United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-11-2017, 07:25 PM
Sparky***

Default The Premier League this season

Not looking too good is it.

City running away with it because they're richer than everyone else and when teams like Burnley are sitting comfortably 5th you have to wonder at the general state of it.

Newcastle have lost 5 games on the trot yet somehow are 12th, they are utterly abysmal.

Huddersfield have managed 9 goals in 14 games yet they're a mid table team.

Most fixtures every weekend are utterly forgettable borefests as two poor teams try desperately not to lose to each other as everyone is utterly petrified of being relegated and losing out on their share of the mountain of cash.

The Prem in the 90s may not have been the sophisticated, polished product it is now but it was far more entertaining to watch and not just a collection of small provincial clubs trying not to get relegated.

Unread 30-11-2017, 07:27 PM
Sapien

Would you say you were a cup half empty or cup half full kind of a guy?

Unread 30-11-2017, 07:40 PM
5 Cantona's

Something on F365 saying the last 20 results from top 6 v the rest reads as,

P20
W20
Scored 49
Conceded 9

Unread 30-11-2017, 07:48 PM
TheFatGoth

Football is shit

Unread 30-11-2017, 07:55 PM
woody78

I think it's just an age thing.

The older i get, the more i dislike football.

Still watch every game though

Unread 30-11-2017, 07:56 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Not looking too good is it.

City running away with it because they're richer than everyone else and when teams like Burnley are sitting comfortably 5th you have to wonder at the general state of it.

Newcastle have lost 5 games on the trot yet somehow are 12th, they are utterly abysmal.

Huddersfield have managed 9 goals in 14 games yet they're a mid table team.

Most fixtures every weekend are utterly forgettable borefests as two poor teams try desperately not to lose to each other as everyone is utterly petrified of being relegated and losing out on their share of the mountain of cash.

The Prem in the 90s may not have been the sophisticated, polished product it is now but it was far more entertaining to watch and not just a collection of small provincial clubs trying not to get relegated.
When you always look back to earlier periods of your life most people propose that things were better just because they were young and it felt better, new, more enjoyable due to social circumstances.

I would say I enjoyed the 00's more but I could hardly pick a season I loved( Moscow maybe) I dont remember half the games either

Unread 30-11-2017, 08:04 PM
Mr_Ed

Had it been us who had played 14, win 13 would you be complaining?

18 years ago we won the league by 18 points and I loved it when we turned up and smashed teams all over the shop- only difference being we had Fergie and not petro dollars

Unread 30-11-2017, 08:07 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

18 years ago we won the league by 18 points and I loved it when we turned up and smashed teams all over the shop- only difference being we had Fergie and not petro dollars
we should be sitting on 12 wins tbh...drawing with Stoke and losing to Huddersfield didn't help

Unread 30-11-2017, 08:09 PM
Cream

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Cantona's

P20
W20
Scored 49
Conceded 9
Like a slightly more competitive scotch premiership.

GARBAGE.

Unread 30-11-2017, 08:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

Would i be pointing out the general level of the premier league is pretty poor?

Yes i probably would be.

It's not really debatable.

Unread 30-11-2017, 08:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Cantona's

P20
W20
Scored 49
Conceded 9
That's pretty revealing tbh, and yes I find it hard to believe it was that stark in previous years.

Unread 30-11-2017, 08:12 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Like a slightly more competitive scotch premiership.

GARBAGE.
Or the Spanish/Italian/German league

Unread 30-11-2017, 08:25 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by f*** KFC
we should be sitting on 12 wins tbh...drawing with Stoke and losing to Huddersfield didn't help
Not wrong...

Last season if we won all the games we didn't we would be champions

Unread 30-11-2017, 08:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
When you always look back to earlier periods of your life most people propose that things were better just because they were young and it felt better, new, more enjoyable due to social circumstances.

I would say I enjoyed the 00's more but I could hardly pick a season I loved( Moscow maybe) I dont remember half the games either
He’s right though. Loads of really big clubs in the Championship while we have to pretend to find these dull little outfits like Huddersfield:Burnley and their punching above their weight endearing. Doesn’t help that clubs like Everton, Newcastle and West Ham are run by absolute cretins. That’s probably the bigger issue.

Unread 30-11-2017, 08:32 PM
puressence

Another post about City Running away with it from the forums oot biggest £#%&!er

Unread 30-11-2017, 08:36 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Another post about City Running away with it from the forums oot biggest w****r

Unread 30-11-2017, 08:56 PM
AK14

Been on the slide for a while tbf

Honestly can't remember the last side to win the league that was more than just good and were also made to work for a title?

Probably us and Chelsea from 05-09? Some good sides in the league as well as United and Chelsea battling it out.

Unread 30-11-2017, 09:08 PM
Crumps

Couple of losses and KDB getting inured and we will see. The high pressing game will start to catch up now after the ridiculous stop start of the season thus far. If they come out of the other side of Christmas and still look in such good shape I’ll start worrying.

Unread 30-11-2017, 09:10 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Couple of losses and KDB getting inured and we will see. The high pressing game will start to catch up now after the ridiculous stop start of the season thus far. If they come out of the other side of Christmas and still look in such good shape I’ll start worrying.
worry about us.

Unread 30-11-2017, 09:14 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
worry about us.
Why? Second in the league, only dropped 8 points (10 but 8 behind them them sorry) even with Pogba missing so many games (which was the one injury we really couldn’t afford happening), point to qualify for the latter stages of the CL. I’ll Worry if the next couple of league games go drastically against us and even then I’m not gonna worry that much as I ain’t no b***h.
Closed Thread