United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
sancho took up some good positions wide in the last 15 mins, unfortunately he had shaw falling over and wan-bissaka shit @#%&!ing it up all over the show trying to give it to him. That pogba pass at the end summed it up.
I am shocked - totally shocked to the core of my being - that Pogba didn't deliver the goods when we actually needed him to.

Vedder

The result isn’t a disaster but that performance is seriously worrying. United should be throwing the kitchen £#%&!ing sink at soton there

Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Surely vdb is done before he's even started when Lingard is getting minutes before him
Can’t get my head around why we didn’t sell VDB. We have no use for him, I can’t think of a single situation he’s fancied in.

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:07 PM
jem

also... and I may have mentioned it.... the ref was shit. let rough challenges go, let gobby soton whine, let them stand over free kicks, let them waste time....

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:07 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I am shocked - totally shocked to the core of my being - that Pogba didn't deliver the goods when we actually needed him to.
Well, we'd have lost if it wasn't for Pogba, tbf

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:08 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
The result isn’t a disaster but that performance is seriously worrying. United should be throwing the kitchen £#%&!ing sink at soton there
We did. For about ten minutes. And then stopped. It's baffling.
Seemed to lose a lot of shape in the last 20 as well,

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Ah you're one of those who thinks goals = entertainment.

Thoroughly entertained today I hope.

You guys wanted another season of this, have at it.
I want a season of last week. You know, when you disappeared and had nothing to say for days.

Red Santos

Nemanja 'takes ten touches on the ball' Matic is done.

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:09 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
I think it is. Awful result. Bang Leeds - everyone on a massive high - a winnable next game against a team that is odds on to go down and we’re shite.

All of last years issues on show again.

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
He wasn’t great, but he was still the most creative and most likely to do something and did all the work for the goal.

He was ok and one of our better players in a shit performance IMO.

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Nemanja 'takes ten touches on the ball' Matic is done.
He certainly can't play away from home against teams who are throwing the kitchen sink at us.

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Though it is a bit ridiculous that Lingard is still here tbh, all the West Ham players and fans seem to want him to sign so why the £#%&! hasn't it happened
Because they want to give us £25 not £25m, and we need some money in to allow us to buy a midfielder.

Ole should be at the management now telling them the difference between a decent season and one of frustration is as little as 1 midfield signing. It would be cheaper to buy one than to not buy one.

AK14

Tbf we have just equalled Arsenal's away unbeaten run…

(I think )

believe

At least that away record is still going strong

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:12 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I want a season of last week. You know, when you disappeared and had nothing to say for days.
I was away on business.

Last week was awesome but so was Leeds at home last season.

You know deep down we will never win the league under this manager or the european cup. No manager has spent more money than him yet we are at the same place we were 2/3 years ago.

How much progress since that 4-0 vs Chelsea two years ago? We are the same team, can rinse people on the counter at times. But no real long term footballing idea. Which means you will often get caught out in tricky moments.

Hey, still got that unbeaten away run though.

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:13 PM
Sparky***

i think the reality is that the really good team will shake off a sub par performance usually by controlling the game in periods where it looks like it could go either way. They don't let the game become a 50/50 slugfest like we do.

You know those cynical, cute, not-quite-bad-enough-for-a-yellow, move-breaking fouls that all the £#%&!ing best teams in the world seem to manage when the game is in the balance? Why don't we ever try anything like that?

The amount of times we were fouled today 40, 50 yards from southampton's goal to allow them time to regroup and get men back.... contrast that with us. well, it's always a desperate, clumsy lunge 20 yards from goal isn' it. Either that or we pass it to the opposition straight from the defence.

So many simple things that the top teams manage that are utterly beyond us. It's infuriating. But then i guess, more the fool us for expecting anything different. Every player out there today bar sancho is exactly the same lot who weren't good enough last year and the year before and the year before... so why should it change i guess.

Would have been nice to get a run of wins under our belts to build confidence and to actually convince people we're not just going to flatter to deceive again but.. like i said. More fool us.

Jack Duckworth

my £#%&!ing sky went down until the last 2 mins!

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
At least that away record is still going strong
You jest, but one more and we have set a new record apparently.

ryanMUFC

Go into the Wolves game with that attitude and we’ll be in a very similar situation to last season.

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:15 PM
Ronny

We must move some of our fringe players on before the window closes….
James ,Lingard, Dalot and VdB could be sold and the team not seriously weakened.
Does Ole want a team of left wingers?