United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-03-2021, 09:42 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s not too hard to read between the lines on this one. Blue collar grafter vs white collar office politician; oil and water. Butt probably felt that the work he’d done warranted a shot at the newly formed technical director position, and he has a point. I like Fletch, but he’s done £#%&! all to warrant leapfrogging the bloke who’s helped revamp the academy.

Likewise, Murtaugh probably didn’t relish having to deal with an irreverant straight talker who was going to argue with him all the time, so trash talks him to Woodward behind his back. Butt finds out, and hey presto.

Always despised office politics.
Thought you didn’t like speculation pal?

Unread 29-03-2021, 06:29 AM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Scouse.
100% not scouse.

Unread 29-03-2021, 09:01 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Thought you didn’t like speculation pal?

There’s a slight difference between a bit of conjecture based on actual facts and stating categorically that Woodward bought Van de Beek behind Ole’s back to make a spurious point. People do that shit all the time on here.

Unread 29-03-2021, 09:10 AM
AK14

Quote:
There’s a slight difference between a bit of conjecture based on actual facts and stating categorically that Woodward bought Van de Beek behind Ole’s back to make a spurious point. People do that shit all the time on here.
Haven’t seen many facts come out over why he left tbh?

But you do you bud.

Unread 29-03-2021, 10:45 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Haven’t seen many facts come out over why he left tbh?

But you do you bud.
Something tells me if I answer this will go on til next Wednesday. Cba tbh....

Unread 29-03-2021, 01:04 PM
AK14

Quote:
Something tells me if I answer this will go on til next Wednesday. Cba tbh....

Unread 29-03-2021, 01:46 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Worrying that Woodward seems to be planting his yes-men into key positions of influence at the club, instead of hiring the best people for the job.

He's entrenching his power, and that of the Glazers, with moves like this, and prioritising that above the wellbeing of United.

The prostitisation of our historic club looks like it will only get worse under these corporate thieves.
Unduly negative.

Entrenching power? They own the club and he is their CEO, how much more entrenched could they be? As for the 'our historic club' bit, the last of that myth died with the ditching of Football Club.

At least there is a dedicated football structure in place now.

Unread 29-03-2021, 05:28 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Unduly negative.

Entrenching power? They own the club and he is their CEO, how much more entrenched could they be? As for the 'our historic club' bit, the last of that myth died with the ditching of Football Club.

At least there is a dedicated football structure in place now.
Dedicated football structure?

Murtough is a Moyes man, who clearly licks Woodward arse, and the more yes-men the accountant surrounds himself with, the more he's fortified at United.

Butt is United through-and-through. I may not have any insider knowledge of what's happening at the club, but I'd be confident in siding with Butt's loyalties to the club, as opposed to Murtough's loyalty to Woodward.

Do you honestly not find it bizarre that after years of pandering to the fans about a Director of Football, they end up hiring some suit already at the club, without conducting any type of external recruitment process?

Unread 29-03-2021, 06:03 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Dedicated football structure?

Murtough is a Moyes man, who clearly licks Woodward arse, and the more yes-men the accountant surrounds himself with, the more he's fortified at United.

Butt is United through-and-through. I may not have any insider knowledge of what's happening at the club, but I'd be confident in siding with Butt's loyalties to the club, as opposed to Murtough's loyalty to Woodward.

Do you honestly not find it bizarre that after years of pandering to the fans about a Director of Football, they end up hiring some suit already at the club, without conducting any type of external recruitment process?
Dedicated as in 'exclusively allocated to' So what's with the -

Murtough is a football man, not a suit and Ive no idea about his loyalties to wood£#%&! or how his loyalties would be opposed to Butts

Sorry to see Butt go, been a fantastic servant to the club
Closed Thread