United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Money

Unread 04-01-2021, 03:00 PM
dragflick

Lightbulb Stocks & Shares 2021

Apart from BTC then, what else are we investing our hard earned dollar in this year? Green energy will do well, as will commodities (copper especially).

Currently holding and average buy prices...

Avacta (AVCT) (80p) - Pharma. Delay to their tests being out, but still sitting north of 120p. Big couple of months ahead as Covid is still rife and their LFT and BAMS tests get to market. Huge potential of the cancer treatment side of the business is just entering its first clinical trial aswell, could go bananas if it works in humans how it did in the mice.

Angle (AGL) (42p). Pharma. Liquid biopsy for cancer diagnosis/treatment help. Again, could blow up once FDA approval gets sorted in the next few months.

AAA (9p) Investment company. Just a punt, but it's done well. Links and rumours to some big shit abound.

Dev Clever (DEV) (8p). Just signed a deal to provide 70k schools in India with some teaching tech/career guidance for their students. Market cap is only 65m. Biggg potential in Ed-Tech over there.

Piris Investments (PIRI) (5p) - Investment company, another punt but doing alright.

Arc Minerals (ARCM) (4p) - Potential big copper play in Zambia. Probs gets taken over.

Simec Atlantic Energy (SAE) (18p). Green energy company, tidal and conversion of old coal power plants to make them use plastic.

DDDD will do well, not in yet. ARB will do well- Bitcoin mining company- can whack that in an ISA to avoid tax shit aswell on BTC going bananas.

Big year ahead for that lot. This time next year Rodders

Unread 04-01-2021, 03:07 PM
measlyshark

If you saw the data I saw on my last working day last year, you'd definitely be hanging onto the Avacta shares.....

Big in the liquid biopsy space too.

Unread 04-01-2021, 03:25 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
If you saw the data I saw on my last working day last year, you'd definitely be hanging onto the Avacta shares.....

Big in the liquid biopsy space too.
yhpm..

Unread 04-01-2021, 03:46 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
yhpm..
share my way bish

Unread 04-01-2021, 03:57 PM
tatty

I'm going to increase my gold exposure from 3.75% to 5% of my sipp.

I believe there is a real risk of rising inflation in the medium term.

Unread 04-01-2021, 04:36 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I believe there is a real risk of rising inflation in the medium term.

Unread 04-01-2021, 04:45 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

I'm confused.

Do you believe inflation is a certainty? There are many who believe a deflationary period is just as likely.

Unread 04-01-2021, 05:09 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I'm confused.

Do you believe inflation is a certainty? There are many who believe a deflationary period is just as likely.
A good 15 yrs ago a mate of mine predicted the death of rising interest rates,, pointing to Japan. Were still there!

Also: do I just buy the shares that Dragflick posted using my app, or consult an actual financial expert?

Also, whats a SIPP? Percy pension, do I have to open it? Can I just use it as a tax avoidance measure?

Also, is there any way I can retire permanently and live on a shoestring?

Cheers.

Unread 04-01-2021, 05:16 PM
Neo

Tatty reminds me of the first type of guy on this vid.

Ears is the second.

Unread 04-01-2021, 05:20 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Tatty reminds me of the first type of guy on this vid.

Ears is the second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYc6QmaGnYc

Avacta not even listed on Trading 212. Something to do with recent legislation?

If so, how does the bastard Draggers have access to this virtual goldmine?

Last edited by Cream; 04-01-2021 at 05:26 PM.