatty

One ability Ole DOES have is the uncanny knack of getting a couple of results just as it seems the axe is about to fall.

Unread 26-09-2021, 11:36 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Managers must rub there hands together when they see McFred on the team sheet. So simple to counter. Who was it that said the team was buzzing when they saw Fred's name? Just pressured him until he inevitably made a £#%&! up.

Same with the tactics. Became clear early on that we were aiming to play on the fast counter. So their keeper steps up a few yards and is able to anticipate every attack. Do we change it around? Maybe bring on a different kind of player? Do we £#%&!. And it's not just yesterday. And it's not knee jerk. It's been a pattern for seasons. One we've ignored as long as we've been able to come back from behind and win games. I said yesterday, even if we had won, the problem would still be there.
Yep. The concerns have been there for a while and have been very clear and worrying this season. The score line and results have been the obvious counter to the argument, but the performances are just not good. At all. We have made every side look better than they are. Newcastle, Wolves, Southampton, Aston Villa, Young Boys have all scored and/or opened us up at will. We’re littered with errors. We can’t sense danger in a game to save our life and in our last four games we’ve conceded in the 94th minute, the 89th minute and conceded a 93rd minute penalty.

We attack with no cohesion and we looked utterly desperate in the second half. All that attacking talent and we didn’t have a clue how to use it.

I don’t see it getting any better, unfortunately. Ole has massively improved the squad, but not the way we play. There seems to be a sole focus on getting personalities into the dressing room. Winners, experience, and that will just magically take care of itself and make us a good side. It won’t if there’s no plan. And just saying that we need to improve on McFred misses the point. Varane is an improvement on Lindelof, but we’re still easy to score against. Ronaldo is an improvement on Martial, but we still huff and puff. We have a group of individuals who are way more than the sum of their parts, where most of the league is the opposite. It was a fairly even game yesterday. Most of our games this season have been. They shouldn’t be. It shouldn’t even be close.

Villa played well? I don’t really care. We should play better. We should play to a level that they simply can’t match. That front lot, if used properly, should be completely overwhelming. They apparently had a go at Chelsea too. Chelsea won 3-0. Being organised and having a go should not be enough to win at Old Trafford, but it is. And not just catching us on an off day. Yesterday was just how we play. If we continue to play that way, we’ll be nowhere near the top, struggling for top four and the crowd will soon turn.

Massive few weeks for Ole now. The scrutiny was always going to be intense this year. He simply has to deliver and it’s a very worrying start.

Unread 26-09-2021, 12:02 PM
ScarFace

Ole is backroom staff at best. We've got a first time now that is being held back.

Give him the season.

Unread 26-09-2021, 12:21 PM
Sparky***

This season is fast beginning to remind me of when we signed Falcao, Di Maria, Herrera, Shaw and Blind. We all went into the season giddy as £#%&! before it all came crashing down.

We had all the ingredients but the Chef didn't have a clue what he was doing.

Unread 26-09-2021, 12:47 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We have a group of individuals who are way more than the sum of their parts
we know what you meant. it wasn't this.

Unread 26-09-2021, 12:56 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
One ability Ole DOES have is the uncanny knack of getting a couple of results just as it seems the axe is about to fall.
He's even had a once in a century worldwide pandemic save his bacon.

Napoleon said give me a lucky general over a good general.

He did spend his latter years climbing the walls on an island in the middle of nowhere though. And he didn't have to watch the divs and dippers cleaning up either.

Unread 26-09-2021, 01:10 PM
AK14

What’s the Ajax lad like?

Any more of these good German hipster type managers around?

Unread 26-09-2021, 01:14 PM
saffers

From 80% in to 70% out in the space of a week huh.

Were there a lot of shy ole outers or? This can't just be down to a couple of home defeats. The manner of the losses?

Unread 26-09-2021, 01:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we know what you meant. it wasn't this.
Yeah, my brain fell out writing that.

Player good. Team bad. Make doctor sad.

Unread 26-09-2021, 01:24 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
What’s the Ajax lad like?

Any more of these good German hipster type managers around?
Ajax lad looks shit hot tactically and can bring through youngsters. I think bunks is better placed to comment on him though with more detail.

German wise, Marco Rose was rumoured in 2018, is now at Dortmund. Already a couple of losses but obviously plays good football. Also built a very decent team at Moenchengladbach who beat his new team yesterday. They were 1 pt off the top before this weekend.

He has coached Haaland at two clubs btw, why not make it 3.

Closed Thread