United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-09-2017, 12:10 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Default Mikki

I have some concerns about his inability to just release the ball

ALL he ever wants to do is just dribble and is frequently caught out — looking like he still hasn't fully grasped the pace of the league yet.

Fabulously talented player etc but can someone coach him?

Unread 18-09-2017, 12:12 PM
ryanMUFC

Same could be said about Pogba.
If he keeps the assists up, he can do what he likes.

Unread 18-09-2017, 12:23 PM
Switching Off

Could be argued the wide players (and Lukaku) aren't tuned into him. Does he always have a couple of options or is he being forced into trouble by a lack thereof?

The positive is that he's picking up assists and goals and the front 4 have still not gelled properly.

Unread 18-09-2017, 12:28 PM
Sparky***

All our forwards hold onto the ball too long.

It's alright when there's a counter attack on and space to run into but Everton had 8 players back the whole time and we kept charging, heads down into blue shirts.

They'll sort it out I'm sure.

Unread 18-09-2017, 12:30 PM
ZiggyStardust

He wants to do something with the ball every time he gets it

Can't say he isn't trying to be positive but feels like he's constantly making the wrong decisions
Why he keeps trying to nutmeg players on the edge of our own box is beyond me

He was a lot better yesterday then against Basle when he was horrific but every time I see someone close him down I expect him to lose the ball. Same with Mata
Really want to have confidence that he will look after the ball but just seems to be really bad at shielding it

I think he needs to be coached to play 1 and 2 touch until the right moment when he has a bit of space to run into and then try to dribble and do something special

At the moment not convinced he's the long term answer

Unread 18-09-2017, 12:30 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
sure they will, but if they do can you please start straight away looking for another reason to piss yourself whilst moaning

Unread 18-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Sapien

Quote:
All our forwards hold onto the ball too long.

It's alright when there's a counter attack on and space to run into but Everton had 8 players back the whole time and we kept charging, heads down into blue shirts.

This guy
17 goals in 6 games so far this season

Unread 18-09-2017, 12:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
sure they will, but if they do can you please start straight away looking for another reason to piss yourself whilst moaning
I can look for another reason to drive to your house and one-bomb you on your doorstep? How's that.

Unread 18-09-2017, 12:34 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
I can look for another reason to drive to your house and one-bomb you on your doorstep? How's that.
don't have a step mate, come straight in. I'll make you a brew too

then stab your neck

Unread 18-09-2017, 12:43 PM
20 times

Quote:

I don't think they will. Liverpool will destroy us

Unread 18-09-2017, 12:48 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
This guy
17 goals in 6 games so far this season
20 goals.

Unread 18-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
20 goals.
Even better

Unread 18-09-2017, 12:55 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
20 goals.
yep. averaging over 3 goals a game. Can't wait until we get good again.

Not in the slightest worried about Miki. At least he is usually trying to make something happen.

More worried about Herrera who delivered another negative cameo yesterday. Seems to be permanently facing the wrong way. I always thought his backward passing was an LVG thing but if it was, he is taking his time getting it out of his system.

Unread 18-09-2017, 12:55 PM
My Name is Keith

Some proper Nani- esque decision making yesterday. The one where he could have played in rashers only to try and lob it to rommers was pure lobotomy stuff. Few crowd murmurs started surfacing as the game wore on and he got snuffed out or didn't play others in.

Tricky one because he feels like a luxury player - can be hugely ineffective for large parts of the game but then turns up with assists and goals for fun. For that reason, he can't be dropped imv.

Unread 18-09-2017, 01:02 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

The same crowd who at 1-0 were shouting shoot every time Valencia went near the ball and treated it like a Rooney testimonial.

Mhiki is clearly a class player, he can do better in certain moments of the game but overall he's started the season well and will only get better. Ignore the noise and just concentrate on what makes him a brilliant player.

Unread 18-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Some proper Nani- esque decision making yesterday. The one where he could have played in rashers only to try and lob it to rommers was pure lobotomy stuff. Few crowd murmurs started surfacing as the game wore on and he got snuffed out or didn't play others in.

Tricky one because he feels like a luxury player - can be hugely ineffective for large parts of the game but then turns up with assists and goals for fun. For that reason, he can't be dropped imv.
Compare him to Silva or De Bruyne - I'm petrified whenever either of those @#%&!s gets the ball for City. I bet Mkhi has better stats or assists or whatever %@#$&!s we're supposed to be bothered about but we need someone of their ilk in my book.

Unread 18-09-2017, 01:45 PM
rockored2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Compare him to Silva or De Bruyne - I'm petrified whenever either of those @#%&!s gets the ball for City. I bet Mkhi has better stats or assists or whatever %@#$&!s we're supposed to be bothered about but we need someone of their ilk in my book.
Sadly very true.

Unread 18-09-2017, 02:22 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Biggest difference between those two and Mkhitaryan is that you always feel either Silva or De Bruyne will make the right decision when on the ball while with Mkhitaryan you're almost expecting him to do £#%&! it up
Also those two can shield the ball extremely well (especially Silva) which makes them very hard to press

Unread 18-09-2017, 02:41 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Gets a lot of shit in the same way Giggs used to. His job is to create, to draw defenders, get them to commit and to take them out of the game, as with Giggs it's never going to work every time, but it's so important to have someone doing this as often as possible. Need to get more movement and support for him to bounce off if anything.

Unread 18-09-2017, 03:28 PM
saffers

Hes magnificent
Closed Thread