Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

u wot m8
ffs

Unread 05-11-2014, 12:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Yep If he keeps picking Fellaini he should be tazered every time he says Philosophy.
jesus christ, he'd be frazzled

Unread 05-11-2014, 12:38 PM
The Return of JC

Thumbs up

Quote:

u wot m8
outstanding!

Unread 05-11-2014, 12:40 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

u wot m8

Unread 05-11-2014, 01:17 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
He used to seem like a principled guy but seems devoid of them in his simple punditry.

United were full of footballers passing sideways last season, what was he saying then?

Blind plays very intelligently & is an asset to the side.

Neville had a good season in 06/07 but made high profile mistakes in his career; it's aggravating to hear him preaching against defensive blunders when you remember his utterly stupid & pointless handball vs Bayern in 2010 in the away leg which brought them back into the game and tie ...
Neville was constantly targeted by the opposition for most of his career at CL level. They knew he was a technical weak spot.

In fairness, you are allowed a certain "do as I say, not as I do" as a coach or a manager (doubt Mourinho or Wenger could take the ball off a midfield star and show them how to make a pass).

I know we're all disappointed with the two games against the best sides in the country but, frankly, given we were throwing away leads to Leicester not so long ago, I thought they looked pretty solid and are going in the right direction. The squad has plenty talent but is a bit imbalanced still. Fellaini is in the team to provide some physicality, playing reasonably well and may improve with good coaching BUT Utd should have someone like Pogba there.

We need a good ball playing centre half. Consider where Vidic and Evra were in their development at this stage after arriving and compare to Rojo and Shaw (who are younger and less experienced). Rojo injury is far more serious outcome of Sunday than the loss. Jones might deputise. We have two positions sorted there. I think Rafael will be alright but wouldn't be surprised to see him traded in for a bit more solid alternative. The player we're really missing (not just this year but with a couple of years since his decline) is Rio. The quick, elegant, ball playing centre half. The team is set up for someone like that. I like McNair so far. I would also consider Carrick playing back there. They might have slips but the other pairings are uncomfortable on the ball and it invites them to press on to us. Have a guy who is good on the ball back there (preferably two). Carrick could even be an attacking threat from there with the high line we're playing.

The only concern I'd have with Blind in midfield is he's slow. Hate watching players peddling around the field like that. You can't be asking him to be an attacking mid as well as doing that defensive shield job. Keane was just about able to do both in his twenties and he was the finest defensive mid of his era.

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:32 PM
ManagerXI

Watching Blind at the world cup he was magnificent and I thought he was a fantastic buy but I am not impressed with him playing as a defensive midfielder, he seems to not be sure what the role in this Utd team entails so he sits very deep, afraid to go forward because this team got caught from the quick counter attack straight down the middle so much in the opening 4 or 5 games that he is stuck there when he would be a fantastic player if allowed on the left to bomb forward.

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:34 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManagerXI
Watching Blind at the world cup he was magnificent and I thought he was a fantastic buy but I am not impressed with him playing as a defensive midfielder, he seems to not be sure what the role in this Utd team entails so he sits very deep, afraid to go forward because this team got caught from the quick counter attack straight down the middle so much in the opening 4 or 5 games that he is stuck there when he would be a fantastic player if allowed on the left to bomb forward.
His role is to sit deep hth

Unread 05-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
he would be a fantastic player if allowed on the left to bomb forward.
Nah. He was ordinary at ajax when he played there and his career escalated when moved centrally to sit deep.

Unread 05-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Watching Blind at the world cup he was magnificent and I thought he was a fantastic buy but I am not impressed with him playing as a defensive midfielder, he seems to not be sure what the role in this Utd team entails so he sits very deep, afraid to go forward
Sounds like he knows exactly what a defensive midfielder is. Probably understands his role under van gaal more than any of them.

Unread 05-11-2014, 07:12 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 05-11-2014, 07:17 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Imagine this lad next season with a year to bed in, will be immense.

Unread 12-11-2014, 11:00 PM
ZiggyStardust

On target for Holland tonight

Lost 2-3 to Mexico

https://vine.co/v/OixrQu1E19a

Unread 12-11-2014, 11:05 PM
Crumps

Can't £#%&!ing wait til we put out something like proper midfield 3 with him, Carrick and Herrera.

Will see an upturn in Di Maria's form straight away I reckon.

Unread 12-11-2014, 11:08 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Lost 2-3 to Mexico

Unread 12-11-2014, 11:40 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Lost 2-3 to Mexico

https://vine.co/v/OixrQu1E19a
is that Cheech who makes absolutely no effort to tackle him?

Unread 16-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Bunker Buster

Limped off knee injury.....

Unread 16-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Jethro

We may as well pack up and forget this season. Cursed, absolutely £#%&!ing cursed

Unread 16-11-2014, 07:16 PM
puressence

its £#%&!ing unreal

Unread 16-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Bunker Buster

Arguably the POS so far.......

Gone.

Hope it's just a knock....
Closed Thread