United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-09-2017, 02:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Hes magnificent
Frustrated me miles more when he was at Dortmund. Drove me mad with his inconsistency whenever I watched him there

Unread 18-09-2017, 02:37 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Frustrated me miles more when he was at Dortmund. Drove me mad with his inconsistency whenever I watched him there
Does seem mentally fragile, goal yesterday will do his confidence wonders.

At his best hes more explosive than de bruyne imo, people forget some of the goals he scored last season, steamed through very impressive spurs and leicester defences, zorya away was a worldie too

Unread 18-09-2017, 02:39 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Gets a lot of shit in the same way Giggs used to. His job is to create, to draw defenders, get them to commit and to take them out of the game, as with Giggs it's never going to work every time, but it's so important to have someone doing this as often as possible. Need to get more movement and support for him to bounce off if anything.
Realistically you need someone to pass to him quicker from deep, so Fellaini (whilst I'll begrudgingly admit wasn't shit per se recently, still doesn't have this in him) is a problem. Herrera or Carrick (creaking as he is) would be far more effective at making better use of the ball. Along with more pace either side of Lukaku, so I'd like to see Martial & Rashford start soon. Mata's done OK, and when the defence is deep you likely want to have a creator in there, but we'll play someone soon who'll be idiotic enough to think a high line is a good idea & we'll wreck them.

Oh hai Jurgen....

Unread 18-09-2017, 02:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Realistically you need someone to pass to him quicker from deep, so Fellaini (whilst I'll begrudgingly admit wasn't shit per se recently, still doesn't have this in him) is a problem. Herrera or Carrick (creaking as he is) would be far more effective at making better use of the ball. Along with more pace either side of Lukaku, so I'd like to see Martial & Rashford start soon. Mata's done OK, and when the defence is deep you likely want to have a creator in there, but we'll play someone soon who'll be idiotic enough to think a high line is a good idea & we'll wreck them.

Oh hai Jurgen....
Definitely. Can't believe he hasn't done it yet, not even at home against dross. Seems to be set on one or the other on the left and Mata, Jesseh or Mkhi (if we're playing 3 in midfield) from the right. Crying out for an outlet on that right hand side.

PSG played Neymar and Mbappe either side of Cavani with Draxler behind them last night

Giovani Lo Celso btw £#%&!ing @#%&!s.

Unread 18-09-2017, 02:55 PM
suedeshoes

Not really into him. He's lacking in too many areas. Good footballer but never a great player.

Unread 18-09-2017, 02:59 PM
tatty

He's been a bit 'meh' for us but you just know he'll turn in to a world beater if he gets the right set-up elsewhere.

Unread 18-09-2017, 03:04 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
He's been a bit 'meh' for us but you just know he'll turn in to a world beater if he gets the right set-up elsewhere.
FFS you spoilt turds... assists galore, we're top of the league - maybe a few tweaks required but that's it?

Unread 18-09-2017, 03:54 PM
£#%&! KFC

he's £#%&!ing ace ffs

absolute state of some of the comments

Unread 18-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Clarkie

Has a knack of seemingly not doing anything and yet, he provides assists out of nowhere and is a major factor in our early season form.

I'm happy with him anyways

Unread 18-09-2017, 04:32 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

I must be watching other games. He's been a creative nuisance all season.
Players who try to make stuff happen will always frustrate.

Unread 18-09-2017, 05:04 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
The Giggs comparison from Dunk is fair. Need the attacking players to be willing to try the low percentage, to understand that they are going to frustrate and look an idiot on occasion. Mata does not frustrate on the same level, but he rarely takes a risk with the ball, is much less creative than most assume and when the goals are not coming is not much of a threat.

A lot of the attacking play from Utd is very individual or counter attack based. It is not a smooth system of ball and player movement that you can see from the likes of Real, Barca, Bayern, even City at times. Perhaps will get there in time but it is not what Mou usually looks for.

Unread 18-09-2017, 06:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Yep, he is definitely better now than when he started here as well. in another year, who knows?

Unread 18-09-2017, 08:38 PM
sa7

MEHkhitaryan

Unread 19-09-2017, 08:36 AM
92ToBury

Most assists in the league. Must be some really shit decision makers stinking up the other 19 clubs.

Unread 19-09-2017, 11:33 AM
livelylobster

I wonder if we all watch the same matches at times. He's been nothing short of sensational minus the first few months of last season.

Unread 19-09-2017, 11:35 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by livelylobster
I wonder if we all watch the same matches at times. He's been nothing short of sensational minus the first few months of last season.
Yep. But all he does is assist and score.....

Unread 19-09-2017, 11:42 AM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelylobster
Sensational? Seriously?

He's been inconsistent and anonymous for large parts of games. The assists and goals while very welcome have punctuated some typically frustrating performances. He is plenty capable of improving, and the manager's preference of having bogbrush behind him instead of an actual footballer is a definite hindrance, but you have very low standards if you think he's sensational.

Unread 19-09-2017, 11:47 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
FFS you spoilt turds... assists galore, we're top of the league - maybe a few tweaks required but that's it?
Second on alphabetical order tbf

Unread 19-09-2017, 11:49 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Second on alphabetical order tbf
The arguments for changing our name to something less region specific just keep mounting up.

England United could work.

Unread 19-09-2017, 11:54 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
The arguments for changing our name to something less region specific just keep mounting up.

England United could work.
Aardvark FC
Closed Thread